Kings Weston Road | Kingsweston
A very large grade II listed semi-detached house (circa 2,700 sq. ft.) dating from 1718 in need of renovation with ample parking, generous gardens and an 800 sq. ft. detached barn with lapsed planning permission to convert into a coach house.
Quakers Meet has an intriguing history - believed to be a meeting house for the Quakers from the 1670s with the current house dating from the early 1700s with later 19th century additions. The Quakers met regularly here until the late 19th century and the house is believed to have been separated in the mid 20th century.
The house has become dated over time and offers huge potential to update and possibly re-model to suit a wide variety of requirements. Principally 4 bedrooms, 3 receptions plus kitchen and 2 bath/shower rooms and ground floor wc.
Outside there are generous gardens on 3 sides, a large parking area and an 800 sq. ft. detached barn which has lapsed planning permission for conversion into a residential Coach House.
The area of Kingsweston provides immediate access into Blaise Castle Estate and an even longer history with a Romano British Fort on Kingsweston Hill and the house itself sitting on a junction of Roman Roads.
Blaise Castle Estate doesn’t need much introduction and has 650 acres of parkland, woodland walks and a limestone gorge dissected by the Hazel Brook which meets with the River Trym towards the southern section of the Estate. The Estate also has an adventure playground for kids, a café and museum.
Well located and within striking distance of Clifton (4km) and the vast array of amenities that Bristol has to offer, convenient for the M4/M5 and Cribbs Causeway whilst offering a gentler feel and more green and leafy outlook and environs.
- A large and intriguing semi detached house
- Huge potential to re-model & renovate
- 800 sq.ft barn with conversion potential
- Circa 2,700sq.ft
- Grade II listed
- 4 double bedrooms / 3 reception rooms
- Generous gardens on 3 sides
- Ample parking via gated driveway
- Moments from the Blaise Castle Estate
- Dating from 1718
GROUND FLOOR 16' 3'' x 11' 0'' (4.95m x 3.35m)
glazed entrance door with overlight, enters into a small hallway with double doors with overlight leading into the main entrance hall with stairs rising to the first floor, doors leading to the kitchen and in turn the sitting room, dining room and hall (The Quakers Meet). Electric storage heater, generous understairs storage.
HALL (QUAKERS MEET) 21' 0'' x 19' 0'' (6.40m x 5.79m)
an incredibly spacious room with very high ceilings, multi paned sash windows to the front and side elevations and multi paned glazed double doors leading out to the front garden with an arched overlight. Teak wood panelled walls enclosing a fireplace with tiled hearth, electric storage heater.
DINING ROOM: 17' 2'' x 12' 0'' (5.23m x 3.65m)
3 sash windows to the rear elevation overlooking the garden, picture rail, enclosed fireplace.
KITCHEN: 21' 5'' x 8' 8'' (6.52m x 2.64m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation and sash window to the rear elevation overlooking the side and rear gardens. Fitted with a range of wall and base units incorporating stainless steel sink unit and draining board, space for cooker, space and plumbing for washing machine, electric storage heating.
SITTING ROOM: 17' 1'' x 13' 7'' (5.20m x 4.14m)
sash window to the rear elevation, high ceiling, picture rail and a large recessed fireplace with tiled hearth with wood burning stove (not working) and electric panel heater.
low level wc, wash hand basin and sash window to the side elevation.
LANDING: 12' 11'' x 9' 10'' (3.93m x 2.99m)
doors lead off to bedrooms 1, 2 and 4, bathroom and stairs rise to the top floor and bedroom 3. Two useful storage cupboards, one houses the hot water tank. Two casement windows to the front elevation and a radiator.
BEDROOM 1: 16' 7'' x 16' 4'' (5.05m x 4.97m)
very large principal bedroom with large wide bay to the rear elevation comprising 4 sash windows and overlooking surrounding gardens. Fitted wardrobe and storage.
En Suite Shower/wc:
low level wc, electric shower, opaque double glazed window to the rear elevation, wash hand basin, extractor fan, heated towel rail, tiled flooring.
BEDROOM 2: 17' 6'' x 12' 0'' (5.33m x 3.65m)
sash windows to the rear elevation overlooking the garden, electric panel heater, picture rail, fitted storage cupboard.
BEDROOM 4: 14' 7'' x 8' 8'' (4.44m x 2.64m)
3 sash windows to the rear elevation overlooking surrounding gardens and to the distance The Severn and across to Wales on a clear day. Electric panel heater, range of fitted storage and picture rail.
BATHROOM/WC: 17' 4'' x 3' 9'' (5.28m x 1.14m)
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, panelled bath with overhead shower, sash window to the front elevation heated towel rail and radiator.
small landing with doors to bedroom 3 and door to loft storage area.
BEDROOM 3: 17' 7'' x 14' 3'' (5.36m x 4.34m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation with views over surrounding gardens.
BARN: 35' 10'' x 16' 1'' (10.91m x 4.90m)
vaulted ceilings, lime washed stone walls, 2 timber side by side doors, sklylights, light and power.
measured in 2 sections and described as follows:-
FORECOURT & FRONT GARDEN: 60' 0'' x 46' 0'' (18.27m x 14.01m)
off street parking for a number of vehicles, stone and brick walls with the garden laid mainly as lawn with some shrub and flower borders with a cherry tree and magnolia (tbc). Carriage stone.
SECOND SECTION: 70' 0'' x 40' 0'' (21.32m x 12.18m)
small courtyard immediately outside the front door, a number of soft fruit trees (apples, pears and quince), stone wall to one side and some shrub and flower borders.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council tax Band: F.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.