Victoria Square, Clifton
A stunning, 2 double bedroom first floor apartment, circa 970 sq. ft., of superlative quality throughout, set within the end terrace building of this iconic grade II* listed row overlooking tree-lined Victoria Square gardens, having two balconies, high ceilings and an abundance of period features. Clifton enjoys an enviable reputation with an eclectic and diverse range of boutique shops, bars, restaurants and further essential services. The architecture is varied and striking with 400 acres of open space found on the Downs just under a mile away. Having been thoroughly renovated throughout from 2012, together with a liberal use of Farrow & Ball paint. There is a stylish, well-appointed dual aspect Shaker style kitchen with solid wooden worktops, panelled base and eye level units and range cooker. Virtually full height multi-paned windows open onto separate balconies to the front and side elevation. An opulent drawing room enjoys the benefit of two virtually full height multi-paned sash windows to the front elevation overlooking Victoria Square and opening onto a private balcony. There is also a central working fireplace with ornately carved mantelpiece. The apartment has a wealth of period features including fireplace, ornately carved plasterwork and original sash windows (including three which overlook Victoria Square). Accommodation: reception hall, family bathroom, two inner hallways, separate kitchen, drawing room, 2 double bedrooms. Outside: off-street parking on a 'first come, first served' basis with 3 parking spaces for 5 apartments. An immaculate period apartment central to Clifton Village with excellent views.
- Beautifully appointed first floor apartment with two balconies.
- 2 double bedrooms, drawing room opening onto a private balcony.
- Stylish and well appointed kitchen with access to the both balconies.
- Set within the end terrace building of this iconic grade II* listed row.
- Overlooking tree-lined Victoria Square gardens.
- Off-street parking for three cars with five apartments within the building.
- Situated within the Clifton Village Residents Parking scheme.
solid wood panelled front door with arched fanlight, opening to:-
COMMUNAL HALLWAY & STAIRWELL:
a grand entrance, with multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, large storage cupboard with electric meters, central ceiling arch with multi-paned opaque glazed double doors and matching arched fanlight giving access to the turning staircase. Turning staircase ascending to the first floor with private four-panelled front door, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: ((8' 7'' x 6' 7'') (2.61m x 2.01m))
a most welcoming entrance to this spacious apartment, with engineered oak flooring, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, timber panelled wall incorporating coat hooks and picture rail, raised height window to the side elevation, ceiling light point, wall mounted telecom entry control. Wall mounted hive central heating digital thermostat heating control. Panelled doors with panelled reveals and deep moulded architraving opening to inner hallways either side of the reception hall and to:-
FAMILY BATHROOM: ((10' 7'' x 8' 6'') (3.22m x 2.59m))
dual aspect with opaque glazed sash windows to either side. Mosaic tile fronted bath with mixer tap and telephone style shower attachment plus shower screen and wall mounted shower unit with overhead circular shower. Vanity unit with solid wooden worktop, contemporary wash hand basin and mixer tap plus towel rail below and further to this a low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Tiled flooring, inset ceiling downlighters, recessed shelving, radiator, louvered shutters to either side window. Useful Laundry Cupboard with space and plumbing for washer/dryer and slatted shelving above. Airing Cupboard housing wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler.
a continuation of the engineered oak flooring, tall moulded skirtings, high ceilings with partial ornate moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Wide walkway with deep moulded architraving giving access to the kitchen. Four-panelled door with deep moulded architraves leading to:-
DRAWING ROOM: ((18' 10'' x 14' 3'') (5.74m x 4.34m))
magnificent principal reception room having a pair of deep recessed virtually full height multi-paned windows overlooking Victoria Square and opening out onto a private sun trap balcony, there are working shutters. Central working period style fireplace with cast iron grate and surround, slate hearth and white painted ornately carved wooden mantelpiece. High ceiling (12'3/3.73m) with ornate moulded cornicing, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail and picture rail. Engineered oak flooring, Victorian style radiator, two ceiling light points, concealed eye level television point with HDMI connection.
KITCHEN: ((14' 2'' x 8' 0'') (4.31m x 2.44m))
stylish and well-appointed kitchen featuring an array of panelled base and eye level units with a combination of drawers and cabinets. Solid wooden worktop surfaces with panelled splashback and pelmet lighting. Large Belfast style sink with swan neck mixer tap. Integral appliances including range cooker with 5 ring gas hob and extractor hood, slimline dishwasher and tall fridge/freezer. Dual aspect with virtually full height multi-paned sash windows to the front and side elevations enjoying fine elevated views and opening out onto a pair of private balconies (to the front the balcony is shared with the drawing room). Tiled flooring, wall mounted vertical radiator, fitted shelving, picture rail, partial ornate moulded cornicing, two ceiling light points.
SECOND INNER HALLWAY:
tall moulded skirtings, storage cupboard with shelving and main switchboard control, loft access with ideal storage for luggage etc., inset ceiling downlighters. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: ((15' 9'' x 14' 0'') (4.80m x 4.26m))
tall multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation with working shutters, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, two radiators, ceiling light point. We understand there is a fireplace behind the bed which has currently been boarded off for convenience.
BEDROOM 2: ((11' 6'' x 8' 2'') (3.50m x 2.49m))
tall multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation with working shutters, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point.
to the rear of the building which is accessed via Lansdown Road there is a shared parking area for apartments within 1 Victoria Square which operates on a 'first come, first served' basis. There are three parking spaces and five apartments within the building.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 25 March 1973. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £140. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.