College Road | Bishopston
Commanding an elevated position on the first floor of the prestigious Grade II listed Loft House development nestled in a convenient location on the fringes of Bishopston & Ashley Down, an exceptionally well proportioned and finely finished one double bedroom apartment benefitting from an allocated parking space as well as being offered to the market with no onward chain.
Set in a desirable location nestled between Bishopston & Ashley Down being a short distance from the nearby local independent shops, cafes and restaurants along the Gloucester Road as well as being within close proximity to the popular St Andrews Park. Lovely walks through allotments to St Werburgh's City Farm or up onto the vast green open space of Purdown. The property is also near to both Ashley Down and Brunel Field Primary Schools and benefits from direct transport links into the City Centre and the M32 and M4/M5.
Commanding an elevated position on the first floor of an iconic Grade II listed conversion having formally been an orphanage built between 1849-1870, and subsequently a City of Bristol college building before being converted to modern flats recently in 2017.
Finished to a high standard by the current owner, the apartment further benefits from high ceilings throughout (circa 11'5) making the apartment spacious and providing a 'light & airy' feel throughout as a result.
Secondary glazing units are installed to all windows to provide the best mix of character retention and energy efficiency/comfort.
One double bedroom & an allocated parking space.
Offered to the market with no onward chain, enabling a prompt move for investors & first-time buyers alike.
- Commanding an elevated position on the first floor of a grade II listed loft house development
- Nestled between Bishopston & Ashley Down
- A short distance from the Gloucester Road
- Finished to a high standard with high ceilings with a light and airy feel
- One double bedroom
- Allocated parking space
- No onward chain
the property is accessed over a tiled pathway which leads beside a well maintained front lawn housing a variety of shrubs and plants. Three steps take you up to a stone columned storm porch where glass panelled communal entrance door with intercom entry system opens to:-
well-lit and well maintained space, laid with parquet wooden flooring, with turning staircase ascending to the first floor landing. Taking a right, then a left along the corridors leads to the private entrance door which can then be found immediately on the right hand side.
doors radiate to all rooms. Laid with wooden floorboards, inset ceiling downlights, moulded skirting boards, intercom system. There are two large storage cupboards with one having a mechanical ventilation system and space for washer/dryer.
KITCHEN/LIVING ROOM: 19' 10'' x 17' 0'' (6.04m x 5.18m)
open plan room with high ceilings, stripped wooden floorboards, inset ceiling downlights and two ceiling light points, radiators, moulded skirting boards. Plenty of natural light provided by two large sash windows with working wooden shutters and a pleasant outlook. The kitchen comprises an array of stylish wall, base and drawer units with wood effect square edged work surfaces, tiled splashbacks and stainless steel sink and drainer unit. Integrated appliances include fridge/freezer, dishwasher, electric oven and 4 ring induction hob and extractor hood over. There is a freestanding concrete breakfast bar.
BEDROOM: 13' 4'' x 10' 2'' (4.06m x 3.10m)
double bedroom laid with fitted carpet, moulded skirtings boards, ceiling light point, large single sash window to rear with leafy outlook and radiator below.
modern and stylish bathroom comprising low level wc with dual flush, wall-mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap, oversized shower cubicle with glass screen and wall mounted shower and controls, large chrome effect heated towel rail, slate tiled flooring and porcelain herringbone tiled walls, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
The apartment benefits from allocated parking space number 15.
The property also shares a communal bike store and gardens.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease from 29 September 2017. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
it is understood that the monthly service charge is £204. A £50 ground rent is also charged per quarter. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: C
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.