St Albans Road | Westbury Park
Beautifully presented, characterful and spacious Edwardian family home situated on the sunny side of this ever popular road in the heart of Westbury Park. Further benefiting from a fabulous extended sociable kitchen/dining space, a level south westerly facing garden with handy rear access and much more.
Lateral accommodation arranged over two floors, with further exciting scope for a loft conversion, if required.
Prime location for families within just 400 metres of Westbury Park School and 900 metres to Redland Green School, whilst also having the convenience of the local independent shops and cafes of North View, Henleaze Road and Coldharbour Road, the green open spaces of Durdham Downs and Redland Green Park and bus connections to central areas, all of which are nearby.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule flows through into a wider than average entrance hallway with useful recessed understairs storage cupboard, gorgeous bay fronted sitting room with wood burning stove and plantation shutters, reception 2/family room flows through into a lovely glazed roof semi open-plan kitchen/dining space, separate utility room/wc.
First Floor: landing, principal bedroom with en suite shower room/wc and built in wardrobes, 2 further generous double bedrooms and a smart family bathroom/shower/wc.
Outside: front garden with space for bicycle storage sheds and recycling and a gorgeous 22ft x 21ft wider than average level south westerly facing rear garden, offering the perfect orientation and handy gated rear access onto a vehicular width back lane.
A rather special period home in a superb location for families.
- A stunning period home in the heart of Westbury Park
- Wider than average south westerly facing level garden
- Spectacular extended kitchen dining room
- 3 double bedrooms
- Scope for loft conversion, if required
- Beautiful interior with lots of natural light
- Close to excellent schools, Durdham Downs and local shops
via garden gate and pathway leading up to the covered entrance and main front door to the property.
high ceilings with ornate original cornicing, high level gas meter, original tessellated tiled floor and part glazed door leading through into the entrance hallway.
a wider than average welcoming entrance hall with original staircase rising to first floor landing with generous recessed storage cupboard. High ceilings with ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rail, wood flooring, radiator and doors leading off to the sitting room and reception 2/family room.
SITTING ROOM: (16' 6'' x 13' 1'' max into chimney recess) (5.03m x 3.98m)
high ceilings with ceiling cornicing, feature brick chimney recess with wood burning stove and slate tiled hearth, exposed stripped original floorboards, attractive box bay to front comprising sash windows with original stained glass. Radiator and tv point.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: (13' 3'' x 11' 11'' max into chimney recess) (4.04m x 3.63m)
a light and airy second reception room with high ceilings, radiator, wood flooring and a wide wall opening creating a sociable connection through to the kitchen/dining room.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (24' 4'' x 14' 8'' max in dining area/11'3 in kitchen area) (7.41m x 4.47m/3.43m)
L shaped sociable kitchen/dining room with an abundance of natural light provided by the amount of glazing with the side return extension and glass roof with 3 bi-folding doors and further bi-folding doors to the end of the kitchen. There is a modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level matt grey units with wood block worktop over and inset induction hob with contemporary extractor fan built into the chimney recess. Integrated eye level Siemens ovens, fridge/freezer and dishwasher, further plumbing and appliance space for a fridge/freezer, wood flooring, double glazed window to side, high ceilings with ceiling coving and inset spotlights and door leading off the dining area through to:
UTILITY ROOM/WC: (8' 2'' x 4' 1'') (2.49m x 1.24m)
a clever use of space with a low level wc with concealed cistern, plumbing for washing machine with worktop and inset sink over, built in base and eye level cupboards, extractor fan, inset spotlight, wood flooring and a small radiator.
a good sized landing with loft hatch providing access to a generous roof storage space, offering great potential for conversion into further accommodation (subject to any necessary consents). Doors lead off the landing to all 3 double bedrooms, family bathroom/wc and the boiler cupboard, housing a Worcester gas central heating boiler and pressurised hot water tank. Radiator.
BEDROOM 1: (16' 5'' into bay x 12' 5'' min/17'9 max incl. of en-suite) (5.00m x 3.78m/5.43m)
(front) a generous principal bedroom with lovely natural light, a box bay to front with double glazed sash windows and built in plantation shutters, exposed stripped floorboards, built in wardrobes and door accessing:
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (8' 1'' x 4' 5'') (2.46m x 1.35m)
a white suite comprising an oversized walk in shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower and recessed alcove shelf, low level wc, wash hand basin with storage cabinet beneath, tiled floor, part tiled walls, double glazed sash window to front and heated towel rail.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 5'' x 12' 2'' max into chimney recess) (4.09m x 3.71m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, an original fireplace, wood flooring, radiator and large south westerly facing double glazed sash window to rear, overlooking the rear and neighbouring gardens.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (15' 0'' x 10' 8'') (4.57m x 3.25m)
a good sized double bedroom with high ceilings, dual aspect sash windows to rear and side, wood flooring and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: (8' 6'' max into shower x 7' 5'') (2.59m x 2.26m)
a beautiful principal bathroom with a white suite comprising a double ended floor standing bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment, a walk in oversized shower with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, wash hand basin with storage drawers beneath, part tiled walls, extractor fan, inset spotlights and window to side.
small level courtyard front garden setting the property back from the pavement and offering space for an outside bike store and recycling bins. The garden is mainly laid to stone pebbles and has a pathway leading up to the main front door of the house.
REAR GARDEN: (22' 3'' x 21' 11'' plus additional side return courtyard) (6.78m x 6.68m)
a beautiful level south westerly facing garden with a slightly wider than average plot due to being on the crescent section of the road with a perfect orientation enjoying much of the day’s sunshine. There is a large composite decked seating area closest to the property, perfect for outdoor seating and entertaining, a level natural lawned section with low maintenance flower borders, an attractive brick and slatted fencing boundary walls and handy gated rear access onto a vehicular width back lane, incredibly handy for bicycle access, maintenance to the rear of the property etc.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: D
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
PLEASE NOTE continued..
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
PLEASE NOTE continued
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.