Devonshire Road, Westbury Park
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £800,000 - £825,000
An incredibly spacious 5 bedroom, 2 reception room period home situated on a sought after road in the heart of Westbury Park, within just 300 metres of Westbury Park School and 850 metres of Redland Green School. Further benefiting from a sociable kitchen/breakfast room with balcony leading down onto a rear garden with gated rear access and useful undercroft storage cellars.
Lovely location within a friendly neighbourhood offering the convenience of nearby local independent shops of Coldharbour Road, North View and Henleaze Road, as well as Waitrose supermarket, the Orpheus Cinema and the highly regarded Little French restaurant. Excellent local schools including Westbury Park and Redland Green are nearby, as are the green open spaces of Durdham Downs and Redland Green Park.
Ground Floor: vestibule leads through into an entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room with lovely period fireplace, sash windows and plantation shutters, dining room with access to the rear garden and wall opening through to 21ft x 10ft kitchen/breakfast room, creating a sociable ground floor living space, understairs storage and cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: split landing, wonderful principal bedroom with en suite shower room/wc, 2 further double bedrooms and a large family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 4 and bedroom 5.
Outside: courtyard front garden and 30ft x 16ft rear garden with double gates offering potential for off street parking due to the vehicular width rear access lane and door accessing useful undercroft storage cellars, perfect for bicycle storage etc.
A much loved family home with a fresh and modern interior and many retained period features.
- A spacious 5 bedroom family home on a popular road
- Within 300m of Westbury Pk School and 850m of RGS
- 2 reception room plus a kitchen dining room
- undercroft storage cellars
- 30ft rear garden with handy rear access lane
- Many original period features.
via garden gate and pathway leading to the main front door, into:-
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, an attractive period style stain glassed panel over the front door, dado rail, tiled floor and part glazed door providing natural light through to:
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, staircase rising to first floor landing with understairs cupboard and understairs cloakroom/wc, radiator, built in shelving and meter cupboards and doors leading off to the sitting room, dining room/reception 2 and kitchen/breakfast room.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) 16' 4'' max into bay x 14' 1'' max into chimney recess (4.97m x 4.29m))
a lovely elegant sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and an impressive period cast iron fireplace with inset tiles, marble surround and mantle, wide bay to front comprising 4 period sash windows with attractive original stained glass panels over and built in plantation shutters, open book shelving to chimney recesses with low level cabinets and a radiator.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: (13' 3'' x 10' 8'' max into chimney recess (4.04m x 3.25m))
a good size reception room with high ceilings, feature chimney recess with built in open shelving beside and storage cupboard, tiled flooring, radiator, double glazed double doors accessing the side return, which in turn accesses the rear garden and wall opening providing a sociable connection through to:
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (21' 5'' x 10' 7'' (6.52m x 3.22m))
a good sized family kitchen with a modern range of units comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with granite worktops over and inset 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, integrated appliances including Neff double oven, AEG microwave, integrated dishwasher and washing machine and further appliance space and plumbing for American fridge/freezer. Induction hob with stainless steel chimney hood over, overhanging breakfast bar providing space for seating, high ceilings with original ceiling coving, contemporary upright radiator, further radiator, double glazed windows to side and double glazed double doors accessing a balcony, which in turn has steps leading down to the rear garden.
low level wc, wash hand basin with storage cabinet beneath and mosaic tiled splashbacks, radiator and tiled floor.
a split landing with doors off to bedrooms 1 and 2 at the front and bedroom 3 and family bathroom to the rear, radiator and original staircase continuing up to the second floor landing.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) 18' 3'' max into chimney recess & inc en suite x 16' 4'' max into bay (5.56m x 4.97m))
a generous double bedroom with wide bay to front comprising 4 original sash windows with plantation shutters offering a surprisingly open outlook up Ladysmith Road opposite, built in wardrobes to chimney recesses, contemporary radiator and door accessing:
En Suite Shower/wc: (7' 3'' x 4' 7'' (2.21m x 1.40m))
white suite comprising a walk in shower with wall mounted digital controls, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin set into a counter with storage cupboards beneath and built in mirrored cabinet over, high ceilings with ceiling coving, inset spotlights, part tiled walls, tiled floor, heated towel rail and sash window to front with plantation shutters.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 4'' x 16' 8'' max into chimney recess (4.06m x 5.08m))
a good sized double bedroom with high ceilings, original fireplace with inset tiles and tiled hearth, a sliding double glazed sash style window to rear and a radiator.
BEDROOM 3: ((rear) 10' 10'' x 10' 5'' (3.30m x 3.17m))
a double bedroom with double glazed window to rear overlooking rear and neighbouring gardens and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (10' 3'' x 7' 3'' (3.12m x 2.21m))
a larger than average bathroom with a modern white suite comprising double ended bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc, pedestal wash basin and oversized walk in shower with glass shower screen. Heated towel rail, part tiled walls, tiled floor, 2 double glazed windows to side and inset spotlights.
a Velux skylight window to front providing natural light through landing and stairwell and doors leading off to bedroom 4 and bedroom 5.
BEDROOM 4: (17' 0'' x 8' 4'' taken below sloped ceilings increasing to 16'5" into dormer (5.18m x 2.54m))
a double bedroom with double glazed window to front, further Velux skylight window and a radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (13' 11'' x 9' 8'' max taken below sloped ceilings (4.24m x 2.94m))
a skylight window to rear and a radiator.
small low maintenance courtyard front garden with low level boundary walls and pathway leading to the main front door.
Rear: (approx 30' 0'' x 16' 0'' (9.14m x 4.87m))
a low maintenance rear garden mainly laid to paving with curved edge flower borders with steps leading up to a side return courtyard offering potential for extension (subject to any necessary consents) with a balcony to rear leading off the kitchen. At the bottom of the garden there are double gates providing access out onto a handy vehicular width rear access lane and allowing the garden to double up as off street parking, if required. Door beneath the balcony accessing storage cellars.
there is a storage cellar room beneath the kitchen/breakfast room of approx 21ft/6.40m in depth with a ceiling height circa 6ft/1.83m providing handy storage for bicycles, garden equipment etc. Wall mounted Worcester gas boiler. The cellars extend beneath the rest of the property, but with lower ceiling heights.
VIEEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.