Southover Close, Westbury-on-Trym
Situated at the head of a cul-de-sac and set within an exceptionally large plot; an extended 1960’s detached house (circa 2,500sq.ft) which is in need of modernisation and presently offers 5 bedroom, 3 reception room accommodation with ample parking, integral garage and well established gardens. Offered with no onward chain and to be sold for the first time since 1987 (and only the third time we understand since construction). The property is set within a very neighbourly and sought after cul-de-sac. Located on the edge of Westbury on Trym village yet within 500 metres of the shops, restaurants and amenities, also nearby Henbury Golf Club and fabulous walks through the Blaise Castle Estate. Also within walking distance of Westbury-on-Trym Academy. A most exciting blank canvas opportunity to cosmetically update, re-configure improve to suit individual requirements. The rear garden (which at its maximum extends to 100ft x 65ft) is a gardener’s paradise with a wide assortment of mature shrubs and specimen trees as well as garden pond with stone waterfall. Ground Floor: entrance porch, reception hall, 28ft sitting room, dining room, kitchen, utility room, study, bathroom. First floor: landing, 5 bedrooms, bathroom, separate wc. Outside: driveway parking, integral garage, lean-to garden room, well stocked rear garden.
- Set within an exceptionally large plot situated at the head of a cul-de-sac
- Extended 1960's detached house
- In need of modernisation
- 5 bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- No onward chain
situated at the end of a cul-de-sac – brick pillars with driveway and parking immediately in front of the house giving access to the front entrance. Upvc double glazed door opening to:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 8' 1'' x 7' 2'' (2.46m x 2.18m)
upvc double glazed floor to ceiling windows to front and side elevations, tiled flooring, ceiling light point. Obscure glazed door with side panels opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance with staircase ascending to the first floor, radiator with complementary shelf over, ceiling light point, understair storage cupboard, doors to:-
SITTING ROOM: 28' 11'' x 12' 5'' (8.81m x 3.78m)
triple aspect with picture window to the front elevation, 2 windows to the side elevation and double doors with side panels opening to the rear garden. Stone fireplace with hearth and open fire. Plinth heating, two ceiling light points.
DINING ROOM: 14' 5'' x 10' 3'' (4.39m x 3.12m)
sliding door and side panel overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden, Victorian style radiator, ceiling light point. Breakfast bar and obscure glazed sliding serving hatch through to the kitchen. Door to:-
KITCHEN: 14' 5'' x 7' 9'' (4.39m x 2.36m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level units combining drawers and cupboards. Marble effect worktop surfaces with matching upstands, stainless steel sink with draining boards to either side. Integral electric double oven with 5 ring halogen hob. Space for dishwasher. Tiled effect flooring, window overlooking the rear garden, extractor fan, illuminate strip light, space for tall fridge/freezer. Door returning to the reception hall.
STUDY: 15' 11'' x 8' 10'' (4.85m x 2.69m)
floor to ceiling window to the front elevation, radiator, recessed book shelving, two ceiling light points.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 7' 11'' descending to 5'4" x 6' 4'' (2.41m/1.63m x 1.93m)
a newly re-fitted modern white suite comprising low level dual flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin and walk in style shower with overhead circular shower and hand held shower attachment. Fully tiled walls, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, mirror with integral lighting, extractor fan, radiator, two ceiling light points.
UTILITY ROOM: 11' 0'' x 10' 7'' (3.35m x 3.22m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level units combining drawer and cabinets, marble effect worktop surfaces with matching upstands, double stainless steel sink with draining boards to either side, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, radiator, illuminate strip light, window to the rear elevation. Upvc double glazed door opening externally to the rear garden.
two ceiling light points, enjoying plenty of light via a window to the front elevation, loft access with pull down ladder, built in storage cupboards with slatted shelving. Airing Cupboard with wall mounted Ideal Exclusive gas fired combination boiler, ceiling light point and slatted shelving. Doors to:-
BEDROOM 1: 17' 6'' x 13' 9'' (5.33m x 4.19m)
picture window to the front elevation, a bank of built in wardrobes with cupboards above, a pair of recessed double opening built in wardrobes, radiator, ceiling light point, two wall light points.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 10'' x 12' 5'' (4.52m x 3.78m)
double aspect with picture window overlooking the rear garden and an additional window to the side elevation, a pair of double opening wardrobes with cupboards above and central dressing table, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: 17' 4'' x 11' 1'' (5.28m x 3.38m)
triple aspect with windows to the front, side and rear elevations, built in wardrobes, radiator, two ceiling light points.
BEDROOM 4: 11' 5'' x 9' 0'' (3.48m x 2.74m)
dual aspect with windows to the front and side elevations, built in wardrobe with sliding mirrored doors, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 5: 8' 7'' x 7' 0'' (2.61m x 2.13m)
window to the rear elevation, Victorian style radiator, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM: 6' 11'' x 5' 10'' (2.11m x 1.78m)
panelled bath with mixer tap and telephone style shower attachment, wash hand basin, heated towel rail/radiator, obscure glazed window to the rear elevation, wall light with shaver point, ceiling light point.
SEPARATE WC: 7' 1'' x 3' 2'' (2.16m x 0.96m)
situated next to the family bathroom. Low level flush wc, obscure glazed window to the rear elevation, ceiling light point.
off street parking for several vehicles. Access to:-
INTEGRAL SINGLE GARAGE: 15' 6'' x 14' 5'' (4.72m x 4.39m)
metal up and over door, three illuminate strip lights, various power points, wall mounted cupboards, roof light, part obscure glazed door opening to lean to garden room.
LEAN TO GARDEN ROOM: 8' 11'' x 8' 5'' (2.72m x 2.56m)
sloping Perspex roof, double power point. Door returning to the garden.
there is a deep shrub border to one side of the driveway and to the other a section of lawn with an established hedgerow.
REAR GARDEN: 100' 0'' width x 65' 0'' depth max measurements (30.46m x 19.80m)
immediately to the rear of the house there is a broad patio with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbequing etc. The remainder of the garden is gently sloping and principally laid to lawn with an assortment of mature shrubs and established trees, outside water tap. Garden shed and greenhouse plus pedestrian side gate giving access to the front garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.