Court Road | Horfield
Situated in a sought-after location nestled within close proximity to Horfield Common and Gloucester Road, an exceptionally well proportioned three-bedroom 1920's end of terrace home with a well-stocked 50ft x 30ft rear garden and off-street parking, to be sold for the first time in over 60 years.
Having been in the same ownership for over 60 years, an exciting opportunity to acquire a wonderfully proportioned 3 double bedroom 1920's end of terrace home with an abundance of character throughout & off-street parking.
Recently renovated by the current owner to a high standard (including a new roof in 2021), yet still providing exciting potential for a new owner with opportunity to extend (subject to necessary planning consents).
Benefitting from a well-stocked 50ft x 30ft rear garden with both side and rear access, as well as a driveway for multiple vehicles.
Situated within close proximity to the vast array of independent shops & restaurants on offer from the nearby famous Gloucester Road, as well as the vast level of external space on offer from Horfield Common itself. Horfield Leisure centre is only a little further afield and Filton Abbeywood railway station is approximately 2.5 miles away which subsequently provides a direct link to Bristol Temple Meads and the city centre.
Our vendor client has already secured an onward purchase, in turn enabling a prompt move for a potential buyer.
- An exceptionally well proportioned 1920s end of terrace home
- 3 double bedrooms
- Well stocked 50ft x 30ft rear garden with side and rear access
- Further living room leading through to conservatory
- Driveway parking for multiple vehicles
- Recently renovated by current owner to high standard
- To be sold for the first time in over 60 years
the property is accessed from the pavement where a concrete step leads to the concrete path which in turn leads to the front door of the property, beside a compact front garden with brick boundary walls to front and side elevations, mature plant and shrubbery borders. Composite door leads into:-
tiled floor, secondary wooden door with stained glass insert leads into:-
bright and wide entrance hallway providing access off to the principal rooms on the ground floor, such as living room, kitchen and the dining/conservatory area. Door to ground floor wc. Laid with beautiful oak flooring, moulded skirting boards, light point, thermostat, wall mounted coat hooks, carpeted staircase ascends to the first floor landing.
LOUNGE: (14' 7'' x 13' 2'' max into bay) (4.44m x 4.01m)
with plenty of natural light coming through from the front elevation via three large upvc double glazed windows with leafy outlook towards the street scene, lovely oak flooring, moulded skirting boards, gas column radiator, light point, fireplace, picture rail. This room is notable due to its south-west facing orientation with plenty of natural light coming through particularly later in the day.
KITCHEN: (16' 6'' x 8' 3'') (5.03m x 2.51m)
plenty of natural light coming through from the rear elevation via upvc double glazed window. Comprising a range of wall, base and drawer units with square edged butchers style wooden worksurfaces and wooden splashbacks, stainless steel sink with integrated drainer unit to side and stainless steel swan neck mixer tap over, space for freestanding washer/dryer, space for dishwasher, gas range cooker, extractor hood, spaces for freestanding fridge and fridge/freezer, wall mounted Worcester combi boiler, inset ceiling downlights, light point, gas radiator, oak flooring.
LIVING ROOM: (13' 8'' x 11' 10'') (4.16m x 3.60m)
laid with fitted carpet, picture rail, moulded skirting boards, two gas column radiators, log burner, light point.
CONSERVATORY: (9' 5'' x 8' 9'') (2.87m x 2.66m)
oak flooring, exposed brick wall to one side, plenty of natural light coming through from both the rear elevation and above via upvc double glazed windows, moulded skirting boards, space for dining table, light point and gas column radiator. Door leads back through to the kitchen, as well as access out to garden.
with low level dual flush wc, wall mounted hand wash basin with stainless steel tap and control over, stainless steel towel holder, stripped wooden floorboards, small upvc double glazed frosted window to the side elevation allowing light through, extractor fan, ceiling light point.
providing access to the principal rooms on this floor including master bedroom, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom. Laid with fitted carpet, ceiling light point, fire alarm. Large double glazed upvc window to side elevation allowing plenty of natural light through with curtain rail over.
MASTER BEDROOM: (14' 6'' x 12' 4'') (4.42m x 3.76m)
an exceptionally well proportioned double bedroom, three large double glazed upvc windows set into bay with curtain rail over and a leafy outlook over street scene and beautiful views across Bristol as well as enjoying plenty of natural light due to its south-west facing sunny orientation. Laid with fitted carpets, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, gas radiator, with space for king size bed, large fitted wardrobe space and desk.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 8'' x 11' 9'') (4.16m x 3.58m)
a well proportioned double bedroom, laid with fitted carpet, plenty of natural light coming through from the rear elevation via large upvc double glazed window with a leafy outlook towards the garden and curtain rail over, moulded skirting boards, light point, gas radiator, two fitted wardrobes.
BEDROOM 3: (8' 8'' x 7' 3'') (2.64m x 2.21m)
a double bedroom, laid with fitted carpet, moulded skirting boards, gas column radiator, ceiling light point, plenty of natural light coming through from the side elevation via large upvc double glazed window with curtain rail over. Access via loft hatch into the loft space.
recently renovated by the current owners to a high standard and comprises low level dual flush wc, floor standing hand wash basin with stainless steel tap over and integrated cupboards below, chrome towel radiator, shower cubicle with glass inserts and stainless steel wall mounted shower head and controls, light point, frosted upvc double glazed window to front elevation allowing light through but also providing a degree of privacy, laminate wooden floorboards, stylish tiles on four sides.
compact front garden with brick boundary walls to front and side elevations, mature plant and shrubbery borders.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 50' 0'' x 30' 0'') (15.23m x 9.14m)
with side access through to driveway parking area. Well stocked with deep mature borders containing a variety of established plants and shrubbery, predominantly laid to turf with tarmac pathway leading to a rear access lane.
driveway parking for multiple vehicles on the hardstanding area to the right hand side of the house.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: C
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.