Archfield Road | Cotham
A beautifully presented bay-fronted 2 double bedroom, 2 reception room hall floor garden apartment. With a floor area of approximately 105sq.m it is set within a substantial semi-detached Victorian building with semi- open plan kitchen/breakfast/living room, south-west facing rear garden with garden office and off-street parking with EV charging point
Off street parking to rear of property along with EV charging point.
Located in the CM Residents’ Parking Zone if additional parking is required.
Situated on a peaceful wide road yet close to all central areas, local shops of Cotham Road South, Cotham Hill and St Michaels Hill as well as nearby Cotham Gardens Primary School, Cotham School and Cotham Gardens Park.
Currently an entirely owner-occupied building.
Accommodation: entrance hallway, kitchen/breakfast room, opening to sitting reception room, utility room, 2 double bedrooms, bathroom/wc.
Outside: private south westerly facing rear garden with garden office.
The property is most notable for its high ceilings, original features, wonderful light levels and an extensive rear garden with mostly level access.
- Grand & impressive 2 bedroom period apartment
- Set on the hall floor of attractive Victorian building
- Spacious & well-arranged accommodation
- Attractive period features throughout
- Sunny private rear garden with garden office & right of way to side
- Off street parking to rear with EV charger
- Quiet location yet close to amenities
- CM residents parking zone
- All owner occupied building
the property is approached over shared front garden path, up to front communal entrance door with intercom entry system for the 3 flats within the building. A 6-panelled wooden door with stained leaded glass over light and outside lighting leads into:-
COMMUNAL ENTRANCE VESTIBULE:
the private entrance door to the apartment can be found in front.
wooden door with over light into a welcoming reception hall with high ceilings, plaster mouldings, picture rail, exposed polished wooden floorboards, understairs storage cupboard, radiator, wall-mounted electric consumer unit and intercom entry phone.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 16' 1'' x 10' 9'' (4.90m x 3.27m)
beautiful kitchen/breakfast room, currently open plan with the adjacent sitting room, but described separately. Fully fitted kitchen along one wall with solid oak square-edged work surfaces, integrated stainless steel double oven, integrated dishwasher sink with drainer unit and swan neck mixer tap over, 5 ring range-style gas hob with stainless steel extractor hood over. Naturally lit by pedestrian door and over light out to rear garden, and borrowed light from the adjacent sitting room. Twin wall-mounted radiators, picture rail and wooden flooring which continues through to:-
SITTING ROOM: 18' 11'' x 16' 0'' (5.76m x 4.87m)
partially open plan with the adjacent kitchen, rear bay window with 4 wood framed sash windows overlooking the rear garden, wooden flooring continues, twin radiators, fireplace with wooden surround, brick hearth currently housing a wood burning stove. Ornate plaster moulding with central ceiling rose.
UTILITY ROOM: 11' 11'' x 6' 11'' (3.63m x 2.11m)
wood framed double-glazed window to side elevation set over oak-effect roll-edged worksurface, composite sink with drainer unit and swan neck mixer tap, space for washing machine and tumble dryer, a cupboard housing the Vaillant gas fired combi boiler, tiled flooring and further space for American-style fridge/freezer.
accessed via the Utility room it has dual aspect with obscured glazed window to the rear elevation and obscured double-glazed wood framed window to side elevation, wood panelling to half-wall height, tiled flooring which continues from the Utility room. Bathroom suite comprising double-ended bath with side mixer tap and shower attachment, low level c with concealed cistern, square-edged hand basin with mixer tap set into cabinet, mains-fed heated towel rail, large shower cubicle with mains-fed rain head shower and further handheld shower attachment. Further radiator and wall-mounted extractor fan.
BEDROOM 1: 17' 11'' x 14' 11'' (5.46m x 4.54m)
bay window with 4 wood framed sash windows to front elevation. Notable for its particularly ornate plaster ceiling mouldings and central ceiling rose, picture rail and twin radiators.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 9'' x 9' 9'' (4.49m x 2.97m)
twin wood framed sash windows to front elevation, plaster ceiling mouldings, central ceiling rose, picture rail and radiator.
REAR GARDEN: 58' 0'' x 30' 0'' (17.66m x 9.14m)
a generous south westerly facing rear garden with large wooden decked area abutting the property and further gently raised upper section of lawn with timber fencing on to sides and brick wall along one side. Side access to the front of the property (this is also a communal pathway giving access to the off-street parking area via a secure wooden gate at the rear of the garden).
GARDEN OFFICE: 15' 6'' x 7' 4'' (4.72m x 2.23m)
insulated roof and floor, double glazed windows, power, lighting.
to the rear area of the building is an off-street parking area reserved for the residents of 38 Archfield Road installed with a 7kw app controlled charging point.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on1 January 1978. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £50. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.