Sefton Park Road | Bishopston
Situated along this sought after tree-lined road in Bishopston; a beautifully presented and extended 4 double bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, Victorian period family house of character, circa 1,720 sq. ft., having stunning semi open-plan kitchen/dining room with double doors to a lovely well stocked rear garden, within 200 metres of Sefton Park School.
A fine period residence (dating from 1894) situated on a popular Bishopston street. The property has plenty of original features such as high ceilings, period fireplaces and ornate moulded plasterwork. These blend seamlessly with some well-considered high quality modern improvements such as a side return kitchen extension and loft conversion.
Stylishly appointed kitchen having base and eye level units, roll edged worktops and integrated appliances including microwave, grill/oven, oven, induction hob, extractor hood, tall fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Cleverly designed wall to wall cupboards provide generous storage. The kitchen/dining room is dual aspect with two electronically operated skylights and with double doors to the garden.
Superb location within just yards of the local Sefton Park Primary School and the green open spaces of St Andrews Park. Gloucester Road with its array of independent shops, cafes and restaurants, as well as bus connections to the city centre and Temple Meads station are also nearby.
Double glazed windows throughout and gas central heating.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, bay fronted sitting room, dining room and kitchen/breakfast room.
First Floor: split level landing, 3 double bedrooms, family bathroom.
Second Floor: landing, double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
Outside: front courtyard with Trimetals Protect-a-cycle bike shed, well stocked rear garden with pond, Alton fusion 8 cedar greenhouse and shed.
- Situated along a sought after tree-lined road in Bishopston
- A beautifully presented & extended Victorian period family house of character
- 4 double bedrooms (one with en-suite shower room)
- Gracious bay fronted sitting room (16'5 x 13'3)
- Dining room (13'7 x 11'2)
- Extended kitchen/breakfast room (17'7 x 16'10)
- Plenty of original features including high ceilings, fireplaces & moulded plasterwork.
- Front courtyard garden with Trimetals Protect-a-cycle bike shed
- Well stocked rear garden with pond, Alton fusion 8 cedar greenhouse and shed
- Within 200 metres of Sefton Park School
from the pavement, there is a dwarf stone wall with wrought iron pedestrian gate and pathway leading to the front entrance. Solid wood panelled front door with stained glass fanlight, opening to:-
inlaid entrance mat, tall moulded skirting, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Part stained multi-paned etched glass wooden door with overlight, opening to:-
ornately carved ceiling arch, elegant staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, radiator, ceiling light point. Stripped pine panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (16' 5'' x 13' 3'') (5.00m x 4.04m)
a gracious principal reception room, having wide bay window to front elevation comprising four wooden double glazed sash windows with original stained glass overlights. Period fireplace with coal effect gas fire, cast iron surround, decorative tiled slips, slate hearth and an ornately carved Carrera marble mantlepiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ceiling light point, two radiators.
DINING ROOM: (13' 7'' x 11' 2'') (4.14m x 3.40m)
central period fireplace with open fire, cast iron surround, decorative tiled slips, slate hearth and an ornately carved stone mantlepiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point. Wide wall opening through to:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (17' 7'' x 16' 10'') (5.36m x 5.13m)
having been extended by the present owners to provide a light-filled family entertaining space. Comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level units combining drawers, cabinets and shelving. Wood effect roll-edged worktop surfaces with matching upstands and pelmet lighting. Stainless steel Franke sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over. Integral appliances include Neff microwave, Neff electric grill/oven, electric oven, Neff 5 ring induction hob, extractor hood with external venting, tall fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Karndean flooring, space for table and chairs. Wall to wall built-in cupboards offering well designed and generous storage space with one cupboard designed as drying cupboard with radiator, hanging space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer. Recessed glazed display shelving with integral lighting. Part sloping ceiling with conservation rooflight skylights (from the rooflight company) with double glazed units, electronically operated. Inset ceiling downlights and three ceiling light points, radiator. Box bay window overlooking the rear garden plus raised height window to the side elevation and wooden double glazed double doors opening externally to the rear garden. Panelled door returning to the reception hall.
SPLIT LEVEL LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with handrail and ornately carved spindles, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, two ceiling light points. Turning staircase ascending to the second floor with open balustrade and all enjoying natural light via Velux window. Small understairs cupboard. Four panelled doors opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (17' 1'' x 16' 5'') (5.20m x 5.00m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising four wooden double glazed sash windows plus further additional sash window to the side that enjoy a pleasant outlook over the tree lined street. Original period fireplace with cast iron surround, stone mantlepiece and decorative tiled hearth. Recess to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling light point, two radiators.
BEDROOM 3: (13' 8'' x 11' 3'') (4.16m x 3.43m)
wooden multi-paned double glazed sash window to the rear elevation with radiator below. Original ornate cast iron fireplace with decorative tiled hearth. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 4: (10' 6'' x 10' 1'') (3.20m x 3.07m)
multi-paned wooden double glazed window overlooking the rear garden with radiator below. Chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, loft access. Airing cupboard with slatted shelving and radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: (7' 3'' x 5' 4'') (2.21m x 1.62m)
panelled bath with hot and cold taps, shower screen and wall mounted shower unit. Vanity unity with wash handbasin and mixer tap plus cupboards below. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Karndean flooring, fully tiled walls, two obscure double glazed windows to the side elevation, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
enjoying plenty of natural light via the aforementioned triple glazed Velux window, useful storage cupboard, ceiling light point, door to:-
BEDROOM 2: (14' 6'' x 10' 10'') (4.42m x 3.30m)
large triple glazed Velux window to the rear elevation enjoying views of Gloucester County cricket ground. High sloping ceiling with inset ceiling downlights, wall to wall built-in wardrobes. Door leading to boarded loft storage space. Moulded skirtings, radiator. Door to:-
En-Suite Shower Room: (10' 2'' x 4' 11'') (3.10m x 1.50m)
corner shower cubicle with wall mounted electric shower unit and hand held shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc. Vanity unit with wash handbasin and mixer tap plus cupboards and drawers beneath. Karndean flooring, Triple glazed Velux window to the front elevation, fully tiled walls, shaver point, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan, wall light point.
designed for ease of maintenance with raised shrub borders plus Trimetals Protect-a-cycle (official police preferred specification) with 3 heavy duty padlocks and internal security cable.
REAR GARDEN: (38' 0'' x 16' 10'') (11.57m x 5.13m)
immediately to the rear of the house there is a shaped patio which provides ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. The remainder of the garden is a mixture of lawn and deep shrub borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs plus garden pond. At the rear of the garden there is a high specification Alton Fusion 8 cedar greenhouse and shed (installed in 2022) both accessible individually and the shed has window to side and can be used as a workshop. Enclosed on all three sides by walling and trellising with a variety of climbing plants. Outside water tap and lighting. Samson manually operated awning.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: D
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.