Logan Road, Bishopston
PRICE GUIDE RANGE: £1,250,000 - £1,300,000 A wonderful large 5 bedroom, 4 reception room semi-detached Victorian family home situated on a sought after road within just 500 metres of Redland Green School. Offering a superb south-westerly rear garden, an enviable interior and off street parking. Versatile and roomy accommodation throughout with many original features and an abundance of natural light, adding to this property’s overwhelming sense of space. Useful cellar space provide a large utility area and superb storage space. Situated on Logan Road, one of Bishopston’s most sought after addresses, within just 500 metres of Redland Green School and incredibly handy for access to all central areas and the independent shops, restaurants and cafes of Gloucester Road. Ground Floor: vestibule leads through into a reception hallway, beautiful bay fronted sitting room, sociable kitchen/breakfast room with central island and wall opening connecting through to a dining area, which in turn has access to the rear garden and down some steps into a separate snug/garden room. Reception 4/study, ground floor cloakroom/wc and larder storage cupboard. First Floor: landing, 4 bedrooms and a smart family bathroom/wc. Second Floor: landing and an impressive double bedroom with en-suite wet room. Outside: to the front there is off street parking and a pretty front garden. To the rear there is a superb south-westerly facing rear garden with expansive decked terrace enjoying much of the day’s sunshine and views over rooftops of Bishopston and Redland. A sizeable period home in a prime location for families.
- 5 bedrooms
- 4 reception rooms
- Within just 500 metres of Redland Green School
- South westerly rear garden
- Off street parking
via pathway leading beside front garden and off street parking where you will find the main front door to the house.
original tessellated tiled floor and handy door leading straight through into a pathway accessing the rear garden and further part glazed door leading through into the main reception hallway.
RECEPTION HALLWAY: 10' 8'' max x 9' 10'' max inclusive of stairwell (3.25m x 2.99m)
an impressive period staircase rising to first floor landing with a stain glassed window shedding plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell, exposed stripped floorboards, high ceilings with ceiling coving, period style radiator. Door beneath the stairs with a staircase down to the cellar storage areas and further doors radiate off the hallway to the sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, dining room/reception 2 and reception 3/study.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 18' 10'' max into bay x 14' 0'' max into chimney recess (5.74m x 4.26m)
a lovely bay fronted sitting room with wide bay comprising 4 period style sash windows with stained glass panels over, impressive period style cast iron fireplace with marble surround and tiled hearth, exposed stripped floorboards and a period style radiator.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: 15' 5'' x 9' 11'' max into chimney recess (4.70m x 3.02m)
a generous dining space with high ceilings, picture rail, original exposed stripped floorboards, double glazed timber framed door to side accessing the raised decked terrace which in turn leads round to the rear garden, built in cabinet with book shelving and further glazed door leads into a rear lobby, with doors off to a ground floor wc and larder storage cupboard with central steps leading down into a cosy snug/garden room.
SNUG/GARDEN ROOM: 12' 5'' x 6' 7'' (3.78m x 2.01m)
flooded with natural light, this lovely bright space has 2 Velux skylight windows and timber framed double glazed doors with glazed panels either side offering a wonderful outlook over the rear garden and across neighbouring rooftops towards the local allotments and Redland Green School. There is a log burning stove, tiled floor and a radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 15' 6'' x 12' 1'' to front of chimney breast (4.72m x 3.68m)
a wonderful sociable kitchen/breakfast room with wide wall opening connecting through to the dining room providing an overall sociable hub of the house. Modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level grey painted units with marble worktops over and inset sink and drainer unit, 2 Neff ovens, integrated Neff dishwasher and space for free standing fridge/freezer. Large central island unit with overhanging breakfast bar with seating with an inset 6 ring Neff gas hob. Ceiling mounted extractor fan, high ceilings with ceiling coving and inset spotlights, 2 large south-westerly facing double glazed sash windows to rear overlook the rear garden and views over neighbouring rooftops towards Redland Green School and local allotments. The wide wall opening connects through to the dining room.
low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, radiator and small window to side.
RECEPTION 3/STUDY: 11' 4'' x 9' 11'' max into chimney recess (3.45m x 3.02m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, 2 large sash windows to front with stain glassed panels over, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and a chimney recess.
doors off to 4 bedrooms and a family bathroom/wc, radiator and staircase continuing up to the second floor landing.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 15' 8'' x 14' 2'' max into chimney recess & built in wardrobes (4.77m x 4.31m)
a spacious double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, an attractive period style cast iron fireplace with inset tiles and tiled hearth, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and 2 large sash windows to front.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 15' 7'' x 14' 3'' (4.75m x 4.34m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, 2 large sliding sash double glazed windows to rear offering a lovely outlook over rooftops of the surrounding area. There is a pretty period fireplace with inset tiles and tiled hearth, exposed stripped floorboards and a radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (front) 11' 7'' x 10' 0'' (3.53m x 3.05m)
double bedroom with 2 large sash windows to front, high ceilings and a radiator.
BEDROOM 5: 10' 4'' x 7' 5'' (3.15m x 2.26m)
a large double glazed sash window to rear offering a similar outlook as bedroom 2, high ceilings and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 8' 9'' x 6' 5'' (2.66m x 1.95m)
white suite comprising double ended panelled bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment, corner shower enclosure with system fed dual headed shower, wall mounted wash basin, low level wc with concealed cistern, high ceilings, inset spotlights, chrome effect heated towel rail, part stoned tiled walls and tiled floor and a period sash window to the side.
inset spotlights and door accessing bedroom 3.
BEDROOM 3: 19' 2'' max taken below sloped ceilings & to front of wardrobes x 10' 3''/16'10" max (5.84m x 3.12m/5.13m)
a fabulous loft converted double bedroom with a large dormer to rear with double glazed windows offering a fantastic cityscape view, further skylight window, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, built in recessed wardrobes and wall opening leading through into an en-suite wet room/wc.
En Suite Wet Room/wc: 9' 10'' x 7' 10'' (2.99m x 2.39m)
a spacious wet room with low level wc, wall mounted wash basin and system fed shower. Green slate tiled floor and part tiled walls, 2 Velux skylight windows to side, inset spotlights and a chrome effect heated towel rail.
a staircase leads down into two expansive cellar spaces used for utility and storage with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine, dryer and fridge/freezer, with a minimum ceiling height of approx. 6’2”/1.88m. Wall mounted Belfast style sink, brand new water heater (2020). Access out onto the rear garden.
OFF STREET PARKING & FRONT GARDEN:
to the front of the property there is a pretty walled garden with a mature tree and gravelled driveway with pathway beside leading up to the front door of the property.
the rear garden is in 2 sections with a lower level lawned section of garden (approx. 25ft x 25ft) (7.62m x 7.62m) and a fabulous raised decked terrace wrapping round the rear and side of the property, creating a perfect outdoor entertaining space. The garden and terrace both enjoy a south-westerly aspect, stunning elevated views over rooftops of the surrounding area towards Redland and Cotham.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold. for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 25 March 1894. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.