Anglesea Place | Clifton
A most intriguing and creatively re-designed, 4 double bedroom, grade II listed late Georgian style townhouse, of circa 2,240 sq. ft., having an open-plan kitchen/breakfast/dining room, rooftop garden and charming south-west facing garden in a much favoured location.
Excellent location; near to the wide open spaces of the Downs - a marvellous playground and amenity.
Handy for Whiteladies Road/Blackboy Hill shops, near St John’s Primary School and Clifton College with Clifton High School and Clifton Village only a little further afield.
Easy access to the city centre/business/shopping/commercial districts, the waterfront, university and Park Street environs and main hospitals.
An astonishing and much loved stucco front townhouse, built circa 1850, having been painstakingly renovated to the exacting standards of the current owner with flair and imagination rarely seen.
Offering versatile and spacious accommodation, of circa 2,240 sq. ft., with open-plan kitchen/breakfast/dining room having bi-folding doors, drawing room, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room and vast family bath/shower room.
Period features abound throughout and blend seamlessly with high quality modern additions including kitchen by Moon Design, Duravit sanitaryware and wooden double glazed sash windows.
Externally, there is a south-west facing landscaped rear garden plus additional rooftop garden with 360 degree views.
A gracious and light filled Georgian style family home offering flexible accommodation with so much to savour - location, atmosphere, views, character and lots of light and space.
- A most intriguing & creatively re-designed late Georgian style townhouse
- Grade II listed, built circa 1850
- 4 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite)
- Drawing room (20'2 x 16'11)
- Open-plan kitchen/breakfast/dining room (19'8 x 16'11)
- Versatile & spacious (circa 2,240 sq. ft) accommodation
- South-west facing landscaped rear garden
- Additional rooftop garden with 360 degree views
- Desirable Clifton location
- Close to Whiteladies Road & The Downs
from the pavement, a Carrara marble step with solid wood panelled front door and fan light, opening to:-
ENTRANCE HALL: 16' 0'' x 12' 4'' (4.87m x 3.76m)
a most welcoming entrance to this spacious family home having inlaid entrance mat and solid maple flooring. Multi-paned wooden double glazed sash window to the front elevation with window seat. Built in work station plus floating book shelving, cabinets and drawers. Inset ceiling downlights, 2 radiators and ceiling light point. Useful cloakroom cupboard with coat hooks, wall light point and shelving. Staircase ascending to half landing with handrail. Stairs descending to the kitchen/breakfast/dining room. Door to:-
Duravit sanitary ware having wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap and low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Maple wood flooring, radiator, concealed cabinet, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST/DINING ROOM: 19' 8'' x 16' 11'' (5.99m x 5.15m)
created by Moon Design in 2019. Comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level soft closing units combining drawers and cabinets. Roll edged Quartz worktops with splashback tiling and LED pelmet lighting. 1½ bowl stainless steel undermount sink with draining board to side, swan neck mixer tap over and water filter. Integral Smeg range cooker comprising 6 ring gas hob, grill and double oven with extractor hood over that has integral lighting. Additional integrated appliances including freezer, dishwasher and tall fridge. Island unit with breakfast bar and pull out drawers below. Fitted seating bench. Solid oak flooring, two radiators, ample space for dining room table and chairs, fitted book shelving, inset ceiling downlights. Bi-folding double glazed doors overlooking and opening externally to the landscaped rear garden. Ceiling light point. Pantry cupboard with generous shelving and ceiling light point. Door with steps descending to the basement.
DRAWING ROOM: 20' 2'' x 16' 11'' (6.14m x 5.15m)
multi-paned double glazed sash window to the rear elevation with deep sill. Modern stove set upon a tiled hearth with recesses to either side of the chimney breast having floating book shelving. Maple wood flooring with reinforced glass floor panel looking through to the reception hall. Radiator, inset ceiling downlights, ceiling light point. Turning staircase ascending to half landing with door to:-
BEDROOM 2: 14' 3'' x 11' 9'' (4.34m x 3.58m)
multi-paned double glazed sash window to the front elevation enjoying a pleasant sylvan outlook. Chimney breast with recesses to either side (both with floating book shelving), radiator, floor to ceiling built in cupboards, ceiling light point.
radiator, ceiling light point, turning staircase ascending to the second floor with handrail. Doors to:-
BEDROOM 4: 12' 8'' x 8' 2'' (3.86m x 2.49m)
wooden multi-paned double glazed sash window to the rear elevation, radiator, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER/WC: 19' 6'' x 7' 2'' (5.94m x 2.18m)
panelled bath with wall mounted mixer tap. Worktop with circular wash hand basin and mixer tap. Walk in style shower cubicle with fully tiled surround, wall mounted shower unit, overhead shower and hand held shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern, tiled flooring, Spiralled vertical heated towel rail/radiator, part opaque wooden multi-paned double glazed sash window to the rear elevation, fitted shelving, generous storage cabinets, recessed shelving, inset ceiling downlights, wall light point, surround sound speakers, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 3: 17' 1'' x 11' 9'' (5.20m x 3.58m)
multi-paned double glazed sash window to the front elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side (one with fitted book shelving), radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 1: 20' 2'' x 13' 7'' (6.14m x 4.14m)
a pair of wooded multi-paned double glazed sash windows to the rear elevation enjoying far reaching rooftop views towards Clifton including various church towers. Wall to wall built in wardrobing offering generous hanging rail and shelving space. Radiator, inset ceiling downlights, wall light point. Steps up with windows and hatch doorway giving access to the roof terrace. Door to:-
En-Suite Shower Room/wc: 8' 3'' x 3' 2'' (2.51m x 0.96m)
walk in style shower with fully tiled surround, wall mounted shower unit and hand held shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap and cupboard below. Tiled flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, built in cupboard, two wall light points, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
BASEMENT: 16' 11'' x 11' 9'' (5.15m x 3.58m)
Wooden stairs on hinges which pulls up to provide understairs storage. Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler, hot water cylinder and pressurised tank. Further under pavement storage area.
REAR GARDEN: 26' 0'' x 18' 0'' (7.92m x 5.48m)
designed for ease of maintenance being constructed of either timber, paving or slate with raised shrub borders that feature an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. Ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbequing etc. Enclosed on all three sides by a combination of stone walls and timber fencing. Outside water tap.
accessed via wooden steps from bedroom 1 with double opening hatch doors.
SECTION 1: 16' 10'' x 11' 4'' (5.13m x 3.45m)
timber decking and built in hot tub (no longer in use), wall light point. Steps up to:-
SECTION 2: 46' 0'' x 19' 0'' (14.01m x 5.79m)
ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbequing etc with raised border featuring a row of box hedging. Glorious 360° views encompassing much of Bristol and its landmarks.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: F
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.