Devonshire Road, Westbury Park
An incredibly light and spacious (2,314 sq. ft. including cellars) and well-presented 5 bedroom (including bespoke office space), 2 bathroom period family home situated in a prime location close to excellent schools. Further benefiting from the rare advantage of off road parking and cellar storage/workshop space.
Desirable location within the friendly community of Westbury Park, within just 300 metres of Westbury Park School and 900 metres of Redland Green Secondary School, as well as having excellent local shops, cafes, eateries, bus connections and access to the green open spaces of Durdham Downs and Redland Green Park.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule flows into a welcoming entrance hallway with understairs storage and understairs cloakroom/wc, bay fronted sitting room with wide wall opening creating a sociable connection through to a family room, which in turn has double doors through to the rear lobby accessing the rear garden, separate good sized kitchen/dining room with bi-folding doors accessing a balcony and recessed larder/utility.
First Floor: split landing, 3 bedrooms, family bathroom/wc and separate shower room/wc.
Second Floor: 2 further double bedrooms and linen cupboard and further storage.
Fantastic cellar/workshop space, perfect for bicycle storage, garden equipment etc. Also offering further potential for conversion into accommodation, subject to any necessary consents.
Tastefully landscaped rear garden with the rare advantage of parking due to the vehicular rear access and wide double gates.
A well-proportioned home in a great location for families.
- A light and spacious (2,314 sq.ft. including cellars) period family home
- Situated in a prime location close to excellent schools
- 5 bedrooms (including bespoke office space)
- 2 bathrooms
- Off road parking
- Cellar storage/workshop
via pathway leading beside the front garden to the main front door to the property.
high ceilings with ceiling cornicing, original tessellated tiled floor and stained glass door leading through into the entrance hallway.
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, radiator, staircase rising to first floor landing with understairs storage cupboard and understairs cloakroom/wc, exposed stripped floorboards and doors leading off to the through living/family room and the kitchen/breakfast room.
LIVING/FAMILY ROOM: 30' 10'' x 12' 7'' (9.39m x 3.83m)
measured as one but described separately as follows:
bay window to front comprising 4 double glazed sash windows with original stained glass panels over with an open outlook up Berkeley Road opposite, high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing and picture rail, an attractive fireplace with wood surround, mantle and granite hearth, exposed stripped floorboards and wide wall opening through to:
high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, chimney recess with wood burning stove and slate tiled hearth, radiator, exposed stripped floorboards, glazed double doors leading through into a rear lobby providing useful storage and access through to the rear garden.
low level wc, wash hand basin with tiled splashbacks and built in mirror with lighting.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 17' 11'' x 11' 1'' (5.46m x 3.38m)
a sociable kitchen/dining space with a tasteful hand built kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards, drawers and open shelving with central island with breakfast bar providing seating. Aga Rayburn XT (fully serviced) with glass tiled splashbacks behind, space for fridge/freezer and integrated dishwasher and wine fridge. Wall opening connects through to a walk in larder/utility, with built in base units, open shelving, work surface and plumbing for washing machine. The kitchen has ample space for dining table and chairs and tall timber bi-folding doors accessing a balcony, which overlooks the rear garden. High ceilings with ceiling coving, picture rail and inset spotlights. Exposed stripped floorboards and a radiator.
a split landing with doors off to bedroom 1 and bedroom 2 to the front and to the rear doors off to bedroom 3, family bathroom/wc and separate shower room/wc. Staircase continues up to the second floor landing.
BEDROOM 1: 17' 2'' x 15' 9'' (5.23m x 4.80m)
a large double bedroom spanning the width of the house with high ceilings, ceiling coving, wide bay to front comprising 4 double glazed sash windows with further double glazed sash window beside, an attractive period style fireplace, fitted wardrobes with hanging rail and storage space, radiator, exposed floorboards.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 6'' x 11' 1'' (4.42m x 3.38m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, double glazed sash window to rear overlooking rear and neighbouring gardens, built in wardrobe with hanging rail and storage space, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 11' 2'' x 9' 0'' (3.40m x 2.74m)
double glazed sash window to rear overlooking rear and neighbouring gardens, built in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelving, radiator.
freestanding claw foot roll edged bath, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, heated towel rail, sash window to side and wood flooring, shelving.
a walk-in Matki shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, wash hand basin set into wall unit with storage beside and under, extractor fan, inset spotlights, Velux skylight window, part tiled walls, tiled floor and radiator.
Velux skylight window providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell, 2 doors access useful recessed storage space/linen cupboard. Further doors access bedroom 4 and bedroom 5. Access to boarded loft area.
BEDROOM 4: (front) 17' 2'' x 11' 5'' (5.23m x 3.48m)
a double bedroom with large dormer double glazed windows to front offering a lovely outlook up Berkeley Road opposite, built in book casing and bespoke home office furniture, fold up table, radiator, exposed stripped floorboards.
BEDROOM 5: 11' 1'' x 10' 4'' (3.38m x 3.15m)
Velux skylight window to rear and a radiator.
small courtyard front garden with original stone boundary walls, rose beds and hedgerow providing privacy.
Rear & Off Road Parking:
a tastefully landscaped rear garden with large double gates accessing a vehicular rear access lane and providing off road parking for one car. The parking space can double up as a patio seating area in summer. There are lawned sections with built in bench seating and raised planters, a further decked area beneath the balcony with double doors accessing an incredibly useful undercroft cellar storage room/workshop.
WORKSHOP: 22' 1'' x 11' 11'' with approx ceiling height of 5'9" (6.73m x 3.63m/1.75m)
this useful space runs beneath the kitchen/breakfast room and offers ample storage space. The cellar also houses the wall mounted Worcester boiler and pressurised hot water cylinder.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.