St Vincents Hill | Redland
A charming and individual 2 bedroom, grade II listed period cottage tucked away in a highly convenient location just yards from Durdham Downs, Blackboy Hill and Whiteladies Road. Enjoying its own private entrance, a courtyard garden and a modern fresh interior.
Offered with no onward chain making a prompt and convenient move possible.
Situated in a prime residential location, high up in Redland and within close proximity of the local shops, restaurants and weekly farmer’s market of Whiteladies Road. The green open spaces of Durdham Downs and bus connections are also nearby.
Ground Floor: spacious lounge/dining room, separate kitchen/breakfast room, ground floor bathroom/wc.
First Floor: landing and 2 bedrooms.
A charming character home in a superb location – a wonderful alternative to an apartment.
- A charming and individual grade II listed period cottage
- Highly convenient location, close to The Downs
- Offered with no onward chain
- Generous living space and sperate kitchen breakfast room
- A wonderful alternative to an apartment
- Tucked away in a lovely situation, close to Whiteladies Rd
entering St Vincents Hill just off Grove Road there is a gate to the left hand side accessing a small hamlet of cottages where there is pedestrian access over the driveway and across a paved area to the pillars and covered entrance on the left hand side where you will find the private front door to No. 5. The front door leads directly into:-
LOUNGE/DINING ROOM: 21' 1'' x 16' 6'' (6.42m x 5.03m)
a spacious living area with windows to front and 2 further Velux skylight windows over providing plenty of natural light through the living space. Feature fireplace, tv point, further small windows to side and front, radiator and door through into the central landing, which in turn has a staircase up to the first floor and doors off to the kitchen/breakfast room and ground floor bathroom/wc.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 13' 2'' x 10' 0'' (4.01m x 3.05m)
a modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with square edged wood worktop over and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit, integrated appliances including a stainless stee oven, 4 ring gas hob with glass splashback with chimney hood over, microwave, slimline dishwasher, washer/dryer and gas central heating boiler concealed within one of the upper kitchen units. Breakfast bar area providing seating, door accessing a generous understairs larder cupboard with space for fridge/freezer and built in shelving, window to the rear and door to rear overlooking and accessing the rear courtyard garden, which in turn has gated access to the rear lane leading off Blackboy Hill and providing a shortcut through to the shops. Shallow recessed cupboard with fuse box and meter for the electrics. Radiator.
white suite comprising panelled bath with system fed shower over, low level wc, wash hand basin with storage cabinet beneath and tiled splashbacks, heated towel rail, extractor fan.
doors leading off to bedroom 1 and bedroom 2.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) 10' 3'' x 10' 0'' (3.12m x 3.05m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, sash window with secondary glazing to rear and a radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (front) 10' 0'' x 9' 3'' (3.05m x 2.82m)
a single bedroom with period windows to front with secondary glazing, double doors accessing a useful built in wardrobe, low level doors accessing eaves storage space, loft hatch and a radiator.
there is a paved seating area to the front of the property which is owned by No. 5 St Vincents Hill, although the neighbouring cottage has pedestrian access over.
REAR COURTYARD GARDEN:
there is a level rear courtyard garden attracting much of the afternoon sunshine which is laid to paving with a raised flower border and stone boundary wall. It also has gated access and a shortcut through to the shops.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: D
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.