Vyvyan Terrace | Clifton
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £600,000 - £625,000
An incredibly bright and spacious 3 double bedroom, 2 reception room maisonette occupying the upper floors of this fine grade II* listed period building in the heart of Clifton. Enjoying plenty of original character, the rare advantage of its own private entrance and a gorgeous sunny roof terrace.
Vyvyan Terrace was built of Bath stone in the 1830s in the slightly earlier late-Georgian style. The architect is thought by Historic England to be Richard Shackleton Pope, one of Bristol’s most influential architects and the designer of such Bristol landmarks as St Mary on the Quay and the Arnolfini. It is considered by English Heritage as " one of the finest of the Regency Clifton terraces”.
Unique amongst upper flats and maisonettes in Vyvyan Terrace and rare in Clifton, the flat has its own private entrance via an elegant neo-classical portico particularly useful for the storage of logs and bicycles.
Prime location in the heart of Clifton Village in an architecturally-distinguished Georgian terrace with beautiful residents communal gardens opposite. Within a short level stroll of the restaurants and shops of Clifton, whilst being within easy reach of all central areas and the green open spaces of the Downs, Ashton Court and Leigh Woods.
Ground Floor: own private entrance and external stairs rising up to the raised terrace where there is an entrance lobby with recessed wc, a second floor landing with doors off to a sitting room, reception 2/family room and kitchen, as well as further understair storage.
Private entrance from pavement level, exclusively for this apartment.
Top Floor: 3 double bedrooms, bath/shower room/wc and separate cloakroom/wc.
Outside: private south easterly facing roof terrace as well as extensive communal residents garden (a modest annual fee for subscription applies).
An exceptional maisonette of a lovely scale in a fabulous location.
- An incredible 3 double bedroom maisonette in Clifton
- Gorgeous private south facing roof terrace
- Rare benefit of it's own private entrance.
- Forming part of this architecturally distinguished terrace
- 2 reception rooms + a separate kitchen
- Exceptional communal residents gardens
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (7' 2'' x 7' 1'') (2.18m x 2.16m)
a welcoming wide entrance hallway with natural light provided by the original feature arched window over, a half flight of stairs rises up to the second floor landing, where there is a recessed study landing area and original staircase rising to the top floor. Video door entry intercom, original exposed stripped floorboards and doors leading off to the sitting room, reception 2/family room, kitchen and a generous understairs storage cupboard.
SITTING ROOM: (rear) (17' 10'' max into chimney recess x 12' 3'') (5.43m x 3.73m)
an elegant sitting room with high ceilings with ceiling coving, picture rail and central ceiling rose, large sash window to rear with working wooden shutters also offers an open outlook down Lansdown Road. Feature fireplace with an approved wood burning stove with marble surround, mantle and granite hearth, original exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and bookcase shelving.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: (front) (17' 10'' x 16' 4'') (5.43m x 4.97m)
high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, 2 large sash windows with working wooden shutters offer a lovely outlook towards the communal gardens and down College Road opposite, feature fireplace with gas coal effect fire and original white marble surround, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and door which inter-connects from the sitting room through to reception 2/family room.
KITCHEN: (12' 6'' x 6' 5'') (3.81m x 1.95m)
a fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with roll edged laminated worktop over and inset 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, integrated eye level stainless steel ovens, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and fridge/freezer, large sash window to front with working wooden shutters and window seat below offers a similar outlook towards the communal gardens as the sitting room. High ceilings with ceiling coving and a radiator.
LANDING: (11' 0'' x 6' 0'') (3.35m x 1.83m)
a spacious landing with some natural light provided by a high level window over, doors off to 3 double bedrooms, the bath/shower room, separate cloakroom/wc and a useful recessed cupboard with access up to the loft space.
BEDROOM 1: (17' 7'' x 11' 0'' max into chimney recess) (5.36m x 3.35m)
a double bedroom with a period fireplace, built in wardrobe to chimney recess, radiator and window to rear with secondary glazing offering an open outlook down Lansdown Road.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (17' 6'' x 10' 3'') (5.33m x 3.12m)
a good sized double bedroom with an attractive period fireplace, 2 windows to front with secondary glazing and a radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (13' 0'' x 15' 6'') (3.96m x 4.72m)
a double bedroom with built in storage cupboards, radiator, built in bookcase and windows to front with secondary glazing.
BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: (10' 8'' x 5' 3'') (3.25m x 1.60m)
a white suite comprising a claw foot roll top bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, corner shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, heated towel rail/radiator, extractor fan, tiled floor, part tiled walls and window to rear with secondary glazing.
CLOAKROOM/WC: (6' 0'' x 3' 2'') (1.83m x 0.96m)
a low level wc, small wall mounted wash basin with tiled splashback, tiled floor and a wall mounted Worcester gas central heating boiler.
SUN TERRACE: (approx. 14' 0'' x 8' 0'') (4.26m x 2.44m)
a sunny south easterly facing private roof garden providing space for enjoyment and outdoor seating.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease from 22 June 2000 This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
it is understood that there is no monthly service charge payable but any costs are split on an as and when basis. The two maisonettes in the building pay 40% of any maintenance costs and the basement flat pays 20%. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: D
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.