Roslyn Road, Redland
A particularly charming and elegant, 4 bedroom, 2 bath/shower room Victorian period terraced town house which retains an abundance of original period features, offering a bright and roomy interior plus a 27ft x 17ft south westerly facing fully enclosed rear garden. Situated just off the ever-popular Chandos Road with its charming mix of independent shops, cafes and restaurants, also within easy reach of Whiteladies Road and Gloucester Road and within just a few hundred yards of Cotham Gardens Park and Redland Train Station. Having an extensive range of original character features including period fireplaces, ornate moulded plasterwork and sash windows to name but a few. Ground Floor: vestibule, entrance hall, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room. First Floor: landing, inner hall, large living room to front (could be used as double bedroom), bedroom 3, shower room/wc. Second Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, family bathroom. An outstanding period residence offering gracious and well-proportioned accommodation, so much to appreciate and favour - location, facilities, atmosphere, character and lots of light and space.
- A particularly charming and elegant Victorian period terraced town house
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
- Abundant original period features
- Bright and roomy interior
- 27ft x 17ft south westerly facing fully enclosed rear garden
low stone front boundary wall with pedestrian pathway and easy maintenance paved garden to one side. Solid wood panelled front door with brass door furniture and part stained glass fanlight, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance, with ceramic tiled flooring, simple moulded cornicing and moulded skirtings. Ceiling light point. Part stained glass wooden door with moulded architraves and fanlight, opening to:-
having an elegant easy rising turning staircase ascending to the first floor with mahogany handrail and understairs storage cupboard. Further understair storage cupboard with wall light point. Central ornate ceiling arch, moulded skirtings, part simple moulded cornicing. A continuation of the ceramic tiled flooring which continues through to the kitchen/breakfast room. Radiator, ceiling light point. Attractive part stained glass wooden door with arched fanlight and brass door furniture opening to the kitchen/breakfast room. Four-panelled door with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (11' 9'' x 11' 8'') (3.58m x 3.55m)
a charming reception room, with two sash windows to the front elevation and central period cast iron fireplace with original stone surround, slate hearth and ornately carved mantel. Recesses to either side of the fireplace and chimney breast, simple moulded cornicing, moulded skirtings, ornate ceiling rose with light point. Radiator, useful storage cupboard with shelving, solid oak flooring.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (15' 9'' x 11' 4'') (4.80m x 3.45m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of panelled cream coloured base and eye level units with a combination of drawers and cabinets. Tiled worktop surfaces with corner stainless steel double sink and mixer tap, tiled splashback with mosaic strip and pelmet lighting. Integral eye level electric double oven, 4 ring gas hob with extractor over. Space and plumbing for washing machine, space for dishwasher, space for tall fridge/freezer. Useful pantry cupboard with shelving, radiator, two ceiling light points. Large multi-paned window which enjoys a south westerly aspect and overlooks the rear garden. Multi-paned wooden door opening externally to the aforementioned fully enclosed rear garden.
staircase continuing to the second floor with balustrade and mahogany handrail. Open walkway with moulded architrave frame giving access to the inner hall. Four-panelled door with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
LIVING ROOM: (15' 11'' x 11' 8'') (4.85m x 3.55m)
a well-proportioned principal reception room (or could be double bedroom if one would prefer 4 bedrooms), with two sash windows to the front elevation, central period style coal effect gas fire with cast iron surround, original stone fireplace surround and slate hearth. Recesses to either side of the fireplace and chimney breast, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, moulded skirtings, Victorian style radiator. Useful recessed area with double cupboard and drawers plus fitted shelving above.
airing cupboard housing hot water cylinder with slatted shelving above. Ceiling light point. Four-panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 3: (11' 5'' x 10' 1'') (3.48m x 3.07m)
large multi-paned sash window enjoying a south westerly aspect and overlooking the rear garden. Central period cast iron fireplace with ornately carved mantelpiece. To one side of the fireplace fitted shelving with cupboards below, recessed storage cupboard, simple moulded cornicing, Victorian style radiator, ceiling light point.
walk in style shower with crittall style shower screen, built in shower unit, overhead circular shower and hand held shower attachment, low level dual flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap. Wood style tiled flooring, bevel edged wall tiling, Victorian style radiator, stained glass windows, ceiling light point.
having a spacious part-galleried landing with natural light provided by a Velux skylight window. Ceiling light point, radiator. Four-panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (16' 0'' x 11' 8'') (4.87m x 3.55m)
having a pair of sash windows to the front elevation with radiator below, ornate cast iron fireplace with mantel, recesses to either side of the fireplace and chimney breast, ceiling light point. Large built-in wardrobe which is shared with the opposing bedroom.
BEDROOM 2: (11' 4'' x 10' 2'') (3.45m x 3.10m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation with radiator below, ornate cast iron fireplace with mantel, recesses to either side of the fireplace and chimney breast, ceiling light point. Large built-in wardrobe shared with bedroom 1.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (11' 0'' x 5' 0'') (3.35m x 1.52m)
four piece suite comprising: low level dual flush wc, 'P' shaped panelled bath with mixer tap, curved shower screen, wall mounted electric shower and handheld shower attachment; wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap. Wall mounted heated mirror with integral lighting, shelving unit, heated towel rail/radiator, ceiling light point, loft access, tiled flooring. Part stained glass obscure glazed window to the rear elevation.
easy maintenance paved front garden with ample space for potted plants.
REAR GARDEN: (27' 0'' x 17' 0'') (8.22m x 5.18m)
level south westerly facing rear garden predominantly paved with horseshoe raised shrub border that features an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. Fully enclosed and enjoying a good amount of privacy from neighbours. Ample space for table and chairs.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.