0117 946 6690
- An attractive and tastefully updated Edwardian period terraced home
- 4 double bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
- Bay fronted sitting room with wide wall opening through to dining room
- Impressive family kitchen/breakfast room
- Front courtyard
- South-westerly facing level rear garden
An attractive and tastefully updated 4 double bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, Edwardian period terraced home located within just 300m of Westbury Park Primary School and 900m of Redland Green Secondary School, on a desirable and peaceful road and further benefitting from an impressive family kitchen/breakfast room and a south-westerly facing level rear garden.
Fabulous location in a friendly and welcoming community area with the convenience of having the North View shops, Waitrose supermarket and Durdham Downs all nearby and within just a few hundred metres of Westbury Park Primary School and circa 900 metres of Redland Green Secondary School making it an ideal location for families.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room with wide wall opening through to dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: split level landing, three double bedrooms, family bathroom.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, double bedroom (4 in total), shower room.
Outside: front courtyard, south-westerly facing level rear garden
A beautiful period home with a stylish and civilised interior and a pleasing layout.
from the pavement, there is a dwarf brick wall with wrought iron gate opening onto a pathway leading alongside the front courtyard to the front entrance. Solid wooden door with lantern light and stained glass fanlight, opening to:-
original tessellated tiled flooring, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing and ceiling light point. Part stained glass door with overlight opening to:-
simple moulded cornicing, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, engineered whitewashed wooden flooring, two ceiling light points, elegant staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles, understairs storage cupboard, radiator, raised height main switchboard control cupboard. Six-panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture opening to the sitting and dining room. Part glazed wooden door opening to the kitchen/breakfast room. Door to cloakroom/wc.
SITTING & DINING ROOM: (28' 2'' x 13' 0'' max into bay window) (8.58m x 3.96m)
loosely divided as follows:-
Sitting Room: (13' 1'' x 12' 0'') (3.98m x 3.65m)
wide bay window to the front elevation comprising four sash appearance double glazed windows with half height louvred shutters. Central period fireplace with cast iron surround, decorative tiled slips, tiled hearth and an ornately carved wooden mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling rose, ceiling light point and radiator. Wide wall opening through to:-
Dining Room: (13' 4'' x 11' 1'') (4.06m x 3.38m)
tall double glazed window to the rear elevation, period fireplace with decorative tiled slips and hearth plus ornately carved mantelpiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, both with fitted bookshelving, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling rose, ceiling light point and radiator.
low level dual flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap and splashback tiling, moulded skirtings, inset ceiling downlights.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (21' 8'' x 10' 2'' max) (6.60m x 3.10m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of panelled base and eye level units comprising drawers and cabinets, roll edged granite worktops with matching upstands, ceramic centre sink with draining board to side and mixer tap, splashback tiling, pelmet lighting, fitted dresser comprising roll edged wooden work surface, drawers, cupboards and glazed display cabinets, period fireplace with decorative tiled slips and copper beaten fire hood, integral electric oven and 5 ring gas hob with extractor hood, integral microwave, integral dishwasher, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for tall fridge/freezer, tiled flooring, two ceiling light points, two double glazed windows to the side elevation, Velux skylight window, Airing Cupboard housing wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler with obscure glazed window to rear elevation, radiator. Anthracite upvc double glazed sliding doors overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden.
SPLIT LEVEL LANDING:
tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling rose with light point, loft access, staircase ascending to the second floor. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (17' 3'' x 11' 11'') (5.25m x 3.63m)
ornate cast iron fireplace with decorative tiled slips and hearth, bay window comprising four double glazed windows plus additional window to the front elevation, moulded skirtings, moulded cornicing, two radiators, two ceiling light points.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 5'' x 11' 1'') (4.09m x 3.38m)
ornate cast iron fireplace with decorative tiled slips and hearth, recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with fitted wardrobing and cupboards), full double glazed window to the rear elevation, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (11' 1'' x 10' 0'') (3.38m x 3.05m)
ornate cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with fitted wardrobe and cupboards), double glazed window to the rear elevation, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling rose and light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (6' 2'' x 6' 1'') (1.88m x 1.85m)
panelled bath with mixer tap, fully tiled surround, wall mounted shower unit and an overhead circular shower plus handheld shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc. Pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps. Tessellated tiled flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, ceiling light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell and enjoying plenty of natural light with double glazed window to the rear elevation, moulded skirtings, inset ceiling downlight. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (6' 10'' x 3' 10'') (2.08m x 1.17m)
double width shower cubicle with sliding glass door and wall mounted shower unit plus overhead circular shower and handheld shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc. Pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap. Tessellated tiled flooring, tiling to tiled dado rail, double glazed window to the rear elevation, heated towel rail/radiator, shaver point, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 4: (17' 3'' x 14' 1'') (5.25m x 4.29m)
dual aspect with dormer window to the rear elevation and two Velux skylight windows to the front elevation, high sloping ceilings with inset ceiling downlights, moulded skirtings, two radiators, useful eaves storage cupboards.
designed for ease of maintenance and paved with pittosporum hedge border providing a good amount of privacy, an established climbing jasmine and wisteria provides an attractive feature.
REAR GARDEN: (21' 2'' x 16' 9'' plus 21'11 x 5'11 side return) (6.45m x 5.10m plus 6.68m x 1.80m)
enjoying a sunny south-westerly orientation and level, immediately to the rear of the kitchen/breakfast room there is a patio with space for table and chairs and this continues to the side return, section of lawn, well stocked borders featuring an array of flowering plants, mature shrubs and climbing plants, pear tree, outside water tap, gate to rear access pathway.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold with an annual rent charge of £5.25 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.