Elgin Park, Redland
A spectacular and tastefully renovated and inviting Redland family home with a breath-taking interior, versatile accommodation and well stocked front and rear gardens.
Jaw dropping kitchen/dining space spanning the entire width of the property with kitchen, an abundance of natural light and a floating mezzanine floor.
Extensive renovations include a high tech full re-wire, re-plumb with underfloor heating on the lower ground floor, basement conversion and much more.
Located on an enviable wide residential road within 700 metres of Redland Green School and just a few hundred metres of Whiteladies Road, with it’s excellent restaurants, weekly farmers market and regular bus connections. Redland and Clifton Down train stations are also nearby.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule with handy access straight through to the rear garden, beautiful central entrance hallway, elegant bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/bedroom 5, incredible split level kitchen/dining room and cloaks store.
First Floor: stunning galleried mezzanine room/home office, principal bedroom suite with walk in dressing area and en suite shower room, bedroom 2, large family bathroom/shower/wc and split level bedroom 3, providing a living and sleeping area.
Lower Ground Floor: landing, boiler/storage room, utility room and bedroom 4 with en suite shower room/wc and access to the rear garden.
Outside: gorgeous level front and rear gardens framed with attractive Victorian walls and established and well designed planting.
A most impressive and well-located period home with a quality, creative design and layout rarely seen in Bristol homes.
- A spectacular and tastefully renovated family home.
- Located on an enviable wide residential road.
- 5 bedrooms.
- 3 bath/shower rooms.
- Well stocked front and rear gardens.
- 700 metres from Redland Green Secondary School.
- Full width kitchen / dining room with floating mezzanine.
- Circa 2,700 sq.ft.
via stone pillars and garden gate with a cobbled pathway leading through a beautifully landscaped front garden. The pathway continues up the left hand side of the building to the main front door to the house into:
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 10' 5'' x 4' 5'' (3.17m x 1.35m)
a practical entrance space with glazed roof providing plenty of natural light and part stained glass door providing a handy access through to the garden, slate tiled flooring and a stunning original part stained glass period door leading through into:
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 20' 2'' x 6' 10'' (6.14m x 2.08m)
a welcoming central entrance hallway with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing, period staircase rising to first floor landing, exposed stripped floorboards, Victorian radiator and doors leading off to the sitting room, spectacular kitchen/dining room and reception 2/bedroom 5. Further doorway accesses a butler’s pantry with built in sideboard and open shelving. The staircase continues down to the lower ground floor landing.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 20' 5'' max into bay x 13' 5'' max into chimney recess (6.22m x 4.09m)
an elegant bay fronted sitting room with wonderful high ceilings, ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rail, recessed fireplace with wood burning stove, period surround, mantle and slate hearth, wide bay to front comprising 3 sash windows with working wooden shutters. Exposed stripped floorboards and radiators.
RECEPTION 2/BEDROOM 5: 15' 4'' x 9' 8'' (4.67m x 2.94m)
high ceilings with original cornicing and picture rail, exposed stripped floorboards, period style radiator, feature fireplace, large sash window to front with working wooden shutters, overlooking the landscaped front garden.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 23' 6'' x 20' 7'' max into bay (7.16m x 6.27m)
a spectacular split level sociable architect designed kitchen/dining space spanning the width of the rear of the building and described in two sections as follows:
a bespoke hand built high quality kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with integrated appliances including Siemens dual ovens, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, ply worktop with inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit with Grohe mixer tap, inset Miele induction hob, Miele extractor, large central island with breakfast bar area, built in cupboards and open shelving/book casing, wonderful high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, bay window to rear comprising 3 sash windows with working wooden shutters, discreet radiators, seamless glass balustrade with ‘floating’ 4 steps leading down into dining area with magnificent mezzanine home office/reception space over.
feature period tall stone fire surround with inset log burning stove and stone tiled hearth, exposed stripped floorboards, period style radiator, inset spotlights, built in period cabinets to chimney recesses with open shelving, magnificent 14ft high double glazed feature window with double glazed door beside providing a seamless access out onto the landscaped rear garden.
doors leading off to the principal bedroom suite, bedroom 2, family bathroom/wc and further steps rising to a door accessing the split level bedroom 3. Concertina folding doors at the lower mezzanine landing level provide a wide wall opening into the mezzanine home office.
MEZZANINE HOME OFFICE: 16' 9'' x 15' 8'' (5.10m x 4.77m)
an incredible galleried space floating over the dining area and viewing down into the kitchen/breakfast room with an original fireplace, exposed stripped floorboards and sash window to rear giving a beautiful view over the rear garden.
BEDROOM 1: 16' 0'' x 14' 0'' max into chimney recess (4.87m x 4.26m)
a stunning double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, tall sash windows to front, period fireplace with marble surround and slate hearth, exposed stripped floorboards, period style radiator and discreet door leading through into a dressing room.
Dressing Room: 9' 6'' x 8' 10'' (2.89m x 2.69m)
a useful dressing area with high ceilings, light tube providing natural light, inset spotlights, exposed stripped floorboards, small radiator and central wall opening connecting into the en suite shower room/wc.
En Suite Shower Room/wc: 9' 4'' x 6' 2'' (2.84m x 1.88m)
an oversized shower with fixed glass screen, sink set into a wooden counter, wc with concealed cistern, extractor fan, exposed stripped floorboards, period style radiator and sash window to front.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 17' 7'' max into bay x 12' 7'' (5.36m x 3.83m)
a good sized double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, wide bay to rear comprising 3 sash windows, a period style radiator, original fireplace with stone surround and mantle and slate hearth.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 9' 6'' x 8' 6'' (2.89m x 2.59m)
a beautifully appointed bathroom with free standing claw foot period bath, walk in wet room style shower with dual heated system fed shower and recessed alcove shelf, wall mounted Duravit wash hand basin with mosaic tiled splashback, period style radiator, tiled floor, inset spotlights, extractor fan and large sash window to side.
BEDROOM 3: 16' 0'' x 10' 6'' max into chimney recess (4.87m x 3.20m)
double bedroom with large Velux skylight window and further sash window to rear overlooking the rear garden, period style radiator, original fireplace, exposed stripped floorboards and floating stairs leading up to the adjoining:
Mezzanine Room: 11' 0'' x 10' 6'' (3.35m x 3.20m)
large Velux skylight window, inset spotlights, exposed stripped floorboards, period style radiator and low level door accessing a boarded loft storage space.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Along with the extension renovations to the property over recent years the lower ground floor has been renovated to provide an additional bedroom or reception, utility space, storage and boiler/service room.
wood flooring, doors off to bedroom 4, utility room and boiler room. Doors access a recessed storage cupboard and further doors conceal the high tech wiring and fuse boards.
BEDROOM 4: 19' 0'' max into bay x 11' 0'' max inclusive of en suite (5.79m x 3.35m)
a superb guest bedroom area with wood flooring, inset spotlights, bay to rear comprising double glazed sash windows and central part glazed door providing an access out onto the lower section of the rear garden, further door leads off to an en suite shower room/wc.
En Suite Shower Room/wc: 6' 3'' x 4' 3'' (1.90m x 1.29m)
a stylish en suite shower room with walk in wet room style shower with system fed rain head shower set into the ceiling, recessed alcove shelving, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin and high level glazed panel.
UTILITY ROOM: 6' 7'' x 6' 5'' (2.01m x 1.95m)
plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer, built in base level units with worktop over providing storage and an inset sink and drainer over, part tiled walls, tiled floor and inset spotlights.
the property enjoys a gorgeous front garden setting the property well back from the road. The garden is mainly laid to lawn with a tasteful cobbled pathway leading through and beside the building to the main front door to the house. There is a circular cobbled feature seating area with well stocked flower borders surrounding containing various plants, shrubs and trees.
REAR GARDEN: approx 55' 0'' x 30' 0'' (16.75m x 9.14m)
an exquisite, well stocked and tastefully designed rear garden mainly laid to lawn with rich flower borders containing various plants, shrubs and trees. There is a mature pear tree, several Japanese acers, a fishpond and most attractive stone boundary walls. Closest to the property’s kitchen/dining space there is a private seating area and steps leading down to a sunken lower courtyard with outdoor electrical sockets and low level door accessing an undercroft bicycle storage space/garden store.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.