Kings Drive, Bishopston
To be sold for the first time in 52 years is this natural 4 bedroom, 3 reception 1930's family house with garage, driveway parking and a 70ft westerly facing rear garden. A cherished home for over half a century, the house is now understandably dated in condition and offers an exciting chance to update, reconfigure and potentially extend, subject to the necessary consents. Excellent family location with 'outstanding' local schooling nearby, circa 500m to Redland Green School and Bishop Road Primary School. Within walking distance of Gloucester Road and convenient for the city centre. Ground Floor: entrance hallway, living room, dining room, breakfast room, kitchen. First Floor: landing, 4 bedrooms, bathroom/wc. Outside: low maintenance front garden (approx. 35ft x 22ft), driveway off street parking for one vehicle, single garage, enclosed rear garden (approx. 70ft max x 38ft) Offered with no onward chain, a real blank canvas and a chance to update and personalise to individual requirements.
- 1930s family house
- In need of renovation
- 500m to Redland Green School
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 receptions
- Single garage
- Driveway parking
- Front garden 35ft x 22ft
- Rear garden 70ft x 38ft
- Offered with no onward chain
generous front garden with gateway and path leading via a few steps up to the storm porch, with meter cupboards either side and the original partially stained glass and timber doors opening into:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: ((12' 8'' x 6' 11'' widening to 11'2 incl. of staircase) (3.86m x 2.11m))
stairs rise to the first floor, picture rail, useful understairs storage cupboard. Doors opening into the living room, dining room and breakfast room.
LIVING ROOM: ((17' 2'' x 14' 11'' into bay) (5.23m x 4.54m))
a very generous living room with wide box bay window to the front elevation with original timber and stained glass leaded overlights, two radiators, further casement window to side elevation.
DINING ROOM: ((rear) (13' 0'' x 13' 0'') (3.96m x 3.96m))
partially double glazed window and casement window to the side elevation overlooking the rear garden, radiator, fireplace.
BREAKFAST ROOM: ((10' 0'' x 9' 5'') (3.05m x 2.87m))
double glazed window to the rear elevation, wall mounted gas boiler, wall lights, archway opening into:-
KITCHEN: ((13' 7'' x 8' 9'') (4.14m x 2.66m))
fitted with a range of wall and base units incorporating working surfaces, 4 ring gas hob, electric oven with filter hood above, integrated fridge/freezer, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and dishwasher, tiled splashbacks, radiator, double glazed window to the side elevation and opaque double glazed door to the rear elevation which opens out onto the garden. Immediately outside the back door there is a gardeners wc.
doors lead off to all four bedrooms and the bathroom. Access to the roof storage space.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) (15' 0'' x 14' 11'' into bay) (4.57m x 4.54m))
range of timber casement windows to the front and side elevations, dado rail, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: ((rear) (13' 0'' x 10' 4'') (3.96m x 3.15m))
timber casement windows to the rear and side elevations, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: ((front) (11' 4'' x 9' 5'') (3.45m x 2.87m))
timber casement windows to the front elevation, exposed wooden floorboards, fitted wardrobe with storage space above, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: ((9' 6'' x 8' 5'') (2.89m x 2.56m))
double glazed window to rear elevation, fitted storage, exposed wooden floorboards, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: ((8' 7'' x 5' 1'') (2.61m x 1.55m))
coloured suite with low level wc, panelled bath, pedestal wash hand basin, double glazed window to rear elevation, exposed wooden flooring, radiator.
FRONT GARDEN: ((approx. 35' 0'' wide x 22' 0'' deep) (10.66m x 6.70m))
low maintenance paved front garden with rockery and raised bed, shrub borders.
OFF STREET PARKING:
driveway parking for one vehicle.
GARAGE: ((15' 9'' x 9' 3'' with a height of 9'0/2.74m) (4.80m x 2.82m))
door to rear elevation, opaque window to the rear elevation, light.
REAR GARDEN: ((approx. 70' 0'' deep x 38' 0'' wide) (21.32m x 11.57m))
depth measured to the back of the kitchen by the dining room and breakfast room; mainly laid to lawn with deep flower beds, fence panels to all sides with gated side access.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. There is also a perpetual yearly rent charge of £10.8s.0d p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.