Henleaze Avenue | Henleaze
An incredibly inviting and well presented 5 double bedroom, 2 reception room Victorian semi-detached home in a wonderful location within a short stroll of the excellent local shops of Henleaze Road and the green open spaces of Durdham Downs. Enjoying the rare advantage of off road parking and a lovely level 40ft x 26ft rear garden.
Great location for families within 600 metres of Elmlea Primary School and other excellent schools nearby including Redmaids, St Ursula's and Badminton. Waitrose supermarket, the Orpheus Cinema and excellent local independent shops of Henleaze Road and North View are also within easy reach as are bus connections to all central areas.
Ground Floor: spacious entrance hallway with understairs study recess, gorgeous bay fronted sitting room with double glazed sash windows, reception 2/family room connecting through to the kitchen, which in turn accesses the utility room and rear garden. Ground floor cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: landing, principal bedroom with en-suite shower room/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 (off lower mezzanine landing) and family bathroom.
Second Floor: two double bedrooms and a cloakroom/wc.
Outside: good sized level rear garden with handy side access through the porch entrance as well as an outbuilding/garden store with potential for conversion into a home office (subject to any necessary consents).
A much loved period home in a great location for families.
- An incredibly inviting & well presented Victorian semi-detached home (2279 ft2)
- 5 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite bath/shower room)
- Fabulous broad bay fronted sitting room (20'2 x 17'3)
- Dining room/reception 2 (17'6 x 12'6)
- Kitchen (23'7 x 8'10 max/5'6 min) and separate utility room
- Good sized (40ft x 26ft) level rear garden with handy side access
- Outbuilding/garden store
- Rare advantage of off road parking
- A much loved period home in a great location for families
via driveway to the front of the property providing off road parking for at least one vehicle. To the left of the driveway there is a path leading up the side of the house to the main front door.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (12' 8'' x 5' 2'') (3.86m x 1.57m)
a welcoming and incredibly practical entrance vestibule providing ample space for coats and shoes with a beautiful original tessellated tiled floor, skylight window, part glazed door providing a handy access straight through to the rear garden, meter cupboard, high level fuse box for electrics. Beautiful stained glass original door leading through into:-
RECEPTION HALLWAY: (20' 8'' x 7' 0'' max inclusive of staircase) (6.29m x 2.13m)
a gorgeous central hallway with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing, ceiling rose and picture rail. Engineered oak flooring, radiator. Doors off to sitting room, dining room and kitchen. Understairs storage space. To the end of the hallway there is an original sideboard and useful study recess with built-in shelving over.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (20' 2'' into chimney recess x 17' 3'' into bay) (6.14m x 5.25m)
a fabulous broad sitting room with high ceilings with ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rail. Wide box bay to front comprising five sash windows and a further window beside. An impressive fireplace with gas coal effect stove with period cast iron surround and mantel. Cable tv point, radiator.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: (17' 6'' into bay x 12' 6'' into chimney recess) (5.33m x 3.81m)
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, central ceiling rose and picture rail. Wide bay to rear comprising four double glazed timber framed sash windows overlooking the rear garden. Attractive period fireplace with built-in storage cabinets and opening shelving to chimney recesses. Engineered oak flooring. Wall opening providing a sociable connection between the dining room and kitchen.
KITCHEN: (23' 7'' x 8' 10'' max reducing to 5'6) (7.18m x 2.69m/1.68m)
a shaker style kitchen with base and eye level cream coloured units with woodblock worktop over. Feature chimney recess with appliance space for range cooker. Integrated dishwasher and fridge/freezer. Inset 1 ½ bowl sink and drainer unit. Breakfast bar. Engineered oak flooring, double glazed doors to side accessing the rear garden. Further period door connecting through to utility room and ground floor cloakroom/wc.
UTILITY ROOM: (5' 7'' x 4' 4'') (1.70m x 1.32m)
plumbing and appliance space for washing machine with built-in woodblock worktop and sink over, further open shelving, radiator, double glazed timber framed sash window to side. Door leads off to:-
CLOAKROOM/WC: (5' 8'' x 3' 4'') (1.73m x 1.02m)
low level wc, pedestal wash basin with tiled splashback, double glazed window to rear.
a central landing with staircase rising up to the second floor. Dado rail, radiator. Doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, family bathroom and bedroom 3 (off lower mezzanine landing).
BEDROOM 1: (front) (14' 10'' max into recess x 13' 8'') (4.52m x 4.16m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail. Three double glazed sash windows to front, radiator, built-in recessed wardrobe. Door accessing:-
En-Suite Bath/Shower Room/WC: (9' 9'' x 5' 3'') (2.97m x 1.60m)
a generous en-suite with a claw foot bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, walk-in oversized shower area with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, inset spotlights, heated towel rail and shaver point.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (14' 2'' x 12' 8'' max into recess) (4.31m x 3.86m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail. Radiator, double glazed sash window to rear overlooking rear and neighbouring gardens.
BEDROOM 3: (14' 1'' x 8' 11'' max into recess) (4.29m x 2.72m)
(off lower mezzanine landing) currently used as a children’s play room, but would equally work well as a bedroom, this room has high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail. Radiator, double glazed sash window to rear offering a similar outlook as bedroom 2.
white suite comprising panelled bath with system fed shower over and glass shower screen, low level wc, wash hand basin, sash window to side, inset spotlights, extractor fan, radiator.
a spacious and bright landing with doors off to bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and cloakroom/wc.
BEDROOM 4: (front) (17' 5'' x 11' 2'' max taken below sloped ceilings) (5.30m x 3.40m)
a double bedroom with two sash windows to front, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (17' 5'' x 9' 6'' max taken below sloped ceilings) (5.30m x 2.89m)
a double bedroom with sliding double glazed sash style window to rear, radiator. Low level door accessing eaves storage space.
low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, Velux skylight window, built-in storage cupboards - one of which houses the Baxi gas central heating boiler.
OFF ROAD PARKING/FRONT GARDEN:
the property has the rare advantage of off road parking for at least one car.
REAR GARDEN: (40' 0'' x 26' 0'' into recess & incl. of outbuilding) (12.18m x 7.92m)
a level low maintenance rear garden with generous paved seating area closest to the property. The main section of garden is laid to artificial lawn with flower border containing various shrubs. Generous outbuilding/garden store (17'7 x 5'9) (5.37m x 1.75m) with power providing an excellent bicycle storage space (with potential for conversion to a home office subject to any necessary consents). Pathway to side connects through the entrance vestibule to the front of the property, providing a very handy access for bicycles etc.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: F.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.