Stoke Lane | Westbury on Trym
An exceptionally spacious (2,789 sq. ft.) 5 double bedroom (1 with en-suite) semi-detached family home situated on a popular tree-lined road and enjoying the rare advantage of off road parking for three cars, a storage garage and a spectacular 95ft x 45ft sunny rear garden.
Constructed in 1929, this handsome family house enjoys wonderful high ceilings and generous room proportions throughout, with plenty of original character and an abundance of natural light.
Prime location in the heart of BS9 within just 450 metres of Elmlea School, within the catchment area for Bristol Free School and within a short level stroll of the local shops and cafes of Stoke Lane, also handy for bus connections to central areas and the green open spaces of Canford Park and Durdham Downs.
Ground Floor: porch leads through into a superb large reception hallway, bay fronted sitting room, dining room/reception 2, separate kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, downstairs cloakroom/wc and understairs storage. Integral storage garage.
First Floor: landing, four good sized double bedrooms, a family bathroom/wc and separate shower room/wc.
Second Floor: generous loft converted double bedroom with en-suite shower room/wc and lovely views.
Outside: set back from the road, affording off road parking for up to three cars with access to the storage garage and gated side access through to a gorgeous 95ft x 45ft lawned rear garden with a south-westerly side aspect attracting plenty of afternoon and early evening summer sunshine.
A truly impressive character home with a gorgeous sunny garden in a convenient and popular location.
- An exceptionally spacious (2,789 sq. ft.) semi-detached family home
- Gorgeous 95ft x 45ft lawned rear garden with south-westerly side aspect
- Large bay fronted sitting room (19'0 x 14'6)
- Good sized second reception room (17'0 x 13'0)
- Sociable kitchen/breakfast room (21'4 x 13'1)
- A handsome family house constructed in 1929
- Wonderful high ceilings and generous room proportions throughout
- Plenty of original character and an abundance of natural light
- Off road parking for up to three cars and storage garage
via pillars and driveway opening into an expansive frontage affording off road parking for up to three cars, with flower borders surrounding containing various shrubs. The driveway leads up to the double glazed double doors opening into:-
ENTRANCE PORCH: (10' 4'' x 3' 8'') (3.15m x 1.12m)
wonderful high ceilings, tiled floor. Original part glazed period front door opening into:-
RECEPTION HALLWAY: (17' 6'' x 10' 2'') (5.33m x 3.10m)
an impressive wide and welcoming central entrance hallway with original staircase rising to the first floor landing with generous understairs storage cupboards, high ceilings with feature ceiling beams, plate rail, corner meter cupboard housing the gas meter, wood flooring, radiator. Doors leading off to sitting room, dining room/reception 2 and kitchen/breakfast room. Security alarm keypad.
SITTING ROOM: (19' 0'' into bay x 14' 6'' into chimney recess) (5.79m x 4.42m)
a large bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail. Feature fireplace with Bath stone surround and mantle, slate tiled hearth and wood burning stove. Cable television point, radiator.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: (rear) (17' 0'' x 13' 0'' into chimney recess) (5.18m x 3.96m)
a good sized second reception room with wonderful high ceilings with feature ceiling beams, plate rail, period tiled fireplace, wood flooring, radiator, double glazed patio doors with double glazed windows beside and over providing direct access out onto the decked terrace and rear garden.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (21' 4'' x 13' 1'' max) (6.50m x 3.98m)
a good sized sociable kitchen/breakfast room with a fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with roll edged laminated worktops over and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit, integrated eye level stainless steel double oven, 5 ring Neff gas hob with chimney hood over, integrated fridge, plumbing and appliance space for dishwasher, overhanging breakfast bar with seating, ample space for dining table and chairs, double glazed windows to rear offering a lovely outlook over the rear garden. Wide double doors to rear accessing the raised decked terrace and rear garden. Wood flooring, two radiators, part glazed door accessing:-
a useful utility area with a range of base and eye level units with roll edged laminated worktop over and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit. Plumbing and appliance space for washing machine, dryer and fridge/freezer. Double glazed window and part double glazed door to useful side access path, with gated access onto the driveway and leading out to the rear garden. Further door accesses:-
low level wc, wall mounted wash basin with glass splashback, extractor fan, wood flooring, radiator.
a split landing with doors leading off to four double bedrooms, family bathroom/wc and further shower room/wc. Low level door accesses a useful walk-in loft storage area with hot water cylinder. Staircase continues up to the second floor. Timer control and thermostat for the central heating.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (19' 1'' x 14' 5'') (5.81m x 4.39m)
a large bay fronted double bedroom with high ceilings, double glazed windows to front, picture rail and radiator. Wash basin set into vanity unit.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (17' 0'' x 13' 0'') (5.18m x 3.96m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, radiator, double glazed windows to rear offering a wonderful view over the rear and neighbouring gardens.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (11' 8'' x 11' 0'') (3.55m x 3.35m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, double glazed windows to rear offering a similar outlook as bedroom 3, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (front) (13' 0'' x 10' 3'') (3.96m x 3.12m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, double glazed windows to front, radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (8' 10'' x 7' 4'') (2.69m x 2.23m)
white suite comprising panelled bath with central mixer taps, electric shower over and glass shower screen, low level wc, wash hand basin with storage cabinets beneath, heated towel rail, part tiled walls, tiled floor, extractor fan, double glazed window to rear.
white suite comprising shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin with tiled splashback, tiled floor, radiator, double glazed window to front.
double glazed window to side providing plenty of natural light from the south side through the landing and stairwell, hatch accesses a generous loft storage space. Door opens into:-
BEDROOM 2: (26' 11'' max x 17' 0'' max/14'2 min) (8.20m x 5.18m/4.32m)
a fabulous loft converted double bedroom of wonderful proportions with a large double glazed picture window to rear offering breathtaking views over the rear and neighbouring gardens and rooftops of the surrounding area towards the trees in Blaise Castle Estate. Three further Velux skylight windows to front, low level doors accessing eaves storage space, built-in wardrobes, hatch access in ceiling to cold water tanks. Door accessing:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (9' 3'' x 6' 0'') (2.82m x 1.83m)
white suite comprising corner shower enclosure with power shower, low level wc, wash hand basin with storage cupboards beneath, part tiled walls, tiled floor, inset spotlights, extractor fan, radiator, Velux skylight window to side.
OFF ROAD PARKING & FRONT GARDEN:
the property enjoys a generous frontage mainly laid to paving and affording off road parking for up to three cars. There are flower borders containing various shrubs and plants, handy gated side access through to the rear garden and up and over door accessing the garage.
INTEGRAL STORAGE GARAGE: (12' 2'' x 8' 11'') (3.71m x 2.72m)
a storage garage perfect for bicycles, sports equipment, etc., with window to side providing natural light, wall mounted Viessman boiler, power and light.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 95' 0'' x 45' 0'') (28.93m x 13.71m)
a truly exceptional lawned rear garden with an open south-westerly side aspect with a generous raised decked seating area closest to the kitchen/breakfast room enjoying plenty of afternoon/early evening summer sunshine. Framing the lawn are well stocked flower borders containing various plants and shrubs, and two apple trees. To the bottom of the garden there is a vegetable bed, composting areas, a greenhouse and large garden shed. Trees at rear provide some privacy including damson. Beneath the raised decking there is a low level hatch accessing a generous undercroft storage space, perfect for storing garden equipment etc. Steps lead up to a handy side access path with gated access through to the driveway at the front.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council tax Band: G.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.