Royal York Crescent | Clifton
This immaculate top floor flat for the over 55's benefits from an abundance of natural light, with double glazed skylights in the kitchen and bathroom. The flat has been recently refurbished and re-carpeted with prospective purchasers being able to move in immediately without having to lift a finger.
Within 5 minutes' walk of the Avon Gorge and wide open spaces of Clifton Downs, this airy and light top floor apartment for the over 55s is situated on the prestigious Royal York Crescent - with easy pedestrian access to the nearby amenities of Clifton Village - and enjoys views of Brunel's iconic Suspension Bridge. Watch spectacular firework displays on Bonfire Night from the comfort of your own apartment!
Good sized double bedroom.
Natural light in all rooms.
Well-proportioned living room and fully fitted separate kitchen.
Private off road parking area for residents to rear of the building and within the CV residents parking zone.
Visitor Guest Suite
24-hour Careline system and part-time House Manager
Elegant Communal lounge (with piano) and walled gardens
All heating/hot water, laundry facilities, buildings insurance included in service charge.
No onward chain/ready to move into.
- An immaculate recently refurbished top floor flat
- Good sized double bedroom
- Well proportioned living room and separate Kitchen
- Age restricted to over 55's
- All heating/hot water, laundry facilities, buildings insurance included in service charge
- Elegant communal lounge (with piano) and walled gardens
- 24 hour Careline system and part time House Manager
- Lift access and Visitor Guest Suite
- Residents parking to rear and CV parking zone
- No onward chain/ready to move into
ENTRANCE AND COMMUNAL AREAS:
Eugenie House is a superb example of Georgian architecture: the grand entrance with period stone surround leads into a well-maintained communal hallway with doors off to an impressive residents' lounge, manager's office, a laundry room with washing machines and dryers, visitor guest suite, lift access to all levels, downstairs WC and rear door to the communal gardens. With floor to ceiling windows overlooking the terraced Crescent, the communal lounge boasts a well-stocked library and piano – including a kitchen area off to the side with tea/coffee making facilities - where residents can enjoy coffee mornings and social get togethers.
The elegant Grade II* listed building provides independent stress-free living in a quiet, secure and pleasant setting for those who are still economically active in their 50s to retirees. With spiralling energy costs forming the single largest expense for most householders, the inclusion of central heating and hot water together with free laundry facilities, represents excellent value for money. The emergency Careline system is optional but provides peace of mind for elderly residents. An added bonus is that residents also have unrestricted access to the beautiful York Gardens beneath the Crescent where theatrical productions are staged during the summer months.
accessed via lift or stairs to the top floor of the building where the private entrance door opens into:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (11' 0'' max x 6' 8'') (3.35m x 2.03m)
front door with private letterbox. The spacious hallway is carpeted with a double built-in storage cupboard and loft access hatch. Newly installed 24-hour emergency call system panel with secure door entry. Smoke detector and phone point.
LIVING ROOM: (13' 7'' x 13' 5'') (4.14m x 4.09m)
The well-proportioned living room features twin sash windows to rear elevation with views of Clifton Suspension Bridge and has been newly carpeted and finished to a high standard. TV and phone points, double radiator, part-glazed internal door leading into separate kitchen.
KITCHEN: (8' 7'' x 6' 11'') (2.61m x 2.11m)
The fully fitted and well-equipped kitchen includes wall and base units in a maple finish, granite effect work top, stainless steel sink and drainer, a built-in double oven and electric hob with extractor fan, plumbing for washing machine/dish washer and space for a full-size fridge freezer. New tile effect linoleum flooring. Ceiling downlighters with the added benefit of natural light afforded by the overhead skylight. Radiator.
BEDROOM: (11' 4'' x 10' 2'') (3.45m x 3.10m)
Good sized double bedroom accommodating either a double or two twin beds with sash windows to rear aspect overlooking the gardens. Newly carpeted with light neutral decor. Radiator.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (7' 8'' x 6' 5'') (2.34m x 1.95m)
Spacious shower room with skylight and extractor fan, plus large built-in airing cupboard with fitted shelves, wall mounted cabinets and towel rails. Newly installed walk-in shower and white suite including Waverley pedestal wash hand basin and WC. Cream-coloured linoleum flooring and splashback tiling throughout. Radiator.
The attractive walled gardens with lawns, flower beds and patio area (ideal for sun-bathing or entertaining visitors) are located to the rear of the building with direct access to the private off road parking area for residents. Further on-street parking is available via CV residents parking permit.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease from 1 January 1978, with a rent charge of £1 p.a. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
it is understood that the monthly service charge is £370.48 (i.e. £4,445.76 p.a.). Details of what is included in this service charge are available on request. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
in the eventuality of the property being sold, a 4% retention fee is payable to the Freeholder and is calculated on whichever is lower – the acquisition price or sale price.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: B
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.