Greenway Road | Redland
An incredibly inviting and much loved family home on the sunny side of a highly regarded road in Redland. Offering 4 double bedrooms, 3 reception rooms, a large extended kitchen/dining room leading out onto a south-westerly facing level rear garden, and the rare advantage of off road parking.
Elegant principal rooms with wonderful high ceilings, large sash windows and ceiling cornicing, add to the light and welcoming atmosphere of this gorgeous family home.
Versatile accommodation with 4 good sized bedrooms, 3 generous reception rooms, 2 bath/shower rooms, a utility room, extended kitchen and garden/bike store.
Nestled in the heart of Redland in a highly convenient location within just a short level stroll of Whiteladies Road with its numerous restaurants, cafes, shops and bus connections.
Outside: off road parking and front garden with bike/garden store connecting from the driveway at the front to the glorious south-westerly walled rear garden.
An exceptionally attractive and well-located period home coming to the market for the first time in a generation.
- An inviting family home with off road parking and a sunny garden.
- Situated on a highly regarded side road in Redland
- 4 double bedrooms & 3 reception rooms with many period features
- South westerly facing level rear garden
- Extended kitchen/dining room
- South westerly facing level rear garden
- Off road parking
- Bike store
- Ground floor utitlty/shower room
via stone pillars and block paved driveway providing valuable off road parking for one family sized vehicle with a pathway leading beside with attractive stone steps leading up to a covered entrance and main front door to the property, with pathway beside providing an access into an incredibly useful bike store, which links through to the rear garden.
high ceilings with ceiling cornicing, staircase rising to first floor landing and descending to the lower ground floor landing, wall mounted alarm control panel, dado rail, tessellated tiled floor and doors leading off to the sitting room and reception 2/family room.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 14' 7'' excluding bay x 12' 4'' max into chimney recess (4.44m x 3.76m)
an elegant bay fronted sitting room with wonderful high ceilings, ornate ceiling cornicing and central ceiling rose, picture rail, a period style cast iron fireplace with original marble surround and mantle, wide bay to front comprising 3 tall sash windows, overlooking the front garden, radiator and door accessing the Butler’s Pantry, with built in original sideboard and open shelving. The butler’s pantry also inter connects through to reception 2/family room.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: 14' 6'' max into chimney recess x 12' 10'' (4.42m x 3.91m)
a peaceful and sunny reception room at the rear of the property with a south-westerly aspect and view over the rear and neighbouring gardens. High ceilings with ceiling cornicing and picture rail, period style cast iron fireplace with marble surround and mantle and slate hearth, built in book casing to chimney recess, double glazed timber framed sash windows to rear, radiator and door accessing the butler’s pantry.
staircase continuing to the second floor landing, sash window to side providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell, doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and the family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 15' 0'' max into chimney recess x 14' 11'' max into bay (4.57m x 4.54m)
a large peaceful double bedroom with wonderful high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, built in wardrobes, bay window to front comprising 3 sash windows, radiator and door accessing a recessed wardrobe.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 13' 3'' x 11' 6'' max reducing to 8'0" (4.04m x 3.50m/2.44m)
a double bedroom with double glazed sash window to rear, radiator, built in wardrobe, high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail and door accessing recessed linen cupboard.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 10' 2'' x 5' 7'' (3.10m x 1.70m)
a modern family bathroom comprising a white suite with roll edged claw foot bath and free standing mixer taps with shower attachment, low level wc and wash hand basin with towel rail beneath, radiator/heated towel rail, tiled walls to dado height, inset spotlights and dual aspect windows to rear and side.
a Velux skylight window providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell and doors leading off to bedroom 3 and bedroom 4. Access door to roof space storage.
BEDROOM 3: (front) 13' 7'' max x 8' 10'' max taken below sloped ceilings (4.14m x 2.69m)
a double bedroom with a pretty period cast iron fireplace, radiator, double glazed window to front offering wonderful far reaching views over the roof tops of Redland towards the Bath hills in the distance.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) 13' 7'' max x 9' 1'' max taken below sloped ceilings (4.14m x 2.77m)
a double bedroom with radiator, double glazed window to rear overlooking rear and neighbouring gardens and a low level door accessing eaves storage space.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
tiled floor, wall mounted thermostat control for central heating, coat hooks, door accessing understairs storage space and further doors lead into reception 3/lounge, the extended kitchen/dining room and ground floor utility/wet room/wc.
RECEPTION 3/LOUNGE: 14' 11'' max into bay x 19' 10'' max into chimney recess (4.54m x 6.04m)
good sized reception room with high ceilings, ceiling coving, picture rail, wide bay to front comprising 3 sash windows overlooking the front garden, engineered oak flooring, built in cupboards to chimney recess and a radiator.
an incredibly practical and useful ground floor shower room and utility with walk in wet room style shower, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine with worktop and cabinet over (housing fuse box for electrics), wall mounted heated towel rail, tiled walls, tiled floor with underfloor heating and small window to rear.
EXTENDED FAMILY KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 12' 10'' x 14' 5'' max into chimney recess + 11'6" X 9'2" (3.91m x 4.39m + 11'6" X 9'2")
a wonderful sociable family kitchen/dining space on the south-westerly facing rear of the building with modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with granite worktops over and integrated appliances including a stainless steel Bosch oven, 4 ring Neff gas hob and chimney hood over, built in Bosch dishwasher, integrated fridge and wine fridge, central island with overhanging breakfast bar providing seating and wall openings going to the extended dining area filled with natural light provided by the 2 Velux windows and timber framed bi-folding doors to rear. Tiled floor with underfloor heating, further radiator and door off the kitchen accesses an incredibly useful recessed larder (6’0” x 3’0”) (1.83m x 0.91m), with built in shelving and appliance space for fridge/freezer.
OFF ROAD DPARKING & FRONT GARDEN:
the property has the rare advantage of off road parking with an attractive cobbled driveway with low maintenance flagstone courtyard front garden edged with flower borders containing various plants, shrubs and a mature maple tree.
REAR GARDEN: approx 26' 0'' x 20' 0'' + additional side return courtyard (7.92m x 6.09m)
a tastefully landscaped level south-westerly facing rear garden with central lawn section, flower borders containing various plants and shrubs, built in barbeque, paved seating area with garden shed at the bottom of the garden, flagstone terrace wraps around the kitchen extension and the garden is framed with attractive brick and stone boundary walls. To the side of the property there is a door accessing the bike store.
BIKE STORE: 9' 3'' x 6' 6'' max (2.82m x 1.98m)
a ground floor covered walkway providing secure bicycle storage and access through from the rear to the front garden with contemporary flat glass roof panel, flagstone floor and garden tap with drain beneath, perfect for washing bicycles and muddy paws.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.