Berkeley Road, Westbury Park
A charming 4 bedroom, 2 reception room Victorian terraced home situated in a desirable location close to the Downs and within just 300m of Westbury Park School. Further benefitting from double-glazed sash style windows, many original features and a level rear garden. Superb location within a short level stroll of the green open spaces of Durdham Downs, local independent shops and restaurants of North View, Coldharbour Road and Waitrose supermarket. Excellent schools nearby including Westbury Park (within 300m) and Redland Green School (within 900m) and close to bus connections to central Bristol. Ground Floor: entrance vestibule leads through into entrance hallway, bay-fronted sitting room, reception 2/dining room, separate kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and ground floor shower room/wc. First Floor: landing, principal bedroom with built-in wardrobes, bedroom 2, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc. Second Floor: loft converted double bedroom with built-in storage cupboards. Outside: pretty walled front garden and low-maintenance level rear garden with handy pedestrian rear access lane. Engaging and welcoming Victorian period home in a superb location.
- A charming Victorian terraced home
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- situated within 350m of Westbury Park school and within 1km of Redland Green School
- Many original features
- Pretty walled front and rear gardens
- An engaging & welcoming period home in a superb location
via garden gate and Victorian tiled pathway leading beside a level front garden toward the main front door of the property into the:-
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: ((4' 0'' x 3' 3'') (1.22m x 0.99m))
high ceilings with original ceiling coving, a tiled floor with inset floor mat and an attractive period stripped pine part-glazed door leading through into the main entrance hallway.
high ceilings with ceiling coving, picture rail, tiled floor, original staircase rising to first floor landing with understairs storage cupboard and cloaks recess. There is a door off to the sitting room and the hallway widens and opens into the dining room/reception 2, where you will also find a door connecting through to the kitchen/breakfast room.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) (13' 7'' into bay x 13' 0'' into chimney recess) (4.14m x 3.96m))
bright and homely sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail. Attractive fireplace with exposed stone surround, hearth and mantel and recessed brick fireplace with gas coal effect fire. Bay to front comprising double-glazed sliding sash style windows, built-in open shelving and cabinets to chimney recesses, cable tv point, radiator.
DINING ROOM: ((13' 7'' inclusive of hallway area x 11' 5'') (4.14m x 3.48m))
a good sized dining room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail, feature fireplace with built-in book casing and storage cupboards to chimney recesses, radiators and double-glazed French doors providing an access out on to the rear garden. Further door leads through into the kitchen/breakfast room.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: ((15' 7'' x 9' 3'') (4.75m x 2.82m))
a modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with wood-block worktop over and inset sink. There is plumbing and appliance space for a fridge/freezer, range cooker and dishwasher. A breakfast bar provides seating for two. Double-glazed windows to side, high ceilings with inset spotlights, tiled floor, part-tiled walls, radiator, corner cupboard housing Worcester gas boiler and door to rear leading through into the utility room, which in turn has doors off to a ground floor shower room/wc and out to the rear garden.
plumbing for washing machine, double-glazed window to rear, built-in shower room, electric radiator, part double-glazed door to rear garden and further door to shower room/wc.
L-shaped shower room with shower enclosure with system-fed shower, low-level wc, corner wash basin, part-tiled walls, inset spotlight, extractor fan and double-glazed window to the rear.
doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc. Staircase continues up to the second floor landing.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) (16' 6'' into wardrobes/to chimney breast x 11' 5'') (5.03m x 3.48m))
a lovely large double bedroom spanning the width of the house with two sliding double-glazed sash style windows to the front, high ceilings with ceiling coving. An attractive period style fireplace, radiator and floor-to-ceiling bank of wardrobes spanning the length of one side of the room.
BEDROOM 2: ((11' 6'' x 10' 6'' into chimney recess) (3.50m x 3.20m))
double bedroom with high ceilings, sliding double-glazed sash style window to rear, radiator, corner storage cupboard.
BEDROOM 4: ((9' 3'' x 8' 5'' into chimney recess) (2.82m x 2.56m))
high ceilings, a sliding double-glazed sash style window to rear, a pretty period fireplace, built-in shelving to chimney recess, radiator.
white suite comprising a shower/bath with system-fed shower over and glass shower screen, low-level wc, wash hand basin built into gloss grey counter with storage cabinets beneath, double glazed window to side, wall mounted mirror with lighting, inset spotlights, shelving and chrome effect heated towel rail.
double-glazed windows to side providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell, doors off to:-
BEDROOM 3: ((19' 9'' max below sloped ceilings x 12' 3'' into recess) (6.02m x 3.73m))
a loft converted double bedroom with three large Velux skylight windows and further double-glazed windows to side. Low level doors access eaves storage space. Further recessed storage cupboards and radiator.
small level front garden, flower borders containing various shrubs, attractive period low-level boundary walls.
REAR GARDEN: ((16' 0'' x 13' 0'' plus 24'0 x 6'6) (4.87m x 3.96m plus 7.32m x 1.98m))
an L-shaped low level maintenance rear garden mainly laid to paving with raised flower borders containing various plants and trees. There is a built-in bicycle store and shed, outside tap and gated access to a pedestrian rear access lane.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.