Kewstoke Road | Stoke Bishop
An attractive, double fronted, 3 double bedroom, 2 reception room, family home constructed by 'Voke' in 1933, benefitting from well stocked front and rear gardens, a detached single garage and rear lane access/parking.
The Voke family built a number of the finest houses in the local area and are renowned not only for build quality but the character and detail.
The property retains much of its original character and has exciting potential for updating and improvement in the fullness of time and the possibility of a very large loft conversion.
Wonderful leafy location on a quiet and sought after road within easy reach of the shops and bus connections of Stoke Hill. Also within 700 metres of Elmlea Infant School and very well placed for the measuring point for Bristol Free School.
Ground Floor: wonderful roomy reception hallway with fireplace, sitting room, reception 2/family room, separate kitchen/breakfast room. Rear lobby accesses a ground floor wc/utility room as well as access to the rear garden.
First Floor: landing, three good sized double bedrooms and a family bathroom/wc.
Outside: attractive front garden and wonderful south-easterly facing 44ft x 25ft rear garden with rear lane access and garage.
A charming and most attractive property with plenty of original character and features in a great location.
Offered with no onward chain which enables a prompt and straightforward move.
- A charming & immensely characterful 1930s period family home
- 3 good sized double bedrooms
- Offered with no onward chain
- Sitting room, reception 2 and separate kitchen breakfast room
- Wonderful reception hallway with fireplace
- Exciting potential for further updating and improvement
- Plenty of original character and features
- Well stocked front and rear gardens
- Detached single garage
via central garden gate and pathway leading through the front garden to the attractive covered entrance and main front door to the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (4' 7'' x 4' 0'') (1.40m x 1.22m)
high ceilings, original tiled floor, part glazed period door leading through into:-
RECEPTION HALLWAY: (13' 3'' x 10' 0'' max inclusive of staircase) (4.04m x 3.05m)
a wonderful welcoming wide entrance hallway with original staircase rising to first floor landing, plenty of natural light provided by the original windows to front with secondary glazing overlooking the front garden, shallow recessed cloaks storage cupboard, original tiled open fireplace, bench seat with storage beneath, wall mounted thermostat control for central heating. Doors off to sitting room and kitchen/breakfast room, which in turn has doors off to the second reception/family room and rear lobby which accesses the garden and ground floor cloakroom/wc.
SITTING ROOM: (14' 6'' max x 13' 0'' max into chimney recess) (4.42m x 3.96m)
high ceilings with picture rail, original windows with secondary glazing to front. Attractive tiled fireplace with wood surround and mantel. Radiator.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: (18' 9'' max into bay x 13' 0'' max into chimney recess) (5.71m x 3.96m)
(accessed off the kitchen/breakfast room) a good sized sitting room with high ceilings, picture rail, feature open fireplace, double glazed windows to rear and side with central double glazed doors providing an access out onto the rear garden. Radiator and tv point.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (13' 4'' x 10' 10'' max into chimney recess) (4.06m x 3.30m)
a basic range of fitted kitchen units comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with roll edged laminated worktops, sink with drainer unit, cooker (included in sale), window to rear, exposed stripped floorboards, space for breakfast table and chairs, further appliance space for fridge/freezer, door through to:-
which in turn has access out to the garden and into:-
CLOAKROOM/WC: (6' 2'' x 5' 7'') (1.88m x 1.70m)
plumbing for washing machine, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, dual aspect windows to both sides, tiled floor, radiator.
a spacious landing with doors off to all three double bedrooms and the family bathroom/wc. Built-in recessed cupboard.
BEDROOM 1: (Front) (16' 10'' max into chimney recess x 10' 4'') (5.13m x 3.15m)
a large double bedroom with attractive bay window to front and further window beside, radiator, high ceilings with picture rail, built-in recessed wardrobe.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (15' 9'' x 11' 10'' max into chimney recess) (4.80m x 3.60m)
a good sized double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, period style fireplace, original windows to rear offering an open leafy outlook over rear and neighbouring gardens.
BEDROOM 3: (13' 5'' x 11' 11'' max into chimney recess) (4.09m x 3.63m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, radiator, original windows to rear, offering a similar outlook as bedroom 2. Built-in corner Airing Cupboard housing Worcester gas central heating boiler and built-in slatted shelving.
white suite comprising panelled bath with Mira electric shower over, low level wc and pedestal wash basin, radiator, tiled walls, tiled floor, loft hatch, original windows to front.
level front garden with central pathway, low level boundary wall and various shrubs, trees and plants.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 44' 0'' x 25' 0'') (13.40m x 7.61m)
a lovely peaceful south-easterly facing rear garden, mainly laid to lawn with generous paved seating area closest to the property, deep flower borders containing various shrubs and plants, a pathway continues up the right hand side of the garden to the rear where there is gated access out onto a rear forecourt, where you will also find the single garage.
SINGLE GARAGE & PARKING:
accessed off a short back lane off Little Stoke Road there is a detached single garage with pitched roof, with parking forecourt in front of the garage.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.