0117 946 6690
- To be sold for only the second time in 50 years.
- An imposing mid-Victorian Gothic style detached family residence.
- 4 double bedroom (plus 3 loft double bedrooms) accommodation of circa 3,850 sq.ft.
- Bath stone facade with double height bay and tall sash windows.
- 26ft reception hall with tessellated tiled flooring and wide staircase
- Three reception rooms on the ground floor with kitchen/breakfast room and orangery.
- Nearby to a number of highly regarding state and private schools.
- Established front and rear gardens.
- Constructed circa 1874 and reputed to have been the builder's house.
- To be sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,250,000 - £1,400,000
An imposing and sizeable (circa 3,850 sq.ft.) 7 bedroom, 3 reception room mid-Victorian Gothic style detached family residence, having lovely front and rear gardens, grand reception hall and spacious kitchen/breakfast room, in a prime location near Cotham Gardens Primary School, Cotham School and Cotham Gardens Park.
A beautiful family home full of warmth, light and space which in combination with the property's intrinsic character and period features creates a wonderful civilised atmosphere.
Prime location: Cotham School, Cotham Gardens Primary, St Peter & Paul RC Primary School and Cotham Gardens Park are all within approx. 0.25 miles and Bristol Grammar School is only a little further afield. Enjoys a very central and convenient position handy for:- main hospitals complex, university and Park Street environs, city centre and harbourside areas, BBC and Whiteladies Road, the wide open spaces of the Downs and the contrasting attractions of Gloucester Roads urban vibe. Indeed these and so many of the exceptional facilities and attractions Bristol offers are all within easy reach, many happily accessed on foot.
Ground Floor: open-fronted porch, 26ft reception hall, 21ft drawing room, 16ft living room, 17ft kitchen/breakfast room with twin double doors out onto veranda, study, inner hall, shower room, pantry.
First Floor: part galleried landing, 4 double bedrooms, family bathroom/wc, shower room/wc.
Second Floor: landing, 3 further bedrooms (seven in total), useful loft space with obvious scope subject to first obtaining the necessary consents.
Outside: landscaped front garden, established rear garden (45ft x 45ft) with patio, section of lawn and fruit trees.
To be sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
from the pavement follow sweeping pathway through the front garden to the left hand side of the property to an impressive Bathstone open-fronted porch. Solid six panelled wooden front door with fanlight, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALLWAY: 26' 3'' x 8' 8'' (7.99m x 2.64m)
a most impressive and spacious reception hall having a wide and easy rising elegant staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Tessellated tiled flooring, tall moulded skirtings and ornate moulded cornicing. Virtually full height multi-paned sash window to the side elevation. Two radiators and ceiling light point. Inner hallway giving access to the pantry and kitchen/breakfast room. Six panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
STUDY: 16' 8'' x 9' 11'' (5.08m x 3.02m)
tall multi-paned double glazed sash window to the front elevation, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point.
DRAWING ROOM: 21' 9'' x 14' 7'' max into bay window (6.62m x 4.44m)
a gracious principal reception room having full width bay window to the front elevation comprising three tall multi-paned double glazed sash windows. Central period fireplace with open fire, slate hearth and surround plus ornately carved wooden mantle piece. Exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing and ornate ceiling rose. Radiator and ceiling light point.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 8' 9'' x 5' 8'' (2.66m x 1.73m)
walk in style shower with wall mounted electric shower unit and hand held shower attachment, low level flush wc, wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, tiled flooring, multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, additional raised height double glazed window, internal raised height multi-paned window, heated towel rail/radiator, ceiling light point.
LIVING ROOM: 16' 5'' x 14' 6'' (5.00m x 4.42m)
box bay window to the side elevation comprising five tall sash windows, part glazed double doors with fanlight opening to the orangery with views of the rear garden, chimney breast with recesses to either side, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 17' 8'' x 12' 9'' (5.38m x 3.88m)
dual aspect with double glazed window to the side elevation and two sets of triple glazed casement double doors with overlights overlooking and opening externally to the covered patio and rear garden. Bespoke Shaker style kitchen comprising cupboards and drawers plus original Welsh dresser. Solid wooden worktop surfaces, double sink with draining boards to side and swan neck mixer tap over. Chimney breast with recess having gas fired Aga with wooden lintel above. Integral Miele dishwasher, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for tall fridge/freezer and space for tall freezer. Solid oak flooring, tall moulded skirtings, wall light point and three ceiling light points, extractor fan. Six panelled door with moulded architraves returning to the inner hall.
solid oak flooring, moulded skirtings, wall light point. Useful and large understair storage cupboard. Six panelled door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
PANTRY: 5' 6'' x 3' 0'' (1.68m x 0.91m)
sash window to the side elevation, ample fitted shelving, wall mounted consumer unit, wall light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING: 26' 0'' x 8' 8'' (7.92m x 2.64m)
part galleried over the stairwell with handrail and ornately carved spindles, fitted book shelving, multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Useful understair storage cupboard. Six panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: 21' 10'' x 14' 6'' (6.65m x 4.42m)
full width bay window to the front elevation comprising three multi-paned sash windows with views across Redland, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, two wall light points, ceiling light point, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: 16' 9'' x 10' 2'' (5.10m x 3.10m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with views, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: 16' 4'' x 12' 10'' (4.97m x 3.91m)
sash window to the side elevation, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point, chimney breast with recesses to either side (one with built in wardrobes).
BEDROOM 4: 13' 9'' x 10' 11'' (4.19m x 3.32m)
sash window to the rear elevation with radiator below, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 6' 6'' x 5' 5'' (1.98m x 1.65m)
low level dual flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap, retrium style shower with built in shower unit and overhead circular shower, multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, cupboard doors with wall mounted Worcester Bosch condensing boiler plus hot water cylinder and pressurised tank.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 12' 10'' x 7' 9'' (3.91m x 2.36m)
roll top bath with wall mounted mixer and hand held shower attachment, low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap and pull out drawer below, bidet, tiled flooring, sash window to the rear elevation, two heated towel rails/radiators, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
Stairs from the landing ascend to:
skylight window, ceiling light point. Four panelled doors, opening to:-
BEDROOM 5: 14' 0'' x 12' 5'' (4.26m x 3.78m)
dormer style arched window to the side elevation with complementary window seat, high sloping ceiling with exposed beams, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 6: 15' 7'' x 8' 10'' (4.75m x 2.69m)
dormer style window to the side elevation, Velux window, radiator, wall light point, storage cupboard. Door to large loft storage with obvious potential (subject to obtaining the necessary planning and building consents).
BEDROOM 7: 11' 6'' x 10' 11'' (3.50m x 3.32m)
dormer style window to the rear elevation, built in wardrobes, drawers and cupboards, radiator, ceiling light point.
ORANGERY: 14' 8'' x 9' 9'' (4.47m x 2.97m)
high sloping glass roof and windows on three sides plus part glazed double doors opening to the covered patio. Tiled flooring and wall light point.
dwarf stone wall along the front boundary with sweeping pathway ascending through a well-stocked garden and giving access to the front entrance via an open-fronted porch.
REAR GARDEN: 45' 0'' x 45' 0'' (13.71m x 13.71m)
immediately to the rear of the kitchen/breakfast room and accessed by two sets of double doors there is a patio with glass veranda and generous space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbequing etc. The remainder of the garden is predominantly laid to lawn with established borders and fruit trees. Pedestrian side access to the front of the property and pedestrian gate opening onto Cotham Lawn Road.
N.B. The vendors will be moving into a newly constructed house to one side of the property and it is their intention to plant an English hedgerow between the two houses.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.