Canynge Square, Clifton
An elegant and sophisticated 4 bedroom, 3 reception, grade II listed (circa 1845) late Georgian style townhouse presented to a high standard and retaining numerous period features. Location: Canynge Square was built between 1842 and 1853 at the end of the Georgian era and start of the Victorian period and is an enclave of attractive and prestigious town houses that surround a central communal garden that acts as a point of interest that binds this strong community together. The active residents association manage the central gardens and organise social events throughout the year. As well as its close proximity to the boutique shops and restaurants of Clifton Village and the open space of Christchurch Green the property is also convenient for access to the city centre and Bristol Temple Meads station (within 2 miles) and good state and private schools are located within walking distance not least Clifton College, Clifton High School and Christchurch Primary School. Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, entrance hall, large study/reception 2, bedroom 2 with en-suite shower/wc. Lower Ground Floor: family/dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, lobby, separate wc. First Floor: landing, sitting room with balcony, bedroom 1 with wet room/en-suite shower/wc. Second Floor: landing, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, family bath/shower room/wc. Outside: flagstone south-west facing front garden and courtyard rear garden. Useful storage vaults. Delightful communal gardens Sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
- Elegant town house
- 4 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms
- Presented to a high standard
- Period features
- Courtyard gardens
- Communal garden
- Sold with no onward chain
from the pavement find the wrought iron gate which opens into the courtyard front garden and flagstone pathway leads up to the solid wooden front door, which opens into:-
ceiling cornice, dado rail, inset floormat, part glazed wooden door opens into:-
oak flooring, ceiling cornice and downlighters, dado rail, recessed radiator, doors radiate to the study/reception 2 and bedroom 2. Staircase with stripped wooden handrail rises to first floor landing and further staircase descends to the lower ground floor level.
LARGE STUDY/RECEPTION 2: (front) (14' 9'' into bay x 13' 4'' into chimney recess) (4.49m x 4.06m)
ceiling cornice, large sash window with working shutters, period style fireplace with tiled insert and black granite hearth, built-in bookcases to chimney recesses with radiators behind matching decorative screens, ceiling cornice, picture rail, oak flooring, built-in desk unit with wooden worksurface and useful double drawer unit with bookcase/storage above.
BEDROOM 2 with EN-SUITE: (15' 9'' to chimney breast x 13' 3'' incl. en-suite) (4.80m x 4.04m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, sash window with working shutters, hand-built built-in wardrobes with drawers and shelving, oak flooring, two radiators. Door to lightweight half height compartment containing:-
white suite comprising low level wc with concealed cistern, pedestal wash hand basin with splashback, shower cubicle with tiled surround and mains fed shower, heated towel rail, further window to the rear elevation.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
from the entrance hall staircase leads down to an open lobby area from which there is a door to the wc and wide openings lead through to both the kitchen/breakfast room (towards the front) and the family /dining room (to the rear) and centrally to useful storage cupboards. Throughout this floor are beautiful large travertine stone floor tiles which are underfloor heated. From front to back there is a through measurement of 34'5/10.49m providing for a very sociable living space. Measured and described separately as follows:-
FAMILY/DINING ROOM: (15' 6'' to chimney breast x 12' 9'') (4.72m x 3.88m)
period fireplace with surround and cast iron insert, matching low level cupboards to chimney recesses, ceiling downlighters, glazed double doors with wooden shutters lead onto the rear garden, further sash window overlooking the garden with window seat/storage unit.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (14' 7'' to front of units/into chimney breast) x 13' 2'' (4.44m x 4.01m)
good range of base and wall mounted units, black granite worksurfaces with inset stainless steel sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, large Mercury 5 burner gas hob with extractor, built-in dishwasher, Siemens American style fridge/freezer, island unit with small breakfast bar and oak surface, window seat beneath sash window with working shutters, ceiling downlighters. Door leads to:-
with high level electricity fuse boards and door leading to lower ground floor entrance door and so to lower front courtyard, front vaults and steps which lead back up to the front garden.
white suite comprising low level wc with concealed cistern and small wall mounted wash hand basin with travertine tiled splashback, extractor fan.
doors radiate to the sitting room (to the front) and bedroom 1 (to the rear), low level radiator set behind decorative screen, staircase with stripped wooden handrail rises up to second floor landing. The stairwell is blessed with good natural light courtesy of the large ceiling skylight.
SITTING ROOM: (15' 9'' to chimney breast x 13' 9'') (4.80m x 4.19m)
ceiling cornice and picture rail, large floor to ceiling sash window which opens to provide access onto a working Balcony (measuring 7'5 x 3'6) (2.26m x 1.07m) with wrought iron ornate railings – a lovely spot to catch the afternoon sun. Period style fireplace with marble surround and inset cast iron hearth with gas flame effect fire, built-in cupboard and storage units to chimney recesses, oak flooring, radiator.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (15' 10'' to chimney breast x 13' 2'') (4.82m x 4.01m)
ceiling cornice and picture rail, sash window to rear elevation, period style fireplace with cast iron insert and tiled reveals, hand-built wardrobes to chimney recesses with lower level drawer units, radiators, concealed door provides access to:-
Wet Room/En-Suite Shower/WC: (6' 7'' x 4' 5'') (2.01m x 1.35m)
full height slate wall tiling with mosaic decorative band, tiled mosaic stone floor with underfloor heating, low level wc with concealed cistern, mains fed shower with large ceiling rose and a separate handheld attachment, wall mounted wash hand basin with recessed granite shelf and recessed mirrors with lighting above. Ceiling downlighters, heated towel rail and extractor fan.
doors to bedroom 3 & 4, family bathroom/wc and to Laundry Cupboard with plumbing for washing machine, hardwood worksurface, Worcester boiler and high level hot water tank.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (16' 5'' to chimney breast x 14' 1'') (5.00m x 4.29m)
arched sash window to front elevation, storage units to chimney recesses, hand-built wardrobe and storage unit. Ceiling cornice and downlighters, double glazed ceiling skylight, radiator and loft hatch.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (13' 5'' x 9' 0'' to chimney breast) (4.09m x 2.74m)
picture rail, sash window to rear elevation, period fireplace with surround and cast iron insert, radiator.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: (13' 3'' x 7' 0'') (4.04m x 2.13m)
white suite comprising cantilever wc with concealed cistern, panelled bath with central filling outlet with travertine tiled surround, wash bowl set in marble surface with cupboards and drawer unit beneath with travertine tiled splashback, large shower unit with sliding glass screen and Grohe mains fed shower with large drench rose and separate handheld attachment with travertine tiled surround, ceiling downlilghters, heated towel rail, hardwood floorboards, extractor fan, sash window to rear elevation with far reaching rooftop views.
FRONT GARDEN: (18' 0'' x 17' 0'' incl. stairs down to lower ground floor) (5.48m x 5.18m)
delightful south-west facing flagstone sitting out garden with stone built border, comprising olive tree and bushes, other flowering plants and grape vine. Wrought iron railings surround the garden and gate provides access to steps and so down to the lower ground floor entrance and to two useful storage vaults which run under part of the front garden, one of which has power and light and houses the gas meter. (Vault 1: 10'0 x 9'10 [3.05m x 3.00m] and Vault 2: 10'0 x 5'10 [3.05m x 1.78m] with a maximum ceiling height of circa 6'6/1.98m).
REAR GARDEN: (20' 0'' x 17' 0'') (6.09m x 5.18m)
paved patio garden with timber edged raised borders containing a number of shrubs and bushes, fig tree, surrounded by stone boundary walls.
COMMUNAL RESIDENTS GARDENS:
there is a lovely garden within Canynge Square for the enjoyment of the residents of the square, subject to a voluntary annual subscription.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.