Auburn Road | Redland
An exceptionally elegant, characterful and inviting five bedroom, two reception room Victorian semi-detached home, situated on a peaceful yet highly convenient road in the heart of Redland. Enjoying the rare advantage of off-street parking and a south-westerly facing rear garden.
Many original features including high ceilings with ceiling cornicing, sash windows and fireplaces, adding to the appealing and welcoming atmosphere of this elegant period home.
Situated on a peaceful side road in Redland, yet within a short stroll of the independent shops and restaurants of Cotham Hill, Whiteladies Road and Clifton Down Shopping Centre. Bus connections and Clifton Down train station are close by. Central Bristol, the Harbourside and the green open space of the Downs are also within easy reach.
Versatile and well-configured accommodation including five bedrooms (one with en-suite), two separate reception rooms and a comfortable kitchen/dining family space leading directly out onto the sunny garden. Other practicalities include a utility room, lower ground floor shower room/wc and convenient access from the front of the property to the rear garden through the reception hall and conservatory.
Pretty front garden with tastefully landscaped off-street parking and a gorgeous 35ft x 25ft south-westerly facing rear garden stocked with plant life and offering privacy.
An incredibly engaging and attractive period family home in a superb Redland location.
- Engaging 5 bedroom (1 ensuite) period family home
- Attractive Victorian semi-detached building
- Characterful with many original period features
- Versatile & well-configured accommodation
- Off street parking space
- Sociable family kitchen/dining space
- Two elegant reception room
- Pretty front garden & sunny 35ft rear garden
- Superb Redland location
- Close to Whiteladies Road & the Downs
via a pretty front garden providing off street parking for a family sized vehicle, a pathway leads besides with several steps that lead up to the main front door of the house. This opens into the:-
wonderful high ceilings with ceiling coving and ceiling rose, radiator, inset floor mat, coat hooks and feature archway with three steps up into the central hallway. Attractive stained glass door with stained glass panels beside and over, this leads through a conservatory which in turn opens into the rear garden.
staircase rising to first floor landing and descending to the lower ground floor. Doors lead off to the sitting room and reception 2.
SITTING ROOM: 16' 3'' x 14' 1'' (4.95m x 4.29m)
an elegant reception room with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and central rose. Large sash window to rear elevation with working wooden shutters overlooking the south-westerly facing rear garden. Period fireplace with gas stove, built-in bookcasing to either side of the sash window, further feature arch sash window to side elevation providing plenty of natural light, dado rail, radiator. Door accessing a generous walk-in storage cupboard.
RECEPTION ROOM: 16' 3'' x 12' 4'' (4.95m x 3.76m)
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing and central ceiling rose, bay window to front elevation with working wooden shutters, period gas fireplace with gas flame open fire, dado rail, built-in bookcasing and stained glass window to side elevation.
staircase continues to rise to the second floor. Doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and the family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: 16' 3'' x 14' 1'' (4.95m x 4.29m)
a generous principal double bedroom with attractive bay window to front elevation and further stained glass window to side elevation, high ceilings with ceiling cornicing and picture rail, period fireplace, radiator and part stained glass door through to the:
En-Suite Shower Room/WC:
white suite comprising shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, wash handbasin, built-in shelving, inset spotlights, heated towel rail, part tiled walls and feature arched sash window to front elevation.
BEDROOM 2: 16' 4'' x 14' 1'' (4.97m x 4.29m)
a generous double bedroom with sash window to rear elevation, period fireplace, built-in storage cupboards, radiator and part stained glass door accessing a walk-in wardrobe with hanging rail and built-in shelving.
white suite comprising panelled bath with system fed shower over, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, built-in airing cupboard with slatted shelving, inset spotlights, heated towel rail, part tiled walls and sash window to rear elevation
large window to side elevation providing natural light through landings and stairwells, loft hatch accessing a loft storage space. Doors off to bedroom 3 and bedroom 4.
BEDROOM 3: 16' 5'' x 14' 4'' (5.00m x 4.37m)
double bedroom with sash window to rear, period fireplace and radiator.
BEDROOM 4: 16' 3'' x 11' 3'' (4.95m x 3.43m)
double bedroom with two sash windows to front elevation, exposed stripped floorboards, period fireplace, radiator. Door accessing a generous walk-in storage cupboard with skylight that gives access out on to the roof.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
a generous central landing with useful understairs storage cupboard. Doors lead off to bedroom 5/reception 3, the kitchen/dining room, a shower room/wc and lower ground floor entrance lobby, which has useful independent access from the front of the property as well as housing the fuse box for the electrics.
BEDROOM 5/RECEPTION 3: 16' 1'' x 12' 2'' (4.90m x 3.71m)
a lovely peaceful room, currently used as a double bedroom but would work equally well as a third reception room. Sash window to front elevation, wood flooring, period fireplace and period style radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 16' 1'' x 13' 11'' (4.90m x 4.24m)
a beautiful and well-appointed kitchen with a range of base and eye level cupboards and drawers with granite worktop over and inset sink with mixer tap and filtered water tap. Double eye level ovens, Neff induction hob, dishwasher and peninsula unit with wood block worktop, useful pan drawers and integrated fridge. There is ample space for family sized dining furniture. Door accesses a walk-in larder with built-in shelving. Attractive French doors to rear accessing the south-westerly facing rear garden and further part glazed door leads into the:-
UTILITY ROOM: 12' 5'' x 6' 11'' (3.78m x 2.11m)
good sized utility space with built-in base level units and inset sink and wood block worktop. Appliance space for fridge/freezers, washing machine and tumble dryer. Wall mounted Vaillant gas central heating boiler and pressurised hot water tank. Dual aspect windows to rear and side elevations and wood flooring.
white suite with oversized shower enclosure, low level wc, wash handbasin with storage cabinet beneath.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF-STREET PARKING:
the property has the rare advantage of off-street parking (and thus a parking space on the street in front of the parking area) set within the front garden, laid to stone chippings with a mature silver birch tree and hedgerow beside, plus outside tap. Pathway to the opposing side leading up to steps which lead up to the main front entrance, as well as down to the lower ground floor entrance.
REAR GARDEN: 35' 0'' x 25' 0'' (10.66m x 7.61m)
an enchanting south-westerly facing landscaped rear garden with established planting, various seating areas and sunken courtyard closest to the kitchen dining space. The garden is framed with attractive stone boundary walls providing an excellent level of privacy, and enjoys a sunny aspect, outside tap and power sockets, as well as convenient access through the conservatory and reception hall out to the front of the property.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: F
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.