0117 946 6690
- An inviting and well-presented 4 bedroom character home in the heart of Bishopston
- Wonderful 74ft x 18ft level rear garden
- Excellent schools including Bishop Rd and Redland green (850m)
- 2 reception rooms plus a fabulous sociable kitchen dining room
- Loft conversion with juliette balcony and en-suite shower room
- Many retained period features
An inviting and well-presented 4 bedroom (1 with en suite), 2/3 reception room character home situated in the heart of Bishopston within just 700 metres of Bishop Road School and 850 metres of Redland Green School. Further benefiting from a large sociable kitchen/dining room and a wonderful large (74ft x 18ft) level rear garden.
Many original features including sash windows, some fireplaces and exposed stripped floorboards.
Situated on the well-regarded Monmouth Road with a friendly community feel, offering the convenience of the independent shops, restaurants and cafes of Gloucester Road nearby, also within 200 metres of Bishop Road Primary School and 850 metres of Redland Green School.
Ground Floor: vestibule leads through to an entrance hallway with generous understairs storage, lovely bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/family room, 26ft x 10ft kitchen/dining room with wide wall opening to an adjoining sun room, which accesses the splendid rear garden.
First Floor: split landing, principal bay fronted bedroom, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing, loft converted double bedroom with en suite shower room/wc and useful eaves storage cupboards.
Outside: level courtyard front garden and truly magnificent 74ft x 18ft level lawned rear garden with well stocked flower borders, garden shed and mature apple tree.
A well-located Victorian property offering plenty of space and a larger than average rear garden.
via garden gate and tiled pathway leading beside a low maintenance level front garden to the main front door of the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 10' 8'' x 4' 0'' (3.25m x 1.22m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, original tessellated tiled floor, coat hooks and dado rail. An attractive period part stained glass door with glazed panel over leads through into the main entrance hallway.
staircase rising to the first floor landing, wood floor, high ceilings, radiator and doors off to the sitting room, reception 2 and kitchen/dining room.
SITTING ROOM: 14' 8'' max into bay x 12' 4'' max into chimney recess (4.47m x 3.76m)
a peaceful bay front sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail, an attractive period style cast iron fireplace with surround and tiled hearth, built in book shelving with storage cupboards beneath to chimney recesses, wide bay to front comprising 4 sash windows, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, cable television and telephone point.
RECEPTION 2: 12' 7'' x 10' 10'' max into chimney recess (3.83m x 3.30m)
a good sized reception room with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, original built in display and storage cabinet to chimney recess, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and part glazed door accessing the sun room, which in turn flows through into the kitchen/dining room.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 26' 9'' x 10' 0'' (8.15m x 3.05m)
a good sized sociable kitchen/dining space with a modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with solid wood worktop over and inset 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, stainless steel electric oven with 4 ring gas hob and chimney hood over, further appliance space and plumbing for washing machine, dishwasher and fridge/freezer, overhanging breakfast bar providing seating, ample space for dining table and chairs, built in Victorian pine sideboard, large window to rear overlooking the rear garden, door accessing recessed understairs storage space, radiator and wide wall open connecting into the sun room.
SUN ROOM: 16' 6'' x 5' 9'' (5.03m x 1.75m)
a wonderful light extension with glazed roof light panels, tiled flooring and part double glazed French doors to rear accessing the rear garden.
staircase continuing up to the second floor with useful understairs storage space and doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 16' 9'' x 12' 0'' (5.10m x 3.65m)
a double bedroom with 3 large sash windows to front, exposed stripped floorboards, an attractive cast iron period style fireplace, built in wardrobe to chimney recess and a radiator.
BEDROOM 3: 17' 10'' x 11' 0'' max into chimney recess (5.43m x 3.35m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, large sash window to rear overlooking neighbouring gardens, radiator and an attractive period style cast iron fireplace.
BEDROOM 4: 10' 1'' x 7' 7'' (3.07m x 2.31m)
high ceilings, sash window to rear, radiator, cast iron period fireplace and exposed stripped floorboards.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 6' 6'' x 5' 7'' (1.98m x 1.70m)
white suite comprising double ended bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment, further system fed shower over with glass shower screen, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, radiator, tiled floor, part tiled walls, obscure double glazed window to side and inset spotlights.
inset spotlights, small double glazed sash window to rear and door accessing bedroom 2.
BEDROOM 2: 15' 6'' x 13' 4'' max into recess & inclusise of en suite (4.72m x 4.06m)
loft converted double bedroom with glazed double doors with Juliette balcony to rear offering a fabulous view over rear and neighbouring gardens and rooftops of the surrounding area, inset spotlights, doors accessing generous eaves storage spaces, skylight window to front, radiator, inset spotlights and door accessing:
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
white suite comprising shower enclosure with Mira electric shower, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin with tiled splashbacks and built in mirror over, shaver point, extractor fan, inset spotlights and obscured double glazed window to rear.
low maintenance level front garden mainly laid to slate chippings, low level boundary wall to front and hedgerow offering privacy.
Rear: approx 74' 0'' x 18' 0'' (22.54m x 5.48m)
a fabulous level lawned rear garden with curved edged flower borders containing various shrubs and plants, paved seating area closest to the property and further circular seating area half way up. Towards the bottom of the garden there is a large garden shed, a mature apple tree and a compost area.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.