0117 946 6690
- A large (over 3000 sq ft) and impressive family home
- 5 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms (+study)
- 55ft x 28ft rear garden
- Single garage providing off street parking and storage
- circa 600m from Redland Green School
A large and most impressive 5 double bedroom, 3 reception room (plus study) Edwardian semi-detached family residence situated within just 150 metres of Westbury Park School and within 600 metres of Redland Green School. Enjoying a wealth of original features and generous accommodation including a 22ft x 19ft sociable kitchen/breakfast room which leads directly onto a 55ft x 28ft rear garden, as well as having the rare advantage of a good sized single garage providing off street parking.
Perfect location for families with the highly regarded Westbury Park Primary School within just 150 metres and Redland Green Secondary School within 600 metres as well as also being just round the corner from the green open spaces of Redland Green Park and nearby Durdham Downs. The local shops and amenities of Coldharbour Road and North View, as well as the Orpheus cinema, Waitrose supermarket and bus connections to central areas are also within easy reach.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule with original stained glassed door leading through into a fabulous reception hallway with staircase rising to first floor landing and descending to the lower ground floor. Doors off to a 20ft x 14ft bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/family room with a leafy vista to the rear, reception 3 and adjoining storage/boiler cupboard.
Lower Ground Floor: recessed snug/study landing flows into a sociable 22ft x 19ft kitchen/dining space with double doors providing level access onto the rear garden. Utility room, cloakroom/wc and internal hobby space/home office.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 5 (currently used as a dressing room as it also adjoins bedroom 1) and large family bathroom/wc with free standing bath and walk in shower.
Second Floor: light filled landing, 2 double bedrooms, study and a further large bathroom/wc.
Outside: the property is set back from the road with a pretty front garden and hedgerow offering screening. To the rear of the property there is a fantastic 55ft x 28ft landscaped rear garden with the rare advantage of access to a good sized (18ft x 11ft) single garage providing off street parking and storage.
A fantastic period home of superb proportions offering the versatility and space which families require.
via garden gate leading through pretty arched hedgerow where there is a central pathway leading through a well-stocked front garden to the main front door of the property. The pathway also runs around to the right hand side of the house where there is gated side access through to the rear garden. Outdoor lights and power.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 9' 11'' x 4' 0'' (3.02m x 1.22m)
a generous vestibule with ample space for coats and shoes with decorative original cornicing, exposed period floorboards and part stained glassed period door, with stained glassed panels above and beside, leading through into the central entrance hallway. Boxed in electric and gas meters.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 16' 6'' x 10' 2'' max inclusive of staircase (5.03m x 3.10m)
a magnificent entrance hallway with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail, impressive period staircase rises to first floor landing, glazed panels with glass door beside provide natural light through the stairwell descending to the lower ground floor. Original floorboards, dado rail, contemporary upright radiator and doors leading off to the sitting room, reception 2/family room and reception 3.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 20' 2'' max into bay x 14' 0'' max into chimney recess (6.14m x 4.26m)
a wonderful principal reception room with high ceilings, decorative cornicing and picture rail, impressive open fire with white Carerra marble surround and slate hearth, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and cable tv point.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: (rear) 19' 1'' max into bay x 13' 10'' max into chimney recess (5.81m x 4.21m)
a lovely bright reception room to the rear of the property with high ceilings, original cornicing and picture rail, radiator, exposed painted floorboards, period style cast iron fireplace with decorative oak wood surround with mantle and slate hearth. Two large sash windows to rear offer a lovely leafy outlook over the rear garden towards the treetops in Redland Green Park.
RECEPTION 3: 15' 7'' max x 9' 5'' max into chimney recess (4.75m x 2.87m)
a third reception room which could be used for a number of purposes with a large sash window overlooking the rear garden and door to rear accessing an internal boiler room/store. The current owners used it as a study as there are telephone and cable points but currently used for storage.
useful additional storage space which also contains the pressurised hot water cylinder for the central heating system.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Staircase descends from the entrance hallway down into the lower ground floor where there is a snug/study landing which flows through into the kitchen/breakfast room. There are also doors leading off to an internal hobby room and stable style door leads off the kitchen through to the utility room.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 22' 7'' max into chimney recess x 19' 1'' max into French doors (6.88m x 5.81m)
(+ additional study landing/snug (16'6" x 8'7" inclusive of staircase) (5.03m x 2.62m) a hand built solid wood kitchen comprising original solid pine dresser, base and eye level cupboards and drawers with solid Iroko worktops over with inset double sink, chimney recess with appliance space for large range cooker with tiled splashbacks and extractor fan over, further plumbing and appliance space for dishwasher and American fridge/freezer, central island with granite worktop, upright and floor standing radiators, space for a family sized dining table and chairs, useful understairs recess and snug/study area with built in book shelving. Double glazed sash window to rear and further part double glazed doors providing a seamless access out onto the rear garden. Stable style door accessing the utility room and further door accessing the internal hobby space.
INTERNAL STUDY/HOBBY SPACE: 12' 8'' min x 10' 0'' min (3.86m x 3.05m)
a useful internal space currently used as a home office with tiled flooring, radiator and extractor fan.
UTILITY ROOM: 9' 0'' x 6' 6'' (2.74m x 1.98m)
industrial style stainless steel double sink and drainer with plumbing for washing machine beneath and tiled flooring, radiator and handmade Iroko stable door accessing the rear garden, further door accesses the cloakroom/wc.
CLOAKROOM/WC: 6' 5'' x 3' 2'' (1.95m x 0.96m)
low level wc, pedestal wash basin with glass tiled splashbacks, wall mounted Worcester boiler, appliance space for dryer, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
spacious landing with staircase continuing up to the second floor landing, exposed stripped floorboards and doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 5 (currently used as a dressing room as it also adjoins the principal bedroom) plus a large family bathroom.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 20' 1'' max into bay x 13' 10'' max into chimney recess (6.12m x 4.21m)
a large principal double bedroom with bay window to front comprising 4 attractive period sash windows offering an open outlook over Coldharbour Road towards St Albans Church. Pretty period fireplace with inset tiles, tiled hearth and high level wood surround and mantle, high ceilings with ceiling coving, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and door inter-connecting into bedroom 5 (currently used by the vendors as a dressing room).
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 15' 8'' x 13' 0'' max into chimney recess (4.77m x 3.96m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings and ceiling coving, 2 large sash windows to rear offering a lovely open outlook towards Redland Green Park. There is a pretty period fireplace with inset tiles and original tiled hearth, exposed stripped floorboards and a radiator.
BEDROOM 5: 10' 10'' x 10' 2'' max (3.30m x 3.10m)
(currently used as a dressing room as it inter-connects with bedroom 1) a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and 2 large sash windows to front offering a similar outlook as bedroom 1, exposed stripped floorboards, an attractive period fireplace and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 10' 6'' x 9' 2'' (3.20m x 2.79m)
period archway into a good sized family bathroom with walk in oversized shower enclosure, free standing claw foot bath, low level wc and 2 marble bowl sinks set into a solid teak wood vanity unit with open shelving and drawers beneath, part tiled walls, tiled floor, inset spotlights, extractor fan, radiator and heated towel rail and 2 obscure glazed sash windows to rear.
skylight windows flooding the landing and stairwell with natural light and doors leading off to bedroom 3, bedroom 4, a second family bathroom and a study.
BEDROOM 3: (front) 17' 2'' x 11' 6'' max taken below sloped ceiling (5.23m x 3.50m)
a double bedroom with exposed stripped floorboards, 2 sash windows to front, period fireplace and radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) 16' 6'' x 11' 4'' taken below sloped ceiling (5.03m x 3.45m)
double bedroom with window to rear offering a lovely leafy outlook over Redland Green Park, exposed stripped floorboards, period fireplace, radiator and inset spotlights.
STUDY: 11' 0'' x 6' 4'' taken below sloped ceiling (3.35m x 1.93m)
currently used for storage but could be a useful home office/study area as has computer points and telephone points, Velux skylight window, exposed stripped floorboards and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 12' 4'' max taken below sloped ceiling x 11' 0'' (3.76m x 3.35m)
a generous bathroom with a claw foot bath with mixer tap and system fed shower over, pedestal wash basin, low level wc, radiator/towel rail and 2 Velux skylight windows to the rear.
REAR GARDEN: approx 55' 0'' x 28' 0'' max (16.75m x 8.53m)
landscaped rear garden with generous paved seating area closest to the property, central pathway leads through the garden with further seating area to one side and planted border with garden shed to the other side, outside tap, useful gated side access up to the front of the property and the pathway continues to the lower section of the garden where there is a compost area, further planting with trees and double doors accessing the garage.
GARAGE: 18' 0'' x 11' 11'' with door opening width of approx 8'0" (5.48m x 3.63m/2.44m)
generous single garage with space for a car and storage. Electric up and over door and pitched roof and double doors leading from the garage directly into the rear garden. The garage is one of a rank of garages accessed off Cossins Road via a secure lockable gate.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with an annual rent charge of £8. This information should be checked by your legal adviser. PLEASE NOTE:
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.