Downs Cote Drive | Westbury-on-Trym
A spacious (over 1,900 sq. ft.) and welcoming 5 bedroom 1930’s semi-detached family home enjoying a spectacular extended 29ft x 20ft kitchen/dining/living space, a 63ft x 28ft south facing rear garden and off street parking.
Popular location close to the shops and amenities of Stoke Lane, also within circa 500 metres of Elmlea Junior School and circa 700 metres from the reference point for the intake for Bristol Free School. Westbury village and Durdham Downs are also easily accessible, as are bus routes to all central areas.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room, fabulous recently renovated and extended sociable kitchen/dining/living space with bi-fold doors leading onto the garden, useful boot room, utility room, cloakroom/wc and further storage/boiler cupboard.
First Floor: landing, 4 bedrooms (3 doubles and 1 single) and family bathroom/shower/wc.
Second Floor: loft converted double bedroom and modern shower room/wc.
Outside: 63ft x 28ft south facing rear garden mainly laid to lawn with large seating area closest to the property and handy side access through a ‘lean to’ bike store. At the front of the property there is a landscaped front garden, off street parking for at least 2 cars length ways and an EV charging point.
A well-located family home offering more than meets the eye, a surprising amount of accommodation and an enviable kitchen space.
- A spacious and welcoming 1930's semi-detached family home
- 5 bedrooms (4 double and 1 single)
- 63ft x 28ft south facing rear garden
- Off street parking for at least 2 cars
- Fabulous extended sociable family kitchen/dining/living area
- Over 1,900 sq. ft of accommodation
- Bay fronted sitting room (16'0 x 12'6)
via brick paved driveway with steps leading up from the driveway beside the front garden to the main front door of the property.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (16' 8'' x 7' 3'' max inclusive of staircase) (5.08m x 2.21m)
staircase rising to first floor landing, picture rail, Parquet style flooring, corner storage and meter cupboards, further useful understairs storage recess, original stained glass window to side providing plenty of natural light and doors leading off to sitting room, kitchen/dining/family room, cloakroom/wc and utility room.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (16' 0'' into bay x 12' 6'' into chimney recess) (4.87m x 3.81m)
wide bay to front comprising double glazed windows, high ceilings with picture rail, attractive cast iron fireplace with wood surround and slate hearth with built in bookcases and storage cabinets to chimney recesses. Radiator and tv point.
KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING ROOM: (29' 2'' max incl. of boot room x 20' 4'' max into recess) (8.88m x 6.19m)
a fabulous extended sociable family kitchen/dining/living area creating a sociable hub of the house, hand built kitchen comprising base and eye level timber cupboards and drawers with wood block worktop over and inset Belfast style sink, integrated Siemens dishwasher, built in larder cupboards, recess plumbing and appliance space for American style fridge/freezer and large range cooker, built in extractor hood, central island with polished concrete worktop and a range of soft closing drawers and cupboards beneath, ample space for sofas and family dining table, 3 large Velux skylight windows provide plenty of natural light from the southerly aspect, inset spotlights, Parquet style flooring, door accessing useful recessed boiler cupboard with built in shelving and wall mounted Vaillant gas boiler, bi-folding doors to rear provide a seamless access onto the rear garden and part glazed stable style door accesses a useful:
double glazed door to rear accessing the garden, handy built in cloaks and shoe storage, inset spotlights and ceiling light well.
The kitchen/dining/living space and adjoining boot room both benefit from underfloor heating.
UTILITY ROOM: (12' 0'' x 4' 6'') (3.65m x 1.37m)
a range of base and eye level gloss units with worktop and inset sink, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer, inset spotlights, extractor fan and Parquet style flooring.
low level wc, corner wash hand basin with tiled splashbacks, double glazed window to side and wood effect flooring.
doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 5 and family bathroom/shower/wc, staircase continues up to the second floor.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (16' 0'' into bay x 12' 7'' into built in wardrobes) (4.87m x 3.83m)
double bedroom with wide bay to front comprising double glazed windows and offering a splendid outlook over roof tops of neighbouring properties towards the trees and greenery of Henbury Golf Club and the Blaise Castle Estate in the distance, built in wardrobes to chimney recesses with central built in cabinet and shelving between, inset spotlights, picture rail and radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (13' 10'' x 12' 0'' into chimney recess) (4.21m x 3.65m)
double bedroom with picture rail, double glazed windows to rear and radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (12' 1'' x 9' 10'') (3.68m x 2.99m)
double bedroom with picture rail, radiator and double glazed window to rear enjoying an outlook over the rear garden.
BEDROOM 5: (10' 5'' x 7' 3'') (3.17m x 2.21m)
single child’s bedroom (or study) with double glazed windows to front and side and further feature porthole window to front, picture rail and radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: (8' 10'' x 4' 10'') (2.69m x 1.47m)
white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc, separate shower enclosure with system fed shower, wall mounted wash basin, tiled floor and walls, chrome effect heated towel rail, inset spotlights, extractor fan, double glazed windows to side and underfloor heating.
double glazed window to side with roof top views over the surrounding area and doors leading off to bedroom 4 and shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 4: (12' 10'' max below sloped ceilings x 9' 1'') (3.91m x 2.77m)
loft converted double bedroom with Velux skylight windows to front and rear, radiator and low level doors accessing useful eaves storage space.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (5' 9'' x 4' 9'') (1.75m x 1.45m)
walk in shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc with concealed push button flush, wall mounted wash basin, tiled walls, tiled floor and extractor fan.
OFF STREET PARKING & FRONT GARDEN:
there is a driveway to the front of the property providing off street parking for at least 2 vehicles lengthways and terraced front garden containing various plants and shrubs. There is also an EV charging point.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 63' 0'' x 28' 0'') (19.19m x 8.53m)
a south facing rear garden mainly laid to lawn with fenced boundaries and flower borders containing various shrubs, several steps lead down from the garden to a generous patio seating area closest to the kitchen, gate to side accesses a ‘lean to’ covered storage area, perfect for bikes etc, which in turn has a door through to the driveway at the front.
GARDEN ROOM/HOME OFFICE:
There is an insulated garden room with adjoining storage shed.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
2. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
3. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
4. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
5. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
6. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
7. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.