Henleaze Avenue, Henleaze
An attractive 5 bedroom, 2/3 reception Victorian period semi detached family house of character with driveway parking and a charming garden in a popular location close to Henleaze Road shops and the Downs
Period detail, high ceilings and large sash windows combine to create a bright and airy family house with lots of space and a charming character feel.
Highly prized location - only a short walk away from the local Henleaze Road shops with Waitrose, North View and the wide open spaces of the Downs; the Henleaze, Elmlea and Westbury Park Primary Schools are all within 0.7 miles, easy access to Whiteladies Road/Clifton Village and the city centre or out of town via Westbury on Trym village to The Mall Shopping Centre at Cribbs Causeway and M5 junction 17
Ground Floor: reception hall, cloaks/shower/wc, sitting room, sociable family room, kitchen
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bathroom/wc
Second (Top) Floor: bedroom 4, bedroom 5
Outside: front garden (approx. 24ft x 13ft) overall inclusive of off street parking, delightful rear garden (45ft x 24ft) with lawn and sitting out areas
- Victorian period semi-detached family house
- Period detail, high ceilings & large sash windows
- 5 bedrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Charming rear garden
- Driveway parking for one vehicle
- Close to Henleaze Road shops
- A short stroll to the Downs
via ornate iron gate through front garden forecourt area, main entrance door with pretty stained glass fanlight and side window both with leaded lights.
RECEPTION HALL: ((overall incl. of staircase 17' 8'' x 7' 0'') (5.38m x 2.13m))
ornate ceiling cornice, dado rail, oak floor, traditional staircase with handrail and balustrade rising to upper floors, small cupboard under stairs, meter cupboard with electricity meter and trip switches, radiator.
CLOAKS/SHOWER/WC: ((8' 1'' x 2' 10'') (2.46m x 0.86m))
white suite, fully tiled surrounds, tiled floor, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, tiled shower cubicle with system fed shower unit, ceiling downlighters, extractor fan, heated towel rail/radiator.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) (17' 0'' into bay x 13' 3'' into chimney recess) (5.18m x 4.04m))
beautiful ornate ceiling cornice and centre rose, picture rail, wide bay with sash windows, fine period fireplace with marble surround/over mantel and inset iron fire basket with living flame coal effect gas fire, radiators.
FAMILY ROOM: ((20' 8'' into chimney recess x 18' 10'' into bay) (6.29m x 5.74m))
originally two rooms now a combined thro' living space with oak floor throughout. Ornate ceiling cornice and centre rose, picture rail, wide bay with sash windows overlooking rear garden, handsome period fireplace with iron/tiled insert and fire basket with living flame coal effect gas fire, radiators, wide opening thro’ to:-.
KITCHEN: ((rear) (24' 7'' x 6' 0'') (7.49m x 1.83m))
with a range of kitchen base and wall units incorporating granite work surfaces with tiling behind and lighting over, built in cooker with double electric oven and 5 ring gas hob unit, filter hood over, drawers/cupboards/glass fronted cabinets, stainless steel sink unit with granite work surface/drainer and mixer tap, recess with plumbing for washing machine, integrated dishwasher, ceiling downlighters, tiled floor with underfloor heating, double glazed windows and door leading out to rear garden, Velux double glazed opening skylight windows. Space for American style fridge/freezer, radiator.
dado rail, radiator. Doors to bedrooms 1,2, 3 and bathroom/wc. Stairs rise to second floor landing.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) (17' 0'' into bay x 13' 3'' into chimney recess) (5.18m x 4.04m))
ceiling cornice, wide bay with sash windows, fine period fireplace, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: ((15' 9'' plus door recess x 11' 1'' into chimney recess) (4.80m x 3.38m))
ceiling cornice, double glazed casement windows, full length range of built in wardrobes and cupboards with folding doors, hanging rails, shelves etc and incorporating a linen/boiler cupboard with Worcester gas boiler, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: ((rear) (11' 8'' x 9' 1'') (3.55m x 2.77m))
sash window, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: ((6' 11'' x 6' 5'') (2.11m x 1.95m))
white suite with chrome fittings in fully tiled surrounds, panelled bath with mixer tap and hand held shower attachment, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, heated towel rail/radiator, opaque sash window, ceiling downlighters.
SECOND (TOP) FLOOR
Skylight casts natural light into the stairwell and landing.
BEDROOM 4: ((overall incl. of built-in wardrobe 15' 5''max x 9' 4'' min) (4.70m x 2.84m))
(min dimensions measured into wall below sloping ceiling at 3'9/1.14m min height above floor level) period fireplace, double glazed sash window, built in double wardrobe with folding doors, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: ((front) (11' 9'' x 9' 0'' plus dormer bay) (3.58m x 2.74m))
(dimensions taken into walls below sloping ceilings at approx 4'4/1.32m min height above floor level) double glazed sash window, storage recess.
Front: ((approx 24' 0'' wide x 13' 0'' min depth to front of bay) (7.31m x 3.96m))
paved driveway providing off street parking for 1 vehicle, separate gated access through to rear, shrub borders.
Rear: ((approx 45' 0'' deep to front of bay x 24' 0'' wide) (13.71m x 7.31m))
(Dimensions inclusive of kitchen extension) delightful and attractive mature landscaped garden with an extensive paved sitting out and terrace for relaxing and entertaining with friends and family, dining alfresco, pot plants etc, pretty lawned area with side flower beds well stocked with a variety of flowering plants, shrubs and bushes, brick boundary walls and fencing, outside tap, paved gated side access through to front, garden shed, surrounds with plenty of screening trees and greenery, west and south west facing side aspect.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.