Avon Way | Stoke Bishop
An impressive 1930's extended detached family home situated in this much sought after location and on a generous private plot, providing 4 double bedrooms, 3 reception rooms, 2 bath/shower rooms, driveway parking for three cars and attached single garage.
To be sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
Advantageously situated close to local shops on nearby Stoke Hill and other neighbourhood shopping areas within easy reach of Stoke Lane, Shirehampton Road with North View, Henleaze and Westbury-on-Trym village a little further afield. Convenient for access to the Downs, Whiteladies Road, Clifton Village and the city centre, waterfront areas, Cribbs Causeway regional shopping centre and M5 junction 17 for commuting out of town.
Now to be sold for the first time in 25 years having been meticulously well-maintained and improved during our clients stewardship. To name but a few: new roof with loft insulation (circa 2008), double glazing throughout, re-painted external elevation; plus replacement kitchen and bathroom and new shower room; gas boiler and all radiators recently replaced.
Sylvan outlook to front and attractive views to rear.
Ground Floor: entrance porch, reception hall, lounge, family room, kitchen/dining room, utility room, cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: part galleried landing, 4 double bedrooms (one with en-suite), family bathroom, separate shower room.
Outside: driveway parking for 3 cars, attached single garage, beautiful and very private south facing rear garden.
Properties of this nature seldom come to the open market and an earliest viewing is unhesitatingly recommended.
- An impressive 1930's extended detached family home
- 4 double bedrooms (one with en-suite)
- 3 reception rooms (including dual aspect lounge & generous family room)
- Meticulously well-maintained & improved during our clients stewardship
- New roof with loft insulation (circa 2008)
- Replacement kitchen and bathroom plus new shower room
- Sylvan outlook to front and attractive views to rear
- Generous private plot including beautiful south facing rear garden
- Driveway parking for three cars & attached single garage
- To be sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible
from the stone chipped driveway, the uPVC double glazed front door opens to:-
windows to the front and side elevations. Ceiling light point. Panelled oak door opening to:-
a most welcoming and spacious entrance with elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor enjoying plenty of natural light via a tall window at ¾ landing, window to the side elevation, radiator, understairs storage cupboards, moulded cornicing, wall point light, ceiling light point. Glass panelled door opening to the lounge, oak panelled doors opening to the family room and cloakroom/wc.
LOUNGE: (23' 11'' x 15' 0'') (7.28m x 4.57m)
a dual aspect principal reception room with bay windows to both front and side elevation. Coal-effect electric fire with granite hearth and surround, plus traditional style wood mantel piece. Tall moulded skirting boards, two radiators, ornate moulded cornicing, five wall light points.
low level flush wc, pedestal wash handbasin, double opening cloakroom cupboard, obscure glazed window to the rear elevation, ceiling light point.
FAMILY ROOM: (15' 5'' x 13' 6'') (4.70m x 4.11m)
bay window to the side elevation with deep sill and radiator below, recessed coal effect gas fire with granite hearth, built-in shelving, tall moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, four wall light points. Wide archway through to:-
OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (15' 3'' x 12' 4'') (4.64m x 3.76m)
loosely divided as follows:-
shaker style base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets, roll edged granite worktop surfaces with matching upstands plus splashback tiling and pelmet lighting, ceramic Villeroy & Bosch 1½ bowl sink with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over. Integral dual fuel oven/grill, 4-ring gas hob with pull out extractor hood, integrated dishwasher and fridge. Window overlooking the rear garden, tiled flooring, inset ceiling downlights. Wide archway giving access to:-
dual aspect with windows to the side and rear elevations, radiator, ample space for table and chairs, ceiling light point.
UTILITY ROOM: (12' 0'' x 3' 10'') (3.65m x 1.17m)
base and eye level cabinets, roll edged granite effect worktop surface, tiled flooring, electric radiator, space for tall fridge/freezer, space and plumbing for washing machine. uPVC double glazed door opening externally to the rear garden. uPVC double glazed door to the front elevation leading to the driveway.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell and enjoying plenty of natural light from the aforementioned tall window at ¾ landing, moulded skirtings, two ceiling light points, airing cupboard with hot water cylinder and slatted shelving. Loft access with pull down ladder (the loft is fully boarded). Archway leading to an inner hall. Panelled doors opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (15' 0'' x 13' 9'') (4.57m x 4.19m)
bay window to the front elevation enjoying an attractive and very private sylvan outlook, chimney breast with recesses to either side (both have fitted shelving), moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (12' 2'' x 11' 0'') (3.71m x 3.35m)
window overlooking the rear garden, moulded skirtings, radiator, inset ceiling downlights.
BEDROOM 4: (11' 0'' x 10' 0'') (3.35m x 3.05m)
currently used as a study/office; window to the side elevation, radiator, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Door to:-
Wet Room style En-Suite Shower:
low level dual flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, built-in shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit and hand held shower attachment. Majority tiled walls, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, extractor fan.
low level flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, panelled bath with mixer tap and telephone style shower attachment, tiled walls to dado height, wood effect flooring, Victorian style radiator, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, wall mounted cupboards, inset ceiling downlights, shaver point, extractor fan.
recessed shelving and raised height additional shelving, ceiling light point. Panelled door opening to:-
BEDROOM 2: (12' 6'' x 12' 6'') (3.81m x 3.81m)
window overlooking the rear garden enjoying a south westerly orientation and with far reaching views to one side. Wash handbasin with mixer tap and double opening cupboard below. Radiator, coved ceiling light point.
REAR GARDEN: (70' 0'' x 30' 0'') (21.32m x 9.14m)
immediately to the rear of the kitchen there is an attractive natural stone patio with generous space for entertaining. The remainder of the garden is level and principally laid to lawn with deep shrub borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs providing privacy.
The patio has a shaped pathway leading to a further seating area. A hidden section of garden reveals another seating area and a garden shed. Outside water tap and lighting. Side access with pedestrian gate opening to driveway. Door to:-
ATTACHED SINGLE GARAGE: (15' 7'' x 8' 3'') (4.75m x 2.51m)
with light, power and water connected, stainless steel sink with draining board to side with double opening cupboard below, space for tumble dryer, fitted shelving. Double opening part glazed wooden vehicular doors to the front elevation.
a stone chipped driveway with space for 3 cars having mature shrubs along the front boundary and either side, providing a good amount of privacy. From the driveway there is a stone chipped pathway giving access to the entrance porch, utility room and storage garage. Ample space for potted plants. Outside water tap and lighting.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: F
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.