Howard Road | Westbury Park
A superb 4 bedroom (1 with en suite) semi-detached Edwardian character home situated in a popular location within 900 metres of Redland Green School. Enjoying a lovely large (22ft x 15ft) sociable kitchen spilling out onto a level 45ft x 22ft southerly facing garden PLUS a garden outbuilding/home studio and a storage garage. This is a light and airy beautiful family home.
Situated in the friendly community area of Westbury Park, offering the convenience of the local shops, cafes and restaurants of North View, Henleaze Road and Waitrose supermarket, also within walking distance to the beautiful open spaces of Durdham Downs and Whiteladies Road shops and farmer’s market. Direct bus connections to the City Centre and Temple Meads train station.
The highly regarded Redland Green School is also within just 900 metres and Westbury Park and Henleaze primary schools are circa 400 metres away. In addition the private schools of Badminton and Redmaids High School are within close walking proximity.
Ground Floor: vestibule with period door leading through into the main entrance hallway with handy recessed cloaks area and understairs storage, wonderful bay fronted sitting room with wide bay windows, superb sociable 22ft x 15ft kitchen/dining space flooded with natural light due to the sunny aspect, double doors leading directly onto the garden as well as a further door accessing a generous utility room, which leads through to a ground floor cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: landing with lovely mezzanine study/reading area, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 4 and a large family bathroom/shower/wc.
Second Floor: landing with built in wardrobes, loft converted double bedroom 3 with eaves storage space and a smart shower room/wc.
Outside: pretty front garden and a superb private sunny rear garden with sizeable paved seating area and veranda closest to the kitchen/dining space, perfect for outdoor entertaining. The garden has the rare advantage of doors accessing a storage garage and an outbuilding/garden studio room (15ft x 8ft) with adjoining internal storage area (10ft x 5ft).
An elegant and characterful period home on a popular road offering balanced and well-arranged accommodation with a bright and airy feel throughout.
- A superb semi-detached home with a sunnny garden
- Situated in a popular location within 900 metres of Redland Green School
- 4 bedrooms (1 with en suite)
- A large sociable kitchen (22ft x 15ft)
- Lever 45ft x 22ft southerly facing garden
- garage PLUS outbuilding/home studio
via pathway leading beside the front garden to an attractive covered entrance and the original part stain glassed front door into the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 6' 1'' x 4' 0'' (1.85m x 1.22m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, original tiled floor, low level meter cupboard housing fuse box, electricity and gas meters, part stain glassed period door with attractive stain glassed panels beside and over leads through into the main entrance hallway.
original staircase rising to the first floor landing with generous understairs storage cupboard (also housing Vaillant gas boiler), generous recessed cloaks area at the end of the hallway provides handy built in storage for shoes, coat hooks and built in shelving. Contemporary upright radiator. Doors lead off the entrance hallway into the sitting room and kitchen/dining room.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 16' 3'' max into bay x 16' 2'' max into chimney recess (4.95m x 4.92m)
a lovely broad sitting room with wide box bay to front comprising period windows with attractive stain glassed panels over, feature cast iron fireplace with inset tiles, wood surround and granite hearth, wood flooring, radiator and high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 22' 7'' x 15' 4'' max in kitchen area reducing to 11'7" in dining area (6.88m x 4.67m)
a fabulous sociable kitchen/dining space with a modern fitted kitchen comprising bay and eye level gloss white handleless doors with granite worktops over and central island with inset sink, integrated dishwasher and fridge/freezer, space for range cooker with granite splashback and built in contemporary chimney hood over, wood flooring, high ceilings, inset spotlights and door through to the utility room. Window to rear overlooking the south facing garden and glazed double doors lead out from the kitchen onto the rear garden. Radiator.
UTILITY ROOM: 11' 1'' x 6' 6'' (3.38m x 1.98m)
a generous and practical space with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer, woodblock worktop with inset sink, further work surface with tiled splashbacks, high ceilings with inset spotlights, windows to side and part glazed door to side accessing the rear garden. The utility room has a part glazed door leading through to a ground floor cloakroom/wc.
CLOAKROOM/WC: 6' 3'' x 3' 5'' (1.90m x 1.04m)
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, part tiled walls, windows on three side, radiator and wood flooring.
a split level landing with a charming reading area to the front with period windows and built in book shelving, a staircase continues up from the landing through to the second floor and doors lead off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/shower/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 16' 2'' max into built in wardrobes x 15' 8'' max into bay (4.92m x 4.77m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, wide box bay to front comprising period windows with stain glassed panels over, built in wardrobes to chimney recesses and a radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 15' 4'' x 11' 5'' (4.67m x 3.48m)
high ceilings and picture rail, radiator and period windows overlooking the south facing rear garden.
BEDROOM 4: 8' 3'' x 7' 4'' (2.51m x 2.23m)
high ceilings, picture rail, period windows to rear overlooking the rear garden and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: 15' 0'' x 6' 6'' (4.57m x 1.98m)
white suite comprising a bath tub with tiled surround, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, attractive period part stain glassed windows to side and further high level obscure window to rear, low level contemporary radiator and chrome effect heated towel rail, ceiling coving, inset spotlights and wood flooring.
a dormer to side with double glazed windows offering wonderful roof tops views over the surrounding area towards the Lansdown hills in the distance, sliding doors access a useful recessed wardrobe/storage cupboard and folding door accesses bedroom 3.
BEDROOM 3: 14' 10'' max x 14' 5'' max taken below sloped ceilings (4.52m x 4.39m)
double bedroom with Velux skylight windows to front and rear, low level doors accessing recessed eaves storage space, inset spotlights, radiator, wood flooring and sliding door accessing an en suite shower room/wc.
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
a smart shower room with shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, bowl style sink built into an oak open shelved unit with built in mirror over, built in mirror over, chrome effect heated towel rail, Velux skylight window to front and tiled flooring.
low maintenance front garden mainly laid to stone chippings with hedgerow to front offering privacy and driveway (owned by No. 6 Howard Road) down the side of the building leads towards the garage. No.4 we understand has a right of access over the driveway to their garage. In practice this has never been an issue.
REAR GARDEN: approx 45' 0'' x 22' 0'' max reducing to 15'0" in paved seating area (13.71m x 6.70m)
a fabulous enclosed southerly facing level rear garden with generous paved seating area closest to the property with attractive veranda, wide flower borders with period style edging, further paved seating area closest to the garage and garden studio and doors access the garage and garden studio. There is also an outside tap and gated access out onto the shared driveway.
GARDEN STUDIO: 14' 11'' x 11' 4'' (4.54m x 3.45m)
located at the bottom of the garden, this lovely insulated separate space provides a useful home office with power, lighting, wood flooring and double glazed windows overlooking the rear garden. There is a wall mounted electric heater and door accessing an adjoining secure storage space (10’0” x 5’0”) (3.05m x 1.52m).
STORAGE GARAGE: 10' 8'' x 10' 1'' (3.25m x 3.07m)
accessed via a driveway (owned by No. 6 Howard Road) with double doors. Handy for garden equipment, bicycle storage etc.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council tax Band: F