Claremont Avenue | Bishopston
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £870,000 - £890,000
Set within a quiet tree-lined road in Bishopston and within 350 metres of Redland Green Secondary School; a substantial 5 bedroom, 3 reception room, 2 bath/shower room bay fronted Edwardian period family home with 45ft well stocked rear garden.
The accommodation is bright with large, square bay windows, high ceilings and an abundance of period features.
Notable for its conversion, providing three floors of well-balanced accommodation together with stylish kitchen having integrated appliances.
A perfect location - in a friendly and family orientated neighbourhood, set on a peaceful tree-lined side road close to the aforementioned Redland Green Secondary School and all the many cafes, restaurants, independent shops and amenities on Gloucester Road.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, sitting room, second sitting room, dining room, kitchen, separate wc.
First Floor: landing, 3 double bedrooms, family bathroom, shower room.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, 2 further double bedrooms (5 in total)
Outside: pretty front garden, 45ft rear garden with sitting out areas, garden pond and pedestrian rear access.
- Set within a quiet tree-lined road in Bishopston
- A substantial bay fronted Edwardian period family home
- 5 double bedrooms plus two bath/shower rooms
- Bay fronted sitting room (17'3 x 13'9)
- Second sitting room (14'8 x 10'10)
- Dining Room (13'8 x 8'5)
- Stylish kitchen with integrated appliances (15'10 x 8'11)
- Bright well-balanced accommodation
- Large, square bay windows, high ceilings & abundant period features
- Pretty front garden & 45ft rear garden with pedestrian rear access
from the pavement a shaped pathway ascends through a pretty front garden and leads to a canopied entrance porch. Multi-paned wooden door with stained glass fanlight, opening to:-
part stained glass leaded light window to the front elevation, tessellated tiled flooring, coved ceiling, ceiling light point. Double opening part stained glass wooden doors with overlights, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance with exposed wooden floorboards, elegant staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, picture rail, ceiling light point, wall light point, radiator. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (17' 3'' x 13' 9'') (5.25m x 4.19m)
box bay window to the front elevation comprising four part multi-paned sash windows. Open working fireplace with cast iron surround, slate hearth and an ornately carved Carrera marble mantlepiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, picture rail, coved ceiling, two radiators, ceiling light point.
SECOND SITTING ROOM: (14' 8'' x 10' 10'') (4.47m x 3.30m)
having a pair of sash windows overlooking the rear garden, chimney breast with recesses to either side, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, picture rail, coved ceiling, radiator, ceiling light point.
low level dual flush wc, wash hand basin with mixer tap and cupboard below, exposed wooden floorboards, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
DINING ROOM: (13' 8'' x 8' 5'') (4.16m x 2.56m)
sash window to the side elevation. Original Welsh dresser with shelving, drawers and cupboards. Further recessed shelving, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling light point. Open doorway through to:-
KITCHEN: (15' 10'' x 8' 11'') (4.82m x 2.72m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of sleek gloss base and eye level units combining soft closing cabinets and drawers. Roll edged granite effect worktop surfaces with matching upstands, bevel edged splashback tiling and pelmet lighting. 1 ½ bowl stainless steel sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over. Picture window with slate sill and an attractive outlook over the pond and rear garden. Integral appliances including 4 ring gas hob, double electric grill/oven and dishwasher. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for tall fridge/freezer. Tiled flooring, inset ceiling downlights, raised height window to the side elevation, radiator. Part glazed wooden door with overlight opening externally to the rear garden.
a spacious landing with turning staircase ascending to the second floor, moulded skirtings, two ceiling light points, useful storage cupboard. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (17' 3'' x 13' 0'') (5.25m x 3.96m)
box bay window to the front elevation comprising four part multi-paned sash windows, chimney breast with recesses to either side, exposed white painted wooden floorboards, picture rail, coved ceiling, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: (14' 9'' x 10' 11'') (4.49m x 3.32m)
a pair of sash windows overlooking the rear garden, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, picture rail, coved ceiling, ceiling light point, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (11' 3'' x 9' 6'') (3.43m x 2.89m)
sash window overlooking the rear garden, moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (9' 3'' x 7' 2'') (2.82m x 2.18m)
large walk-in style shower cubicle with low level shower tray, wall mounted shower unit and handheld shower attachment. Wash hand basin with mixer tap and pull out drawers below. Low level dual flush wc. Part opaque glazed sash window to the front elevation, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point, extractor fan. Wall mounted Vaillant gas fired combination boiler. Airing Cupboard with space for tumble dryer and slatted shelving above
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (8' 9'' x 8' 1'' max measurements) (2.66m x 2.46m)
panelled bath with waterfall style mixer tap and handheld shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, low level flush wc, tiled walls to dado height, obscure glazed sash window to the side elevation, radiator, ceiling light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with useful eaves storage cupboard at three quarter landing, canopied ceiling with exposed beams. Further storage cupboard. Open doorway to an inner hall with panelled doors opening to:-
BEDROOM 3: (13' 3'' x 9' 5'') (4.04m x 2.87m)
box bay window to the front elevation with four sash appearance windows and far reaching views, wood effect flooring, radiator, ceiling light point. Open fronted built-in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelving.
BEDROOM 4: (10' 10'' x 10' 0'') (3.30m x 3.05m)
picture window to the rear elevation, wood effect flooring, radiator, ceiling light point. Built-in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelving.
designed for ease of maintenance with an assortment of flowering plants and mature shrubs plus established climbing honeysuckle.
REAR GARDEN: (45' 0'' x 17' 5'') (13.71m x 5.30m) + (18'7 x 8'10) (5.66m x 2.69m)
immediately to the rear of the house and accessed via the kitchen there is a brick paviored sheltered sitting out area with useful garden shed. Steps then ascend to the middle tier with attractive garden pond. A shallow flight of steps then ascends to the third tier which is principally laid to lawn and beyond that an attractive patio with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Enclosed on all three sides with brick walls and part trellising with an assortment of climbing plants including clematis and jasmine. Steps up to a pedestrian gate at the rear of the garden giving access onto a useful access lane.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.