Clevedon Road | Failand
A most attractive and charming 4 bedroom conversion forming part of this historic period building, set in circa 1 acre of land. Enjoying sensational garden plot of an incredible scale, ample off road parking and a tandem double length garage.
Wonderful location close to the Ashton Court Estate, with delightful walks and mountain bike trails. Clifton Suspension Bridge, with access to Clifton Village and all central parts of Bristol is within just 2.5 miles.
Ground Floor: entrance through a conservatory to a superb family kitchen/dining room (27’4” x 14’10”), separate elegant sitting room and additional reception room (home office or playroom), ground floor cloakroom/wc and useful storage cupboards.
First Floor: spacious galleried landing, principal bedroom suite with dressing area and en suite shower room, 2 further double bedrooms and a family shower room/wc.
Second Floor: Attic rooms including a gym area and large room (currently used as a double bedroom) with adjoining cloakroom/wc.
Sold for the first time in 70 years, this lovely character home offers a taste for countryside whilst being within easy reach of central Bristol.
To be sold with no onward chain.
- Charming 4 bedroom historic period residence
- 2 reception rooms plus a large farmhouse style kitchen/dining room
- Incredible gardens spanning over 1 acre
- Ample off street parking
- Tandem double length garage
- Wonderful location close to Ashton Court Estate
- Clifton Village & the city centre within easy reach
- Sold with no onward chain
via a gated shared entrance between 2 Longwood and 1a Longwood where electric double gates to the right hand side enter to Longwood and an expansive forecourt parking area providing off road parking for several cars. A pathway leads beside the garage and gorgeous gardens along to the façade of the building and main entrance to the property, which is on the left hand side.
the main front door to the house enters on the left hand side where there are steps up into a conservatory/utility where a part glazed stable style door leads off into the kitchen/dining room.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 27' 4'' x 14' 10'' (8.32m x 4.52m)
a large sociable farmhouse style kitchen/dining room with a range of fitted base and eye level kitchen units with granite worktop over and inset 1½ bowl stainless steel sink and drainer unit, an electric AGA, integrated dishwasher and various storage cupboards. Central island with overhanging breakfast bar, ample space for dining table and chairs, impressive feature fireplace, double glazed windows and doors to front overlooking and accessing the wonderful gardens, generous understairs storage cupboard, further recessed larder cupboard, with appliance space for fridge/freezer and part glazed door which leads through into the main ground floor hallway.
high ceilings, parquet flooring, stone staircase rising to the first floor landing and doors leading off to the sitting room, reception 2 and ground floor cloakroom/wc. Further door accessing a useful recessed cloaks storage cupboard and obscured double glazed windows to side providing plenty of natural light.
SITTING ROOM: 19' 7'' x 15' 5'' (5.96m x 4.70m)
an elegant and well-proportioned sitting room with central double glazed window and double glazed doors either side providing a breath-taking outlook over the expansive gardens, high ceilings with ceiling coving, an impressive open fireplace with high level surround and mantle, radiators and tv point.
RECEPTION 2: 14' 2'' x 8' 4'' (4.31m x 2.54m)
a useful second reception room, currently used as a home office but would work equally well as a child’s playroom with high ceilings, double glazed window to front, offering a similar outlook as the sitting room and a radiator.
a modern suite with low level wc with concealed cistern and storage cabinet beside, wash hand basin with storage cupboard beneath and mirror with light over, tiled walls and floor with electric underfloor heating, obscured double glazed windows to side.
CONSERVATORY: 19' 2'' x 9' 9'' (5.84m x 2.97m)
accessed off the main entrance and kitchen/dining space, this conservatory area is used as a utility room with appliance space for washing machine, dryer and freezer as well as having a corner cloaks cupboard with hanging rail, radiator. The conservatory leads out to the kitchen garden where there are raised vegetable planters, gated access onto the driveway, the oil tank, a garden shed and double glazed door accessing the generous garage.
an impressive galleried landing with large double glazed window to side, overlooking the kitchen garden, stairs rise to the top floor and doors lead off to 3 double bedrooms and a shower room/wc. Further natural light provided by an obscured double glazed window to rear.
BEDROOM 1: 15' 5'' x 14' 5'' (4.70m x 4.39m)
a wonderful principal bedroom suite with a good sized double bedroom with high ceilings and double glazed window to front offering a wonderful green open outlook over the gardens. Radiator, tv point and arched wall opening leading through a dressing area with built in wardrobes through to an en suite shower room/wc.
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
a good sized en suite shower room with shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, heated towel rail, inset spotlights, extractor fan, wood flooring with electric underfloor heating, double glazed window to front.
BEDROOM 2: 15' 5'' x 12' 0'' (4.70m x 3.65m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, double glazed window to front, offering a similar outlook as bedroom 1, radiator and door accessing recessed linen cupboard with built in shelving.
BEDROOM 3: 13' 5'' x 8' 11'' (4.09m x 2.72m)
a double bedroom with double glazed windows to rear and a radiator.
a family shower room with shower enclosure and system fed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, radiator, part tiled walls, tiled floor with electric underfloor heating, dual aspect double glazed windows to front and side, heated towel rail.
Staircase rises into attic rooms which are currently arranged as a gym area (20’0” x 10’3”) (6.09m x 3.12m) with a door through to a double bedroom. Off the gym area there is also a door accessing some partially boarded loft storage space.
BEDROOM 4: 23' 11'' x 10' 10'' (7.28m x 3.30m)
double glazed windows to front, radiator and door accessing a top floor wc.
N.B. the attic space was converted in the 1950’s and therefore pre-dates planning and building regulation requirements.
OFF ROAD PARKING & GARAGE:
the gated driveway provides off road parking for several vehicles and leads through to a large garage.
GARAGE: 36' 3'' x 12' 1'' (11.04m x 3.68m)
a large tandem garage with window to side, electric door, power and light. Solar panels on the garage roof with 5.7KWp.
the property enjoys a truly breath-taking sunny garden of a large scale framed with mature trees including an oak and horse chestnuts. The garden is mainly laid to level lawns with several well stocked flower borders containing a rich variety of established planting. There is a compost area, a wild meadow section, an orchard, and further gated access onto a side driveway providing access for neighbouring properties. There is gated access off the parking area to the kitchen garden with raised vegetable planters.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
North Somerset Council. Council Tax Band: G
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.