Caledonia Place | Clifton Village
A stunning, exceedingly spacious and imaginatively extended 2 double bedroom, 2 bath/shower room garden apartment of circa 1,365 sq. ft., of superlative quality throughout and with the immense benefit of a landscaped 50ft south facing garden, set within a fine row of grade II* listed buildings in a central Clifton Village location.
Clifton enjoys an enviable reputation with an eclectic and diverse range of boutique shops, bars, restaurants and further essential services. The architecture is varied and striking with 400 acres of open space found on The Downs just under a mile away.
The property has recently been renovated and modernised throughout with full re-plumbing, wiring and new ventilation system with heat recovery, plus Cat 6 cabling.
There is a stylish, contemporary and well-appointed extended kitchen/family entertaining space with Iroko worktop surfaces and numerous integral appliances including microwave/oven, electric oven, tall fridge/freezer, induction hob with downdraft extractor fan and dishwasher. Full height powder coated aluminium double doors open out to the patio area and garden.
Our vendor clients have also extended to create a much larger principal bedroom again with powder coated aluminium doors and picture window overlooking and opening to the south facing garden. Both double bedrooms enjoy the benefit of high quality ensuites. Bedroom 2 has the benefit of a separate kitchen designed for guests or visiting family.
Accommodation: entrance hallway, plant room/utility, sitting room, 30ft family kitchen/entertaining space, bedroom 1 with ensuite shower room, bedroom 2 with ensuite bathroom.
Outside: front courtyard with two barrelled ceiling storage rooms. 50ft south facing rear garden.
An immaculate period apartment which has been imaginatively re-designed with real panache rarely seen or available, in a central Clifton Village location with extensive private outside space.
- A stunning, imaginatively extended garden apartment
- Exceedingly spacious, circa 1,365 sq. ft.
- 2 double bedrooms (both en-suite)
- Stylish extended kitchen/family entertaining space
- Of superlative quality throughout
- Recently renovated and modernised
- Front courtyard with two barreled ceiling storage rooms
- 50ft south facing rear garden
- Grade II* listed
from the pavement, there are wrought iron railings with wrought iron pedestrian gate and stone steps descending to the front courtyard with covered entrance porch. Private six-panelled front door opening to:-
some 34'10 in length with inlaid entrance mat, acacia hard wood flooring, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, vertical radiator, three wall light points, wall mounted base and eye level cabinetry providing useful storage with complementary shelf and LED strip lighting. Six-panelled door with moulded architraves opening to bedroom 2. Pocket doors opening to the sitting room and bedroom 1. Double doors opening to:-
space and plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer. Wall mounted mechanical ventilation and heat recovery system, hot water cylinder and pressurised tank plus shelving.
EN-SUITE BEDROOM 2: (15' 4'' x 12' 5'') (4.67m x 3.78m)
having a pair of recently replaced wooden multi-paned sash windows to the front elevation with deep sills, acacia hard wood flooring, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, vertical radiator, two wall light points, 5amp lighting. Wall mounted digital thermostat heating control. Pocket doors opening to:-
Kitchenette: (6' 2'' x 5' 10'') (1.88m x 1.78m)
base level handle-less cabinets and drawers, slimline wooden iroko worktop surfaces, undermount stainless steel sink with mixer tap, dual Belling induction hob, acacia hard wood flooring, ceiling light point.
En-Suite Bathroom: (8' 10'' x 5' 5'') (2.69m x 1.65m)
panelled bath with shower screen, built-in shower unit, handheld shower attachment and overhead waterfall style shower. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Wall mounted washstand with square wash handbasin and mixer tap. Fully tiled walls and flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, ceiling light point, wall mounted digital thermostat control for underfloor heating.
EN-SUITE BEDROOM 1:
acacia hardwood flooring, moulded skirtings, three low level LED wall lights, concealed LED strip lighting. Open walkway through to the bedroom. Pocket door opening to:-
En-Suite Bathroom: (8' 7'' x 4' 10'') (2.61m x 1.47m)
large walk-in style shower with low level shower tray, glass screen, built-in shower unit, handheld shower attachment and an overhead waterfall style shower. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Washstand with shaped wash handbasin and mixer tap plus further shelf below. Marble wall tiling and flooring, raised height storage cupboard, heated towel rail/radiator, ceiling light point, wall mounted thermostat digital control for underfloor heating.
BEDROOM: (19' 11'' x 9' 1'') (6.07m x 2.77m)
contemporary aluminium double glazed door with picture window overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden, acacia hardwood flooring, moulded skirtings, aforementioned concealed LED strip lighting, four ceiling light points, vertical radiator, a range of built-in wardrobes with ample hanging rail, shelving and drawer space.
FAMILY KITCHEN/ENTERTAINING SPACE: (30' 2'' x 10' 5'') (9.19m x 3.17m)
measured as one but described separately as follows:-
a stunning, bright and extended kitchen entertaining space with floor to ceiling aluminium double glazed double doors enjoying a southerly aspect that provide access to the profusely well stocked rear garden. Comprehensively fitted with an array of handle-less base and eye level units combining cabinets, drawers and shelving, slimline chamfered Iroko worktop surfaces, stainless steel centre sink tidy with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over. Limestone flag stone flooring, six ceiling light points, recessed LED strip lighting, marble splashback tiling. Integral appliances including microwave/oven, electric oven, tall fridge/freezer, 5 ring induction hob with downdraft, dishwasher. Concealed wall mounted Vaillant gas fired combination boiler.
having two frameless roof lights allowing for plenty of natural light, twinned with exposed Douglas Fir beams, powder coated aluminium double glazed picture window to the rear elevation along with the aforementioned double doors. Built-in Iroko seating area with useful open-fronted storage below, a continuation of the limestone flagstone flooring, moulded skirtings, three ceiling light points, radiator.
SITTING ROOM: (14' 10'' x 12' 6'') (4.52m x 3.81m)
Stone flagged flooring, chimney breast with arched recess and wooden mantelpiece, recessed double opening base level cupboard with complementary shelf and recessed LED strip light over, recesses to either side of chimney breast, vertical radiator, two wall light points, ceiling light point, 5amp lighting, hub for CAT6 cabling.
two useful barrelled ceiling storage rooms
REAR GARDEN: (50' 0'' x 21' 6'') (15.23m x 6.55m)
without question one of the main attributes of this fantastic apartment is the exceptionally large and level south facing rear garden which has been carefully landscaped by the present owners and profusely well stocked. Immediately to the rear of the apartment and accessed via bedroom 1 and the kitchen family entertaining space, there is a limestone flagstone patio with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Two outside water taps and provision to either side of the garden for external lighting. The remainder of the garden is designed for ease of maintenance with Douglas fir borders and an additional seating area with raised beds. Deep borders to either side featuring an array of white and purple flowering perennials. Enclosed on all three sides by stone walling and a variety of fan trained and espaliered fruit trees.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease from 1 January 1984. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
it is understood that the monthly service charge is £116 pcm. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council tax Band: D
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.