Manor Road, Bishopston
An attractive and most welcoming 3 double bedroom (plus loft room) bay fronted Victorian terraced family home located a short stroll from the independent shops and restaurants of Gloucester Road. Further benefiting from retained original character and features, a 19ft x 11ft kitchen/dining room with direct access out onto the private rear garden.
Coveted location - a popular road in a friendly neighbourhood in the heart of Bishopston with the fantastic independent shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road just a short level walk away. Handy for the Downs and St Andrews Park and within easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, Whiteladies Road, Bristol University, main Hospitals, BBC, plus other local parks at Redland Green and Cotham Gardens.
250 metres from Bishop Road Primary School and circa 1.1 kilometres from Redland Green Secondary School.
Ground Floor: vestibule, L shaped hallway, sitting room, open plan kitchen/dining room, utility room.
First Floor: landing, 3 double bedrooms, family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing, loft room.
Outside: easy maintenance front courtyard and fully enclosed rear garden predominantly laid to a mixture of wooden decking and level lawn.
A charming period family home in a superb location.
- An attractive and welcoming bay fronted Victorian terraced family home
- A popular road in a friendly neighbourhood located a short stroll of the Gloucester Road
- Retained original character and features
- 3 double bedrooms (plus loft room)
- Front courtyard and private rear garden
from the pavement, pedestrian gate with pathway leading to front entrance door with small front courtyard to the side. Solid 4-panelled front door with stained glass fanlight, opening to:-
tall ceilings with cornicing, wooden flooring, part obscure glazed wooden door with fanlight opening to:-
L SHAPED HALLWAY:
ceiling light point, cornicing, dado rail, radiator, understairs storage cupboard, exposed wooden floorboards, stairs leading to first floor landing. Doors leading to sitting room and kitchen/dining room.
SITTING ROOM: 14' 9'' x 14' 9'' (4.49m x 4.49m)
a well-proportioned formal reception room with wide bay to the front elevation that comprises of 4 sash windows, central gas fireplace with tiled insert and wooden mantle, recesses to either side of fireplace, ceiling light point with ceiling rose, 2 wall light points, cornicing, picture rail, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirting boards
OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 19' 2'' x 11' 10'' (5.84m x 3.60m)
described separately as follows:
fitted with a matching range of drawer and base units with solid oak worktop over, gas cooker with electric oven, space for upright fridge/freezer and additional space for undercounter fridge or freezer, space and plumbing for dishwasher, inset 1½ bowl stainless steel sink with drainer unit and mixer tap over, built in pantry cupboard as well as built in dresser with wooden shelving above, island unit with storage beneath, ceiling light points, coving, picture rail, exposed wooden floorboards, window overlooking the rear garden.
ample space for dining room table and chairs, built in storage to one side of chimney recess, period cast iron fireplace with tiled hearth, French doors leading out onto rear garden with window above, ceiling light point, cornicing, picture rail, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirting boards, radiator.
UTILITY: 6' 3'' x 5' 10'' (1.90m x 1.78m)
accessed from the kitchen; Belfast sink with worktop over, plumbing for washing machine, wall mounted Vaillant combi boiler, window overlooking the garden, wall light point, door giving access out onto the rear garden.
stairs leading from entrance hallway to split level landing with light well allowing natural light from the loft room above, ceiling light point, dado rail, built in storage cupboard, tall moulded skirting boards, exposed wooden flooring, additional staircase leading to loft room, doors radiate to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: 14' 8'' x 13' 0'' (4.47m x 3.96m)
wide bay window to the front elevation comprising 4 sash windows, chimney breast with fitted storage and hanging rails to either side, ceiling light point, radiator, painted wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirting boards.
BEDROOM 2: 12' 0'' x 9' 5'' (3.65m x 2.87m)
sash window overlooking the rear garden, ceiling light point, cash iron feature fireplace, painted wooden floorboards, radiator, tall moulded skirting boards.
BEDROOM 3: 11' 10'' x 9' 5'' (3.60m x 2.87m)
sash window overlooking the rear garden, ceiling light point, cast iron feature fireplace, recess to either side of chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, radiator, tall moulded skirting boards.
a white bathroom suite comprising low level wc, panelled bath, separate shower enclosure with system fed shower, sash window to the front elevation, ceiling light point, radiator, tiled surrounds, cork tiled flooring, tall moulded skirting boards.
stairs leading from first floor landing, Velux ceiling skylight, ceiling light point, dado rail, wooden flooring, door leading to loft room.
LOFT ROOM: 19' 0'' x 13' 10'' (5.79m x 4.21m)
(This room doesn’t comply with building regulations and thus can only officially be termed as a ‘Loft Room’) currently arranged as a hobbies room with 3 Velux ceiling skylights, ceiling light point, radiator, 2 large built in storage rooms, tall moulded skirting boards. Window to staircase providing borrowed light.
easy maintenance front garden with low brick walling and wrought iron balustrade, small wooden storage shed.
REAR GARDEN: 40' 11'' x 26' 8'' (12.46m x 8.12m)
a private rear garden enjoying a wooden decked seating area closest to the property (which can be assessed through the kitchen/dining room and utility room) with lawned section towards the rear of the garden, flower beds to the borders with a mixture of mature trees, shrubs and bushes fully enclosed by wooden panelled fencing. Small storage shed, outside water tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.