Cotham Road, Cotham
A well-proportioned (circa 970 sq.ft.) 2 double bedroom hall and lower ground floor maisonette with a south facing private rear garden set within a Victorian period building, conveniently located close to the many amenities of Cotham Hill, Chandos Road and Whiteladies Road.
Coveted location - a convenient road in a friendly neighbourhood within 0.25 miles of Whiteladies Road, handy for the Downs, Cotham Gardens nearby and with easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, lively Gloucester Road, Bristol University, numerous private and state schools, main hospitals, BBC plus local parks at St Andrews and Redland Green. Redland and Clifton Down local train stations nearby.
Ground Floor: entrance hall, bay fronted sitting room, bedroom 1 with access to rear garden via steps, bedroom 2, shower room/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: kitchen/dining room with access out onto the private rear garden, utility room.
Outside: south facing rear garden with a good amount of privacy with gate onto rear pedestrian lane.
An individual period maisonette offering versatile accommodation with so much to appreciate and savour - location, facilities, atmosphere, character and lots of light, space and homely feel.
- 2 Double Bedrooms
- Garden Maisonette
- Circa 970 sq ft
- Private South Facing Garden
- Kitchen/Dining Room
- Utility Room
- Close to Whiteladies Road, Gloucester Road and St Michaels Hill
- Victorian Period Building
- Modern Shower Room/WC
- Bay Fronted Sitting Room
from the pavement of Cotham Road proceed up the block paved pathway where the communal entrance door can be found immediately in front of you.
COMMUNAL ENTRANCE HALLWAY:
via hardwood front door with tall ceilings, stain glass fanlight, coving and dado rail, ceiling light point. The private entrance door to the property can be found on the left hand side just before the stairs leading to the first floor landing.
via wooden front door, 3 ceiling light points, useful understairs storage cupboard, tall ceilings with cornicing, radiator, moulded skirting boards, stairs descending to lower ground floor, doors leading to sitting room, bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and shower room/wc.
SITTING ROOM: (19' 2'' x 12' 9'' (5.84m x 3.88m))
a bay fronted sitting room with 4 double glazed sash windows overlooking the front elevation, tall ceilings, cornicing, picture rail, period cast iron fireplace with tiled inset, wooden surround and tiled hearth, tv point, exposed wooden floorboards, ceiling light point, radiator, tall moulded skirting boards.
BEDROOM 1: (16' 0'' x 11' 1'' (4.87m x 3.38m))
a double bedroom with tall ceilings, cornicing, picture rail, period cast iron fireplace with tiled inset, wooden surround and tiled hearth, double glazed French doors giving access via steps down to the private rear garden with window above, radiator, tall moulded skirting boards.
a modern white shower room suite comprising low level wc, wash hand basin set on vanity unit, double shower enclosure with system fed waterfall shower and separate detachable shower over, tiled surrounds, inset ceiling downlighters, obscure double glazed window to the side elevation, wall mounted chrome towel radiator, tile effect floor.
BEDROOM 2: (12' 4'' x 11' 6'' (3.76m x 3.50m))
a double bedroom with period sash window overlooking the rear garden, ceiling light point, coving, built in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelving above, additional built in storage cupboard, radiator, painted wooden flooring, tall moulded skirting boards.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (15' 11'' x 11' 5'' (4.85m x 3.48m))
fitted with a matching range of wall, base and drawer units with wood effect worktop over, inset stainless steel sink with mixer tap over, integrated oven with electric hob and extractor fan over, space for upright fridge/freezer, tiled surrounds, windows to side and rear elevations, door leading out onto rear garden. Ample space for dining room table and chairs, 2 radiators, inset ceiling downlighters, tiled flooring, door leading to:
UTILITY ROOM: (11' 6'' x 4' 7'' (3.50m x 1.40m))
ceiling light point, space and plumbing for both dishwasher and washing machine, space for tumble dryer above, window overlooking the side elevation, tiled flooring.
PRIVATE REAR GARDEN: (27' 0'' x 17' 10'' (8.22m x 5.43m))
a pretty south facing enclosed rear garden mainly laid to patio with useful gate leading out onto pedestrian access lane. The garden can be accessed by both the kitchen/dining room and also bedroom 1. Small covered area ideal for storing outdoor equipment, outside light and tap. There is a variety of mature trees, shrubs and plants to the borders and the garden is fully enclosed by brick walls and trellice fencing.
The front garden is owned by the first floor maisonette and our apartment has right of access over the front path to the communal front entrance door.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1 January 1986. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars any maintenance is shared between the first floor maisonette on a 50/50 basis. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.