Howard Road, Westbury Park
A most welcoming and stylish, 3 double bedroom, 2 reception room, bay fronted Edwardian period family house, having a superb open-plan kitchen/breakfast room (23ft x 16ft) and 43ft south-easterly facing rear garden.
The neighbourhood has a great deal to offer. The local convenience store is a nearby Waitrose. Just a short walk away there is a fishmonger, two butcher's shops, cafes, good small restaurants aplenty, a gastro pub and many varied independent shops to explore as well as the local library and independent cinema. Situated within 500 metres of Henleaze Junior School and within approximately 1 km of Redland Green Secondary School. Just a short stroll away is the Downs which offers 400 acres of recreational space.
The house has been extended to provide a good sized open-plan kitchen/breakfast room with sleek gloss base and eye level units, numerous integrated appliances, herringbone flooring, a row of skylight windows and bi-folding doors onto the rear garden.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, entrance hallway, sitting room, cloakroom/wc, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room.
First Floor: split level landing, three double bedrooms, family bathroom/wc.
Outside: easy maintenance front courtyard, 43ft south-easterly facing rear garden with sitting out area.
- A bay fronted Edwardian period family house on a popular road
- Impeccably presented with many period features
- Exceptional full width kitchen/breakfast extension with bi-folding doors
- Wooden double glazed windows throughout
- 3 double bedrooms and 2 reception rooms
- Easy maintenance front courtyard
- 43ft enclosed rear garden with sunny orientation
- Potential for loft conversion to create en-suite fourth bedroom (subject to consents)
- Well situated for a wide array of local amenities including local Waitrose
- Nearby play park for children
from the pavement a dwarf stone wall with pillars and pathway leading to the front entrance. Solid six panelled front door with fanlight, opening to:-
tessellated tiled flooring, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail and simple moulded cornicing. Ceiling light point. Part glazed stripped pine wooden door with obscure glazed overlight, opening to:-
having an elegant easy rising staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point, digital thermostat heating control, understairs storage cupboard. Four panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (15' 3'' x 12' 6'' max into bay window) (4.64m x 3.81m)
a gracious principal reception room having bay window to the front elevation comprising three wooden double glazed sash windows. Central period fireplace with open fire, decorative tiled slips, slate hearth and ornate Carrara marble mantel piece. Exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail and simple moulded cornicing. Ceiling light point and radiator.
low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Wash hand basin with mixer tap and cupboard below. Exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
DINING ROOM: (13' 9'' x 11' 2'') (4.19m x 3.40m)
central period fireplace with coal effect gas fire, decorative tiled slips, slate hearth and ornately carved mantel piece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing. Ceiling light point and radiator. Two skylight windows. Part glazed folding doors with wide wall opening through to:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (23' 11'' x 16' 5'') (7.28m x 5.00m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of sleek gloss and stainless steel base and eye level units with a combination of drawers and cabinets. Roll edged granite worktops with matching upstands and pelmet lighting. Inset stainless steel 1½ bowl sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over plus an additional utility sink. Integral appliances including 6 ring gas hob, stainless steel extractor hood, eye level electric double oven, dishwasher and washer/dryer. Herringbone flooring, space for American style fridge/freezer, moulded skirtings, three wall light points, digital thermostat heating control with underfloor heating, inset ceiling downlights. Part high sloping ceiling which enjoy plenty of natural light via five Velux windows each with fitted blinds. Part glazed door returning to the reception hall. Bi-folding doors overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden.
SPLIT LEVEL LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with handrail and ornately carved spindles, moulded skirtings, radiator, two ceiling light points, inset ceiling downlight and Velux window. Loft access with pull down ladder. Four panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (17' 1'' x 15' 2'' max into bay window) (5.20m x 4.62m)
having a bay window to the front elevation comprising three wooden double glazed sash windows, additional wooden double glazed sash window also to the front elevation. Central ornate cast iron fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, picture rail, two radiators, ceiling light point, two wall light points.
BEDROOM 2: (11' 9'' x 11' 3'') (3.58m x 3.43m)
large multi-paned wooden double glazed sash window to the rear elevation, ornate cast iron fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (12' 4'' x 9' 8'') (3.76m x 2.94m)
large multi-paned wooden double glazed sash window to the rear elevation overlooking the garden, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (6' 9'' x 6' 6'') (2.06m x 1.98m)
low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin with mixer tap set into roll edged granite worktop and matching splashback. Panelled bath with mixer tap, folding shower screen, built in shower unit, overhead shower and hand held shower attachment plus tiled surround. Tiled flooring, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point, obscure double glazed window to the side elevation, ceiling light point.
easy maintenance front courtyard with dwarf stone wall.
REAR GARDEN: (43' 0'' x 17' 0'') (13.10m x 5.18m)
enjoying a good amount of privacy and enclosed on all three sides by brick walling with trellising above and climbing plants. Immediately to the rear of the house there is a timber decked area with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants, barbequing etc. The remainder of the garden is level and principally laid to lawn with garden shed and pedestrian gate onto rear access pathway. Outside water tap, electric point and two wall light points.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.