St. Oswalds Road, Redland
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £895,000 - £950,000
Located on an immensely popular treelined road in Redland, backing directly onto and affording lovely views of Redland Green Park. A well maintained 4-bedroom, 2 reception room, two storey semi-detached family home with kitchen/breakfast room, off-street parking, single garage and mature 70ft rear garden.
Enjoying a wonderful leafy location on an exceptionally quiet road within 500 metres of Redland Green Secondary School and Westbury Park Primary School. Just 25 metres up the road a pathway gives access to the park which provides a lovely green open space including children's play park. On the fringe of Redland Green Park is Redland Tennis/ Squash Club and a separate Bowling Club. Nearby shops on Coldharbour Road as well as a Waitrose nearby together with the Orpheus Cinema and a whole host of restaurants and coffee shops.
The house has been in the same ownership for more than 60 years and whilst lovingly maintained, it offers glorious potential to extend and re-design to one's own preferences, subject to first obtaining the necessary consents. In recent years, houses along this side St Oswald's Road have undergone significant investment and improvement partly due its unique location overlooking Redland Green Park. The house is now being sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
Entranced to the side, there is a hall with stairs ascending to the first-floor landing. At the front of the house there is a sitting room with virtually full width bay window. At the rear, an extended living room with wall mounted gas fire and full width UPVC double glazed sliding door with provide a beautiful view and open out onto a rear patio. The kitchen/breakfast room is modern with sleek gloss handle less and soft closing base and eye level units, granite effect worktops and integral Neff appliances including gas hob, extractor hood, electric oven, microwave / oven and dishwasher. Also, on the ground floor there is a separate WC.
On the first floor, via a part galleried landing there are four bedrooms and a family bath/shower room. The loft has been partially converted and has a Velux window but offers exciting scope for a loft conversion (subject to consents) from which remarkable views would be enjoyed. The back two bedrooms also overlook the garden towards the park. Externally, there is off-street parking to the front for one car and a single garage. The rear garden is 70ft in length with the first half being level and the latter half tiered. Enclosed by timber fencing with section of lawn, greenhouse, garden shed and well-stocked borders featuring an array of mature plants and shrubs. The rear garden is accessible from the front via a side pathway. The front garden has also been carefully planted with rose garden which exhibit a plethora of colour in the summer months.
Opportunities like this are seldom available especially in this location, and whilst in the fullness of time one might decide to re-imagine the house, it is not a necessity having been well looked after for many years.
- A well maintained two storey semi-detached family home
- 4 bedrooms (two of which overlook Redland Green park)
- Bay fronted sitting room
- Living room with access out onto rear patio
- Modern kitchen/breakfast room
- Partially converted loft space
- Off street parking for one car
- Single garage
- Front and rear gardens
- To be sold for the first time in over 60 years
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.