Cumberland Road, Harbourside
Enjoying uninterrupted views of the harbourside – an elegant and well-proportioned (circa 1,900 sq.ft.) Bath stone semi-detached Victorian town house with off street parking and rear garden. A rare opportunity to acquire one of only a few houses with such grandstand views of the harbourside. The front overlooks ‘The Cut’ a waterway dividing Southville and Spike Island and thus a bright open aspect to the front as well. A highly coveted location within walking distance of Wapping Wharf/Cargo and a large range of bars, independent restaurants and cafes. Generous accommodation of circa 1,900 sq.ft. with 3 double bedrooms (previously 4 bedrooms) including a stylish en suite/dressing room, 2 reception rooms, kitchen, useful utility/wc and small work shop. Outside: an attractive and low maintenance garden with the most amazing outlook over the harbourside. It is hard to imagine a better location in Bristol for a gin and tonic or barbeque. Off street parking for 2 cars.
- Grandstand views of the harbourside
- Early Victorian semi detached house
- Bath stone facade
- circa 1900 sq.ft.
- 3 double bedrooms
- Large en suite / dressing room
- 2 reception rooms
- Vaulted kitchen
- Off street parking for 2 cars
- Walking distance to Cargo / Wapping Wharf
pathway to the front entrance.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY/PORCH: (8' 6'' x 3' 9'' (2.59m x 1.14m))
tiled floor, door leading into the bike storage (9’7” x 3’3”) (2.92m x 0.99m) and a glazed door leads to the rear garden, partially glazed inner door opens into:-
ENTRANCE HALL: (10' 10'' x 6' 0'' overall inclusive of stairwell (3.30m x 1.83m))
understairs storage cupboard, radiator and meter cupboard, partially glazed doors leading to the sitting room and dining room, stairs rise to first floor.
SITTING ROOM: (16' 10'' into bay window x 14' 9'' into chimney recess (5.13m x 4.49m))
bay window comprising 3 double glazed windows, high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, original ceiling rose, picture rail, marble fireplace and surround with recessed wood burning stove, slate hearth, period style radiator, engineered oak wooden flooring with underfloor insulation. Lobby connects the sitting room and the dining room, picture rail and engineered oak flooring.
DINING ROOM: (15' 3'' into chimney recess x 11' 10'' (4.64m x 3.60m))
lovely room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, continuation of engineered oak flooring with Celotex underfloor insulation and period style radiator, 2 large double glazed hardwood French doors opening out onto the rear garden, recessed fireplace with wood burning stove, slate hearth, wooden surround and mantle, partially glazed door leads into the:-
KITCHEN: (14' 8'' x 8' 1'' (4.47m x 2.46m))
fitted kitchen with a range of quality wall and base units with solid oak doors incorporating Arena stone working surfaces and 1½ bowl Franke sink unit, mixer tap, 5 ring Neff gas hob, extractor hood above, separate high level electric double oven, space for dishwasher, space for tall fridge/freezer, heated towel rail, 2 double glazed skylights, wooden double glazed casement windows to the side elevation, vaulted ceiling, engineered oak floor with electric underfloor heating mat, wooden double glazed door to the side elevation leading out into the rear garden.
UTILITY/WC: (6' 8'' x 6' 0'' (2.03m x 1.83m))
measured as one but described separately as follows:
Belfast style sink, working surfaces, space and plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer, wall mounted combi Worcester Bosch gas boiler, electric underfloor heating mat, wooden double glazed casement window to the side elevation, glazed door to the workshop and glazed door to the wc.
low level wc, wash hand basin and vanity unit.
WORKSHOP: (8' 0'' x 6' 10'' (2.44m x 2.08m))
low level wc, wash hand basin and vanity unit.
LANDING: (11' 3'' x 5' 11'' overall inclusive of stairwell (3.43m x 1.80m))
doors lead off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) 16' 10'' into bay x 15' 1'' into chimney recess (5.13m x 4.59m))
lovely room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing and original ceiling rose, fireplace with marble surround and mantle, slate hearth, picture rail, 3 large double glazed windows to the front elevation overlooking ‘The Cut’, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: ((rear) 15' 10'' into recess x 12' 3'' (4.82m x 3.73m))
lovely room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose, large sash window refurbished by Ventrolla to the rear elevation with grandstand views of the Bristol harbourside, period style radiator, period cast iron fireplace with tiled lapels, slate hearth, partially glazed door leading into storage/built in wardrobe.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (7' 10'' x 3' 7'' measured into shower cubicle (2.39m x 1.09m))
wooden double glazed window to the front elevation, low level wc, wash hand basin and large shower cubicle with mains fed shower, extractor fan, recessed spotlights, heated towel rail.
LANDING: (11' 5'' x 5' 9'' overall inclusive of stairwell (3.48m x 1.75m))
large sash window refurbished by Ventrolla to the side elevation bringing in plenty of natural light, loft hatch access and exposed wooden flooring, partially glazed door leading into bedroom 3.
BEDROOM 3: (16' 0'' into chimney recess x 12' 3'' (4.87m x 3.73m))
used as the main bedroom as it has 2 large sash windows refurbished by Ventrolla to the rear elevation with stunning views of Bristol’s harbourside, exposed wooden floor, cast iron fireplace with stone surround and mantle and slate hearth, open doorway to the dressing area and in turn 2 half doors open into the dressing room.
En Suite/Dressing Room: (14' 10'' x 13' 0'' (4.52m x 3.96m))
measured as one but described separately as follows:-
large double ended free standing bath with mixer tap and hand held shower fitment, wash hand basin with storage beneath, low level wc, large shower cubicle with overhead shower and separate shower fitment, continuation of exposed wooden flooring, heated radiator.
radiator, continuation of wooden flooring, cast iron fireplace with stone surround and mantle and slate hearth, double glazed windows to the front elevation.
FRONT GARDEN: (19' 0'' width x 13' 0'' min measured to front of bay window (5.79m x 3.96m))
block paved hard standing providing off street parking for 2 vehicles.
REAR GARDEN: (max measurements 36' 0'' x 20' 0'' width (10.96m x 6.09m))
stunning uninterrupted views of Bristol’s harbourside. The garden itself is low maintenance being surfaced in block paving and stone with raised bed borders containing a variety of shrub, trees and flowering plants.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the locual authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.