Northcote Road | Clifton
A beautifully presented 5 double bedroom, 3 reception room Victorian semi-detached family home tucked away close to the Downs and Clifton College. Further benefiting from a large sociable kitchen/dining/living space leading onto a private walled rear garden.
Enviable location tucked away in Clifton equidistant between Whiteladies Road and Clifton Village, neighbouring Clifton College and nearby other excellent schools. Also within a short level walk of the green open spaces of Durdham Downs.
• Versatile and beautifully kept accommodation arranged over 4 floors providing ample space for growing families.
High ceilings, large sash windows and many retained features add to this property’s elegant and spacious feel.
Offered with no onward chain making a prompt and convenient move possible.
Enjoyed by the current owners for over 20 years this fine period home is impeccably presented throughout and offers plenty of space and a pleasing layout.
- A beautifully presented Victorian semi-detached family home
- Close th Durdham Downs and Clifton College
- Large sociable kitchen/dining/living space
- High ceilings, large sash windows and many retained features
- 5 double bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- 4 bath/shower rooms
- Walled rear garden
- No onward chain
via a garden gate and pathway leading through a pretty front garden to the steps and approach to the main front door to the house.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 5' 7'' x 4' 4'' (1.70m x 1.32m)
wonderful high ceilings with ceiling cornicing, dado rail, tiled flooring and a part glazed period door leading through into the main entrance hallway.
a light and airy central entrance hallway with a tall part stain glass sash window to side, flooding the hallway and stairwell with natural light, high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing and central ceiling rose, dado rail, radiator with decorative cover, doors leading off to the drawing room and sitting room, further door accesses the staircase descending to the lower ground floor and an original staircase rises to the first floor.
DRAWING ROOM: (rear) 21' 10'' max into chimney recess x 14' 3'' (6.65m x 4.34m)
an elegant drawing room at the rear of the building with 2 large sash windows overlooking the rear garden with working wooden shutters, period cast iron fireplace with inset tiles and an impressive marble surround and mantle, superb high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, picture rail and 2 ceiling roses, radiators with decorative covers.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 18' 0'' max into bay x 16' 0'' max into chimney recess (5.48m x 4.87m)
a bay fronted sitting room with wonderful high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and central ceiling rose, period style fireplace with gas coal effect fire, wood surround mantle and mirror over, wide bay to front comprising 3 tall sash windows with working wooden shutters, radiators with decorative covers and tv point.
staircase rising to the second floor landing, radiator and doors leading off to two large double bedrooms.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) 22' 0'' max into recess and inclusive of en suite x 14' 9'' (6.70m x 4.49m)
large principal double bedroom with 2 sash windows to rear offering an open outlook over Clifton College playground towards The Avenue beyond, high ceilings with ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rail, built in wardrobe, period style fireplace, radiators, door accessing recessed Airing Cupboard housing pressurised hot water tank and slatted shelving and arched door opening accessing:
En Suite Bathroom/wc: 9' 5'' x 5' 6'' (2.87m x 1.68m)
a white suite comprising a claw foot roll top bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment, high level wc, pedestal wash basin, part tiled walls, tiled floor, radiator, inset spotlights, extractor fan and ceiling cornicing.
BEDROOM 2: (front) 16' 3'' max into chimney recess x 12' 4'' (4.95m x 3.76m)
a large double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, picture rail and central ceiling rose, period style cast iron fireplace, 2 large sash windows to front, radiators, door accessing recessed wardrobe and arched wall opening accessing:-
En Suite Bathroom/wc: 12' 3'' x 5' 4'' (3.73m x 1.62m)
a white suite comprising a roll top claw foot bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment, high level wc, pedestal wash basin, dual aspect sash windows to front and side with built in plantation shutters, radiator, exposed stripped floorboards, high ceilings with ceiling coving and inset spotlights.
high level Velux skylight window providing natural light through the landing and stairwell, loft hatch accessing loft storage space, doors off to bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and a further family shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 3: (FRONT) 15' 3'' x 12' 9'' max into recess (4.64m x 3.88m)
a double bedroom with 2 large sash windows overlooking the former Bristol Zoo, high ceilings with ceiling coving, radiator and door accessing:
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
white suite comprising a shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, wash hand basin with storage cabinet beneath, part tiled walls, tiled floor, radiator, ceiling coving and inset spotlights.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) 14' 5'' x 11' 7'' max into chimney recess (4.39m x 3.53m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, period style fireplace, radiator and sash window to rear offering an open outlook over Clifton College playground towards The Avenue. Radiator and door accessing a recessed storage cupboard with built in shelving.
BEDROOM 5: (rear) 14' 3'' x 10' 3'' max into chimney recess (4.34m x 3.12m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, period style cast iron fireplace, radiator and sash window to rear, offering a similar outlook as bedroom 4.
FAMILY SHOWER ROOM/WC: 11' 10'' x 5' 6'' (3.60m x 1.68m)
a white suite comprising an oversized shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, heated towel rail, part tiled walls, tiled floor, radiator, ceiling coving, inset spotlights, extractor fan and sash window to front.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
The staircase descends from the hall floor level into a semi open-plan sociable lower ground floor space with a central landing with wide wall openings through to the third reception room/sitting room at the front and a kitchen/dining room to the rear. There is an understairs storage space and further part glazed door from the central landing area accessing the lower ground floor lobby where there is an independent access to the property and further door off to the cloakroom/wc.
RECEPTION 3: (front) 16' 9'' max into bay x 15' 8'' max into chimney recess (5.10m x 4.77m)
a less formal, cosy sitting room with engineered oak flooring, 3 sash windows with plantation shutters to front, overlooking the front garden, a feature chimney recess with gas fired stove and flagstone tiled hearth, radiators and wide all opening connecting through to the kitchen/dining space.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: approx 21' 0'' x 13' 11'' (6.40m x 4.24m)
a modern fitted kitchen comprising Leicht base and eye level gloss white handleless units with grey quartz worktop over and inset 1¾ bowl sink with boiler hot water tap over, integrated appliances including dual Siemens ovens (one of which has steam and microwave functions), large Siemens induction hob with inset LED light over and glass splashbacks. Further integrated appliances include a Siemens fridge/freezer and Siemens dishwasher. Large central island unit with built in deep pan drawers, ample space for dining table and chairs and further units spanning the length of the kitchen to the other side with plenty of built in storage and central concealed tea and coffee station with automatic lighting. Further tall cupboards conceal the plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer and provides space for hoover and wall mounted gas central heating boilers. Sash window to rear with window seat and storage beneath, two contemporary radiators, flagstone tiled flooring and glazed French doors to rear provide a seamless access out onto the rear garden.
an attractive landscaped front garden framed with period stone boundary walls with architectural planting, bin store, outside tap and handy gated side access through to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: approx 23' 6'' x 17' 0'' (7.16m x 5.18m)
mostly laid to paving providing a private outdoor seating area, perfect for outdoor dining and entertaining. The garden is framed by stone boundary walls and raised flower borders containing shrubs and a mature Magnolia tree. Pathway to side providing handy gated side access through from the front of the property to the rear garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: G
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.