0117 946 6690
- An exquisite and enticing period character home
- 4 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms
- 2,175 sq ft of accommodation mostly over two floors
- Sympathetically renovated to exacting standards over the last 5 years
- A wonderful blend of period charm and contemporary styling
- Stunning roof top garden
One of the first three buildings in Redland, dating from 1670, an exquisite and enticing 4 bedroom, 3 reception room period character home offering a surprising amount of accommodation (2,175 sq. ft.), mostly arranged over two floors, a stunning roof top garden and the rare advantage of a garage/workshop.
Sympathetically renovated to exacting standards by the current owners over the last 5 years, this special and engaging 'one off' Redland home dates back to the 17th century and has a wonderful blend of period charm and contemporary styling.
Highly convenient location, situated in the hearth of Redland just yards from Redland Green park and school, whilst within a short level stroll of the shops, cafes, restaurants and weekly farmers market of Blackboy Hill/Whiteladies Road. The highly regarded Shakespeare 'gastro pub' is just 150 metres away and the property is perfectly positioned to explore much of central Bristol.
The property has ample built in storage throughout and greater emphasis on living/entertaining spaces than many other houses.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule with storage cupboard leads through into a central welcoming entrance hallway with stairs rising to first floor landing, breath taking kitchen/dining room with adjoining large (12ft x 6ft) utility room, separate dining room leads through to an inner hallway where there is a guest double bedroom, shower room/wc and access through to the integral garage/workshop.
First Floor: wonderful light filled landing with bookcase and skylight window, principal double bedroom with exposed roof beams, gorgeous sitting room with gas stove and an abundance of natural light, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, ample storage cupboards and access to the second floor.
Second Floor: landing and loft sitting room offering flexibility to be used as a summer sitting room or spare bedroom with built in units with integrated drinks fridge, dishwasher and sink and door accessing adjoining cloakroom/wc. Timber bi-folding doors stretch open to access the incredible roof top garden (16ft x 14ft).
A rather special period home of immense quality.
via central arched main front door into the entrance vestibule, which in turn has a door through to the central hallway and adjoining storage cupboard.
CENTRAL ENTRANCE HALLWAY:
a welcoming central entrance with staircase rising to first floor landing, part glazed double doors lead through into the dining room/reception 2 and further doors accesses the kitchen/breakfast room.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (16' 6'' x 11' 9'') (5.03m x 3.58m)
a beautifully appointed kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with white granite worktops over and inset Belfast style sink with mixer taps, integrated Neff combi microwave/oven, further appliance space for range cooker and American style fridge/freezer, integrated dishwasher, stone tiled flooring with underfloor heating, 2 sash windows to front with plantation shutters, built in bench seating and ample space for dining table and chairs, further storage cupboards, contemporary upright radiator and door accessing a useful adjoining utility room.
UTILITY ROOM: (12' 9'' x 6' 11'') (3.88m x 2.11m)
a range of base and eye level units with rolled edge laminated worktops over and inset 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, appliance space for washing machine, dryer and freezer, floor to ceiling bank of built in storage cupboards, contemporary upright radiator and built in hanging rails.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: (12' 8'' to front of built-in cupboards x 12' 0'') (3.86m x 3.65m)
a light and airy reception room with large windows to front with built in plantation shutters, oak flooring, radiator, corner cupboard housing fuse box for electrics and two sets of double doors accessing generous recessed storage cupboards with built in shelving. Door leads off dining room/reception 2 to the inner hallway
INNER HALLWAY: (12' 3'' x 2' 10'') (3.73m x 0.86m)
doors off to bedroom 2/guest room, ground floor shower room/wc, cloaks cupboard and integral garage/workshop.
BEDROOM 2/GUEST ROOM: (11' 10'' x 7' 10'') (3.60m x 2.39m)
double bedroom with built in wardrobes, sash window to front with plantation shutters and a contemporary upright radiator.
a bright and modern shower room with a white suite comprising shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, wash hand basin set into a counter with storage cabinet beneath, inset spotlights, chrome effect heated towel rail and extractor fan.
LANDING: (25' 3'' x 6' 0'' inclusive of staircase) (7.69m x 1.83m)
a spacious wide landing with plenty of natural light provided by the glazed roof light panel with built in book casing and storage, staircase continuing up to the second floor landing, contemporary upright radiator, feature arched recess and doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 3, bedroom,, first floor sitting room and bathroom/wc.
SITTING ROOM: (approx. 18' 8'' x 14' 7'') (5.69m x 4.44m)
spectacular loft style sitting room with exposed feature roof beams, an abundance of natural light provided by the dual aspect windows to front and side and 2 large Velux syklight windows set into the roof, feature gas stove, oak flooring, exposed section of period stone wall, 2 period style radiators, corner tv cabinet and all recesses with wiring for surround sound speakers.
BEDROOM 1: (16' 9'' x 11' 8'') (5.10m x 3.55m)
an impressive principal double bedroom with exposed roof beams, Velux skylight window with remote control blackout blind, further window to side with built in plantation shutters, low level wood panelling, period style radiators, feature arched recess and high level porthole period stained glass windows.
BATHROOM/WC: (11' 7'' max into shower enclosure x 6' 7'') (3.53m x 2.01m)
white suite comprising an oversized shower enclosure with system fed shower, free standing double ended bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc with concealed cistern and push button flush, bowl style sink set into a period style sideboard with shelf and drawers, ships deck style flooring, period style radiator, obscure glazed window to side with built in plantation shutters, dual fuel radiator/heated towel rail and door accessing recessed cupboard with built in storage and shaver point.
BEDROOM 3: (9' 3'' x 8' 10'') (2.82m x 2.69m)
a double bedroom with windows to front and contemporary upright radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (9' 3'' x 7' 4'') (2.82m x 2.23m)
a pretty room currently used as a workspace from home with French doors and Juliette balcony, recessed wardrobes and contemporary upright radiator.
a staircase rises from the first floor to the second floor landing, windows to front providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell and part glazed door accessing the loft sitting room.
LOFT SITTING ROOM: (16' 6'' max x 11' 9'') (5.03m x 3.58m)
a wonderful loft sitting room which has exposed roof beams, dual aspect windows to front and side, 4 folding doors providing a seamless access out onto the roof garden, a kitchenette with a built in range of base and eye level units where there is an integrated slimline dishwasher, drinks fridge, sink unit and various storage cupboards and drawers, built in window seat with radiator and storage beneath and further door accessing the top floor wc.
low level wc with concealed cistern and push button flush, corner wash hand basin with tiled splashbacks and obscure glazed window to side.
ROOF GARDEN: (16' 6'' x 13' 10'') (5.03m x 4.21m)
an amazing level roof top garden enjoying all of the day's sunshine with built in planters surrounding with lighting and water system. The terrace is laid to astro turf for ease of maintenance and useful built in corner garden store.
INTEGRAL GARAGE/WORKSHOP: (14' 11'' x 14' 5'' max/10'6 min) (4.54m x 4.39m)
a wide single garage accessed off Luccombe Hill and currently used as a workshop/store with power and light, obscured glazed window to side providing natural light and door linking back into the property.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.