0117 946 6690
- A substantial (3640 sq ft) victorian semi-detached building
- Exciting scope to convert back to a house (subject to any required consents)
- Currently arranged as two maisonettes
- Leafy Redland location
- Good sized rooms throughout
- Lovely rear garden
Sold for the first time since 1984, this imposing large Victorian freehold building is currently informally arranged as 2 maisonettes, yet offers enormous potential for conversion back into a single family residence. Offering versatile accommodation arranged over 4 floors, attractive front and rear gardens and retaining many period architectural features.
Brought by the current owners as one whole house, prior to informally arranging as 2 maisonettes in the 1990's, this wonderful large building invites conversion back to a family home (subject to any necessary consents).
Prime Redland location within a short stroll of the independent shops, restaurants and cafes of Zetland Road/Gloucester Road, also nearby Cotham Gardens Park, Redland train station and within 1 mile of excellent schools including Bristol Grammar and Cotham.
Currently arranged as 2 sizeable 2 floor maisonettes, but if re-configured to a family home could be 5-8 bedrooms plus 3 reception rooms offering ample space and flexibility.
An exciting opportunity to update and re-configure this vast period building to suit one's individual requirements.
via an attractive Victorian boundary wall with garden gate leading through the sunny front courtyard garden up the right hand side of the property where you will find the original front door to the building on the left hand side (current accessing the lower maisonette) with an external staircase beside leads up to the first floor where there is a separate entrance accessing the upper two floors.
RECEPTION HALLWAY: 25' 1'' x 7' 7'' max inclusive of staircase descending to lower ground (7.64m x 2.31m)
an impressive central entrance hallway with high ceilings, picture rail, dado rail, high level period skirting boards, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, fuse box for electrics and staircase descending to the lower ground floor landing. Potential re-instate a staircase through to the first floor tocombine the lower and upper floors. Doors lead off the reception hallway to the sitting room, reception 2, reception 3 and large family sized shower room/wc.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 17' 1'' max into bay x 14' 4'' (5.20m x 4.37m)
an impressive principal reception room with wonderful high ceilings with cornicing, central ceiling rose and picture rail, high level skirting boards, exposed stripped period floor boards and 3 large sash windows to front.
RECEPTION 2: (rear) 17' 3'' max into chimney recess x 15' 0'' (5.25m x 4.57m)
a large reception room with high ceilings, original cornicing and ceiling rose, dado rail, high level skirtings, a feature fireplace with period surround and slate hearth. Radiator and 2 large sash windows to rear.
RECEPTION 3: (front) 12' 4'' x 10' 4'' max into chimney recess (3.76m x 3.15m)
high ceilings with original cornicing and a feature fireplace with wood surround and granite tiled hearth, exposed stripped period floor boards, radiator and cable tv point.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 15' 0'' x 7' 6'' (4.57m x 2.28m)
a large family sized shower room/wc with wet room style walk in shower with central draining point, wall mounted dual heated system fed shower and glass shower screen, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, part tiled walls, tiled floor, 2 contemporary upright radiators/towel rails, underfloor heating and dual aspect windows to rear and side.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
spacious landing with tiled floor with doors off to 3 double bedrooms (or reception rooms depending on one's requirements), bathroom and kitchen/breakfast room. The landing continues round to the rear of the building where there is a part glazed door accessing a large conservatory, which in turn has direct access out to the rear garden.
BEDROOM: (front) 17' 1'' max into bay x 14' 1'' (5.20m x 4.29m)
a generous room with 3 sash windows to feature, a feature period style fireplace with exposed stone walls surrounding, stripped floorboards and a radiator.
BEDROOM: 12' 0'' x 10' 4'' into chimney recess (3.65m x 3.15m)
a double bedroom with sash window to front, feature period style fireplace, exposed stripped floorboards and a radiator.
BEDROOM: (rear) 14' 4'' x 11' 3'' max into chimney recess (4.37m x 3.43m)
a double bedroom with sash window to rear looking out through the conservatory towards the gardens, radiator, period style fireplace and exposed stripped floorboards.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 14' 4'' x 9' 1'' (4.37m x 2.77m)
currently arranged as a kitchen/breakfast room if converting back to one whole house would make an excellent utility room) with a range of built in units comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers, roll edge worktop, inset 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, oven, microwave, hob and extractor fan, wall mounted Worcester gas boiler, tiled floor and dual aspect windows to rear and side.
BATHROOM/WC: 9' 0'' x 7' 0'' (2.74m x 2.13m)
white suite comprising panelled bath, low level wc and pedestal wash basin, part tiled walls, tiled floor and window to side.
CONSERVATORY: 18' 4'' x 11' 1'' (5.58m x 3.38m)
large glazed conservatory with double glazed units on 3 sides, tiled floor and central double doors leading directly out onto the rear garden.
Currently accessed via an external staircase running up the right hand side of the building where there is an independent entrance to the upper floors.
L shaped landing leads through to the central landing of the building where a staircase rises up to the first floor (this is also where the staircase would rise into the first floor from the ground floor if one combined the accommodation). Doors lead off the first floor landing to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, kitchen and family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (currently used as a reception room) 17' 6'' max into bay x 14' 1'' (5.33m x 4.29m)
a large bay fronted room with 3 sash windows to front with built in plantation shutters, high ceilings with original cornicing and picture rail, feature period style fireplace, telephone point and radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 15' 0'' x 12' 5'' max into chimney recess (4.57m x 3.78m)
high ceilings, sash window to rear offering roof top views over neighbouring houses with built in plantation shutters, radiator and period style fireplace.
BEDROOM 3: (front) 12' 5'' x 10' 7'' max into chimney recess (3.78m x 3.22m)
sash window to front with plantation shutters, period style fireplace and a radiator.
KITCHEN: 9' 5'' x 8' 10'' (2.87m x 2.69m)
a basic fitted kitchen with base and eye level units, worktop, sink, oven, hob and extractor fan, integrated dishwasher, fridge and freezer, 2 large sash windows to side, inset spotlights and wall mounted gas boiler.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (rear) 9' 6'' x 8' 6'' (2.89m x 2.59m)
a white suite comprising a roll edged free standing bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc, wash hand basin built into stand with tiled splashbacks, sash window to rear with plantation shutters, exposed stripped floor boards, part tiled floor and walls, chrome effect heating towel rail.
plenty of natural light provided by the roof light window, doors lead off to bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 4: 22' 0'' max into chimney recess x 12' 9'' max below sloped ceilings (6.70m x 3.88m)
a large double bedroom with wide dormer window to rear offering wonderful elevated rooftop views over neighbouring houses towards Bishopston and St Andrews, built in wardrobes, period style cast iron fireplace and a radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (front) 23' 0'' max into chimney recess x 10' 4'' max below sloped ceiling (7.01m x 3.15m)
a double bedroom with dual aspect skylight windows to front and side, period style fireplace and a radiator.
white suite with shower enclosure, low level wc and wash hand basin.
landscaped courtyard front garden mainly laid to paving with raised borders and trees. Pathway leads up to the entrance and gated access to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: approx 50' 0'' inc conservatory x approx 35' 0'' (15.23m x 10.66m)
landscaped rear garden mostly laid to paving and stone chippings with various seating areas, raised borders containing palm trees, grasses and bamboo. Conservatory, garden house/shed and handy gated side access leading through to the front of the property.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with an annual rent charge of £10. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.