0117 946 6690
- An elegant and impressive Victorian period family town house
- Circa 3,600 sq. ft of accommodation over four floors
- 5 bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- 3 bath/shower rooms
- 19ft kitchen/breakfast room
- Driveway parking
- Well stock rear garden with sitting out area
- Integral garage
PRICE GUIDE RANGE: £1,100,000 - £1,200,000
An elegant and impressive large 5 bedroom, 2 reception room Victorian period family townhouse (circa 3,600 sq. ft.) with a well-stocked rear garden, single garage and off-street parking. Generous and flexible accommodation over four floors including fine principal rooms with high ceilings and period features. In a prime location between Whiteladies and Pembroke Road, handy for Clifton College, Clifton Village and the Downs.
Has a leisured atmosphere and flexible living space including handsome generously proportioned principal rooms with high ceilings and fine period features.
Set well back behind a long driveway and wisteria flanked pathway, to the rear it has a charming rear town garden with westerly side aspects, accessible large integral garage with driveway parking to front.
Superb location near to Clifton College and so convenient for Whiteladies Road, Clifton Village and the Downs, with easy access to the city centre, business, shopping and commercial districts, the waterfront area, Bristol University and Park Street environs, main hospitals and a good selection of state and independent schools including Bristol Grammar and Clifton High.
Hall Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, drawing room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room.
Lower Ground Floor: hall, workshop/utility, store room, separate wc, large integral garage.
First Floor: split level landing, 3 double bedrooms (one with en-suite), family bathroom/wc, separate wc.
Second Floor: landing, 2 further bedrooms (5 in total), second bathroom/wc.
Outside: driveway parking, well-stocked rear garden with sitting out area.
A fine period residence to be sold for the first time in more than 45 years, with lots to offer in a much favoured location - ideal for city business professionals and families.
a wisteria lined pathway gently ascends to the front entrance. Solid wood panelled front door with fanlight and brass door furniture, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance with wooden flooring, tall moulded skirtings and ornate moulded cornicing. Part obscure glazed double doors with side panel and overlights, opening to:-
having an elegant and wide easy rising turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Wooden flooring, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, radiator. Door with steps down to the lower ground floor. Panelled doors with deep moulded architraves, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (19' 2'' x 15' 4'') (5.84m x 4.67m)
a gracious principal reception room having tall bay window to the front elevation comprising three sash windows with working shutters. Central period fireplace with coal effect gas fire. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast (both with fitted cupboards), tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, decorative arch, two concealed radiators.
DINING ROOM: (18' 10'' x 14' 11'') (5.74m x 4.54m)
having a pair of tall multi-paned sash windows overlooking the rear garden with working shutters. Period fireplace with recesses to either side, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, decorative arch, two radiators, serving hatch through to the kitchen.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (19' 2'' x 8' 6'') (5.84m x 2.59m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets, roll edged worktop surfaces, splashback tiling, stainless steel sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over, space for gas/electric oven, integral fridge and slimline dishwasher, pull out extractor hood, pelmet lighting, ceiling light point. Casement windows to the rear elevation and multi-paned double doors opening externally to the rear.
SPLIT LEVEL LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell and with two circular light wells, ornate moulded cornicing, moulded skirtings, radiator. Turning staircase ascending to the second floor. Panelled doors with deep moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (16' 0'' x 5' 7'') (4.87m x 1.70m)
having three tall sash windows to the front elevation enjoying a pleasant street scene, chimney breast with recesses to either side, wash hand basin with double cupboard beneath, double opening built-in wardrobe, simple moulded cornicing, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (16' 8'' x 15' 5'') (5.08m x 4.70m)
tall multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, moulded skirtings, chimney breast with recesses to either side, simple moulded cornicing, built-in wardrobe, ceiling light point. Door to:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC:
double width shower cubicle with wall mounted electric shower and handheld shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin, low level dual flush wc, moulded skirtings, heated towel rail/radiator, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 3: (16' 0'' x 8' 11'') (4.87m x 2.72m)
tall sash window to the front elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side, simple moulded cornicing.
panelled bath with mixer tap and telephone style shower attachment, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, obscure multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, tiled effect flooring, heated towel rail/radiator.
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, obscure multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, tiled effect flooring, ceiling light point.
part galleried over the stairwell, two multi-paned casement windows to the side elevation, radiator, loft access.
BEDROOM 4: (16' 2'' x 15' 2'') (4.92m x 4.62m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side, pedestal wash hand basin, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (16' 9'' x 8' 8'') (5.10m x 2.64m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, fitted workstation and shelving, wash hand basin with double opening cupboard below, fitted wardrobes.
panelled bath with hot and cold water taps, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, part obscured multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, heated towel rail/radiator, coved ceiling.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
understairs storage cupboard, light and power connected. Part obscure multi-paned door with matching overlight opening externally to the rear garden. Doors to:-
housing the main switchboard control, gas meter and control panel for the solar panelling. Door opening externally to the side elevation.
WORKSHOP/UTILITY: (18' 6'' x 15' 2'') (5.63m x 4.62m)
multi-paned sash window looking out to the rear garden with window seat, stainless steel sink with draining board to side and double opening cupboard below, space and plumbing for washing machine, wall mounted Vaillant gas fired boiler, concealed hot water cylinder, radiator, useful store cupboard. Door to:-
INTEGRAL GARAGE: (23' 6'' x 15' 1'') (7.16m x 4.59m)
part multi-paned double vehicular wooden doors to the front elevation, ceiling light point.
low level wc, raised height window to the rear elevation.
vehicular gate, driveway gently descending to the integral garage offers tandem off-street parking for two cars.
gate pillars with wrought iron pedestrian gate opening onto a wide pedestrian pathway which gently ascends to the front entrance and is flanked by mature wisteria on either side.
accessed from the hall floor level via steps and also accessed via the lower ground floor with steps up. The garden has been lovingly nurtured during our clients' stewardship and exhibits a plethora of colour via flowering plants and mature shrubs. The majority of the garden is principally laid to lawn and enclosed on three sides by stone walling. The garden enjoys a sunny south-westerly facing side aspect.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.