Portland Street, Clifton
A most impressive and stylishly presented, 4 double bedroom, 3 bath/shower room, grade II listed double fronted Georgian period townhouse situated in a quiet cul-de-sac within the heart of Clifton Village, having garden room opening out onto a remarkable rooftop garden (26ft x 18ft) via bi-folding doors. Impressive and versatile accommodation principally arranged over three levels with large multi-paned sash windows and offering circa 1,900 sq.ft. Situated in an enviable location within just a short stroll of the restaurants, boutique shops and cafés of Clifton Village. Also nearby is the Clifton Suspension Bridge and surround green open spaces of the Downs and within easy reach of the lovely walks and cycling trails of Leigh Woods and Ashton Court. Bristol’s wonderful harbourside and other central areas are also within a convenient distance. Useful barrelled ceiling cellar space which is presently utilised as a home gym. Situated with the Clifton Village residents parking scheme. Ground Floor: entrance hall, reception hall, separate WC, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room. First Floor: landing, 2 double bedrooms (one with en-suite shower room). Second Floor: landing, 2 double bedrooms (one with en-suite shower room), family bathroom. Third Floor: garden room linking to rooftop garden (27'1" x 19'2"). Lower Ground Floor: useful cellar room / home gym.
- Central Clifton Village Georgian townhouse
- Exceptional rooftop garden (27ft x 19ft)
- 4 double bedrooms
- 3 bath/shower rooms
- Double fronted
- Grade II listed
- Circa 1,900 sq.ft
- Modern high quality bathrooms
- Having an abundance of period features
- Highly versatile accommodation
from the pavement, there is an impressive solid wood panelled front door with Bath stone surround and stained glass fanlight, opening to:-
wooden flooring, moulded skirtings, dado rail, inset ceiling downlights, radiator. Raised height main switch board control cupboards. Part glazed wooden door with overlight, opening to:-
turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrails and spindles, part stained glass tall window to the side elevation with secondary glazing, understair storage cupboard, double opening cloakroom cupboard, radiator, inset ceiling downlights. Panelled doors with moulded architraves and stainless steel door furniture, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: 17' 9'' x 11' 7'' (5.41m x 3.53m)
dual aspect with sash window to the front elevation (having plantation style shutters) and an additional multi-paned window to the side elevation. Central period fireplace with cast iron surround and an ornately carved mantle piece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, radiator, two decorative arched recesses.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 13' 11'' x 11' 0'' (4.24m x 3.35m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of Shaker style base and eye level units combining drawers, cabinets and glazed display cabinets. Roll edged Corian worktop surfaces with undermount 1½ bowl sink and mixer tap. Upstands and bevel edged splashback tiling. Integrated appliances including electric oven, 5 ring gas hob and extractor hood over. Integrated fridge and freezer plus space for washing machine, dishwasher and wine cooler. Tiled flooring, multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with plantation style shutters, radiator, coved ceiling, inset ceiling downlights.
low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Wash stand with wash hand basin and mixer tap plus cupboard below, tiled flooring and walls, heated towel rail/radiator, ceiling light point.
tall obscure glazed window to the side elevation with secondary glazing, turning staircase ascending to the second floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point. Six panelled doors with moulded architraves and stainless steel door furniture, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: 15' 7'' x 14' 5'' (4.75m x 4.39m)
a gracious principal reception room having large multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with plantation style shutters, central ornate cast iron fireplace, generous built in wardrobes with cupboards above, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, vertical radiator, ceiling light point. Six panelled door with moulded architraves and stainless steel door furniture, opening to:-
En Suite Shower Room/wc: 10' 11'' x 4' 8'' (3.32m x 1.42m)
low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. His and hers wash hand basins with mixer taps over plus cabinets and shelving below. Large walk in style shower with low level shower tray, glass screen, built in shower unit plus hand held shower attachment and an overhead shower. Tiled flooring and walls, heated towel rail/radiator, two recesses with shelving, coved ceiling, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: 13' 9'' x 11' 7'' (4.19m x 3.53m)
large multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with plantation style shutters, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, radiator, coved ceiling, ceiling light point.
turning staircase ascending to the rooftop garden room, tall obscure glazed window to the side elevation with secondary glazing, radiator, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, ceiling light point. Six panelled doors with moulded architraves and stainless steel door furniture, opening to:-
BEDROOM 3: 14' 5'' x 12' 2'' (4.39m x 3.71m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with plantation style shutters, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, inset ceiling downlights, radiator. Six panelled door with moulded architraves and stainless steel door furniture, opening to:
En Suite Shower Room/wc: 6' 5'' x 4' 6'' (1.95m x 1.37m)
low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Wash hand basin with mixer tap and cupboards below. Large shower cubicle with low level shower tray, built in shower unit and hand held shower attachment plus overhead shower. Tiled flooring and walls, heated towel rail/radiator, raised height opaque window to the rear elevation, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 4: 13' 11'' x 13' 2'' (4.24m x 4.01m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with plantation style shutters, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, radiator, coved ceiling, inset ceiling downlights.
BATHROOM/WC: 7' 3'' x 6' 5'' (2.21m x 1.95m)
P shaped bath with built in shower unit, glass screen and hand held shower attachment plus overhead shower. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Wash hand basin with mixer tap and cupboards below. Tiled flooring and walls, heated towel rail/radiator, coved ceiling, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
GARDEN ROOM: 16' 1'' x 8' 10'' measurements including stairwell (4.90m x 2.69m)
fantastic triple aspect space which combines beautifully with the rooftop garden via double glazed powder coated aluminium bi-folding doors plus additional window to the rear elevation and sloping double glazed glass roof. Wood effect flooring, wall light point and moulded skirtings.
housing wall mounted Vaillant gas fired combination boiler plus hot water cylinder and pressurised tank.
ROOF TOP GARDEN: 27' 1'' x 19' 2'' measurements including garden room (8.25m x 5.84m)
having been created by the present owners to provide a delightful and large outside space which combines artificial grass and composite wooden flooring with all year round furniture plus stripped wood Cedar fencing, external double power socket.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.