0117 946 6690
- Beautifully appointed 4/5 bedroom semi-detached Victorian family house.
- Offering versatile accommodation with the option to accommodate two families.
- 3 bath/shower rooms.
- Open-plan kitchen/breakfast/living room (20ft x 17ft) opening onto sun deck.
- Gated brick paviored driveway parking for two cars.
- Sunny 45ft walled rear garden with two sitting out areas.
- Wooden double glazed sash windows (some with working shutters).
- Recently installed kitchen and family bath/shower room.
- Located on a tree-lined road close to Cotham Hill and Whiteladies Road.
- The ground floor is currently utilised by a dependent relative (having separate entrance) but could also provide a generous home office.
An elegant, well-proportioned and stylishly presented, 4/5 bedroom, 3 bath/shower room, semi-detached Victorian period family house situated on a much sought after tree-lined road with off-street parking for two cars and a sunny 45ft fully enclosed rear garden, conveniently located close to the many amenities of Cotham Hill and Whiteladies Road.
Coveted location - a popular road in a friendly neighbourhood within 0.25 miles of Whiteladies Road, handy for the Downs, Redland Green Park nearby and with easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, lively Gloucester Road, Bristol University, numerous private and state schools, main hospitals, BBC plus local parks at Redland Green and Cotham Gardens. Redland and Clifton Down local train stations nearby.
Lovely atmosphere with many period features including period fireplaces, ornate ceiling plasterwork, wooden double glazed sash windows etc., sunny 45ft fully enclosed rear garden.
Our clients have considerably enhanced the property during their ownership having re-decorated, installed a new bathroom and kitchen, new central heating boiler and radiators plus two Chesney woodburning stoves.
Raised Hall Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, bay fronted drawing room, open-plan kitchen and dining room.
Hall Floor: hallway, sitting room/bedroom 5, bedroom 4, pantry, shower room, utility room/second kitchen.
First Floor: part galleried landing, principal bedroom with en suite shower room, two further bedrooms (4/5 in total), family bath/shower room.
Outside: gated off-street parking for two cars, sun deck, enclosed 45ft rear garden with well stocked borders and two sitting out areas.
An outstanding period residence offering gracious and versatile accommodation with so much to appreciate and savour - location, facilities, atmosphere, character and lots of light and space.
To be sold with no onward chain so a prompt move is therefore possible.
RAISED HALL FLOOR
via a brick paviored driveway, steps ascend to the right hand side of the property where you will find the main front door with wall mounted lantern light to one side. Solid wood panelled front door with obscure glazed fanlight, opening to:-
having tiled flooring, tall moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Part obscure multi-paned wooden door with moulded architraves opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (19' 6'' x 6' 5'' max including stairwell) (5.94m x 1.95m)
a most welcoming and spacious introduction, with gracious easy rising turning staircase ascending to the part galleried first floor landing with mahogany handrail and ornately carved spindles. 10ft ceiling height with ornate moulded cornicing and ceiling rose. Tall moulded skirtings, original opaque stained glass window to the side elevation, ceiling light point, wall light point, two Victorian style radiators. Cloakroom Cupboard with space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer. Turning staircase descending to the hall floor. Four-panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (17' 7'' x 15' 8'' max into bay) (5.36m x 4.77m)
a particularly elegant principal reception room, with wide virtually full height bay window to the front elevation comprising three sash windows with working shutters. Central period fireplace with ornately carved stone mantelpiece, slate hearth and inset Chesney woodburning stove. Recesses to either side of the fireplace, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ceiling rose with light point, tall decorative arched recess, oak flooring, Victorian style radiator.
OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN/BREAKFAST/LIVING ROOM: (20' 1'' x 17' 3'') (6.12m x 5.25m)
a well-proportioned and particularly light room, with two sash windows overlooking the raised timber decked sun deck and rear garden as well as French doors with fanlight opening onto the aforementioned sun deck area with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Loosely divided as follows:-
a stylish sleek gloss, handle-less and soft closing kitchen comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level units with a combination of drawers and cabinets. Solid wooden worktop surfaces with inset ceramic sink with swan neck mixer tap over. Glass splashbacks, integral dishwasher, integral Smeg range cooker with matching extractor hood, space for American style fridge/freezer, oak flooring, island unit.
with ample space for table and chairs to fit up to 10 people, oak flooring, ornate moulded cornicing, picture rail, inset ceiling downlighters, three ceiling light points over the island, tall moulded skirtings. Period fireplace with stone mantelpiece and slate hearth with inset Chesney woodburning stove. Recesses to either side of the fireplace, Victorian style radiator.
From the reception hall a turning staircase descends to the hall floor which can be separated from the remainder of the house by a panelled wooden door with brass door furniture.
upvc double glazed window to the side elevation, large understairs storage cupboard, Victorian style radiator, moulded skirtings, two ceiling light points. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves opening to:-
SITTING ROOM/BEDROOM 5: (16' 9'' x 14' 6'' max into bay) (5.10m x 4.42m)
having a bay window to the front elevation which comprises three sash windows with working shutters. Oak flooring, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling rose with light point, Victorian style radiator. Central period fireplace with coal effect gas fire, cast iron surround, slate hearth and an ornately carved stone mantelpiece.
BEDROOM 4: (16' 5'' x 11' 9'') (5.00m x 3.58m)
large multi-paned sash window overlooking the rear garden, ceiling rose with light point, Victorian style radiator. Recess into chimney breast with wide recesses to either side.
PANTRY: (8' 8'' x 4' 9'') (2.64m x 1.45m)
tiled flooring, space for tall fridge/freezer, radiator, ceiling light point.
comprising: porcelanosa sanitary ware with low level dual flush wc and pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap. Shower cubicle with glass door, low level shower tray and built-in shower unit with wall mounted hand held shower attachment. Tall contemporary style heated towel rail/radiator, fitted double mirrored cupboard, inset ceiling downlights, tiled flooring and walls, extractor fan.
UTILITY ROOM/SECOND KITCHEN: (10' 2'' x 7' 5'') (3.10m x 2.26m)
having a solid wooden worktop surface with inset stainless steel sink, draining board to side and mixer tap over. Electric oven with 4 ring gas hob, washing machine. Double cupboard below the sink. Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler, radiator, two ceiling light points, extractor fan, raised height window to the rear elevation and additional obscure glazed window to the side elevation.
PART GALLERIED LANDING: (12' 4'' x 10' 4'' max including stairwell) (3.76m x 3.15m)
enjoying natural light via a skylight window, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling rose with light point, radiator, moulded skirtings. Large storage cupboard with ample hanging rail and shelving space. Four-panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (16' 0'' x 12' 10'') (4.87m x 3.91m)
having two sash windows which overlook the rear garden, simple moulded cornicing, moulded skirtings, ceiling rose with light point, radiator. Multi-paned wooden door, opening to:-
En Suite Shower Room/WC: (12' 10'' x 4' 2'') (3.91m x 1.27m)
comprising: porcelanosa sanitary ware with low level dual flush wc and wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap. Double width shower cubicle with sliding glass door and side panel with low level shower tray and built-in shower unit with wall mounted hand held shower attachment. Heated towel rail/radiator, porcelanosa tiled flooring and walls, radiator, ceiling light point, fitted mirrors.
BEDROOM 2: (17' 6'' x 15' 1'' max into bay) (5.33m x 4.59m)
enjoying the benefit of a bay window to the front elevation with elevated views over this tree lined road and does comprise three sash windows. Simple moulded cornicing, ceiling rose with light point, moulded skirtings, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (12' 7'' x 7' 7'') (3.83m x 2.31m)
sash window to the front elevation, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling rose with light point, moulded skirtings.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: (10' 0'' x 7' 0'') (3.05m x 2.13m)
comprising low level dual flush wc and pedestal wash hand basin with swan neck mixer tap. Modern freestanding bath with mixer tap over. Corner shower cubicle with glass door, low level shower tray and built-in shower unit with wall mounted hand held shower attachment together with an overhead shower. Tiled walls and flooring, opaque sash window to the side elevation, simple moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan, fitted bevel edged mirrors, heated towel rail/radiator.
OFF STREET PARKING:
in front of the property is a brick paviored driveway with space for two vehicles side by side. Pedestrian pathway with gated access to the rear garden. Low stone wall to one side and a deep shrub border to the other.
REAR GARDEN: (45' 0'' x 25' 0'') (13.71m x 7.61m)
to the rear of the property is a raised height timber decked sun deck which is accessed from the kitchen and dining room with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Steps down from here to the remainder of the garden which is predominantly level, laid to lawn and fully enclosed by stone walling. Deep shrub borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. Internal access to the lower ground floor via the utility room.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.