0117 946 6690
- An elegant and well-proportioned semi-detached Victorian townhouse
- 4 double bedrooms, 3 reception rooms, 3 bath/shower rooms
- Lovely atmosphere with many period features
- Off street parking for one vehicle, enclosed rear garden
An elegant and well-proportioned, 4 double bedroom, 3 reception room, 3 bath/shower room semi-detached Victorian town house on a much sought after road with off street parking and a sunny fully enclosed rear garden, conveniently located close to the many amenities of Cotham Hill, Chandos Road and Whiteladies Road.
Coveted location - a popular road in a friendly neighbourhood within 0.25 miles of Whiteladies Road, handy for the Downs, Redland Green park nearby and with easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, lively Gloucester Road, Bristol University, numerous private and state schools, main hospitals, BBC plus Cotham Gardens. Redland and Clifton Down local train stations nearby.
Lovely atmosphere with many period features including fireplaces, ornate ceiling plasterwork, multi-paned sash windows etc., sunny fully enclosed rear garden.
Ground Floor: reception hall, study/office, drawing room with wide wall opening through to sitting room, rear lobby.
Lower Ground Floor: semi open-plan kitchen and family/dining room, bathroom, utility room, store room.
First Floor: landing, two double bedrooms, shower room, separate wc.
Second Floor: landing, two further double bedrooms (4 in total), bathroom, store room.
Outside: off street parking for one vehicle, enclosed rear garden with well stocked borders.
An outstanding period residence offering gracious and well laid out accommodation with so much to appreciate and savour - location, facilities, atmosphere, character and lots of light and space.
via side path and brick paviored driveway to main front entrance door. Solid wood panelled front door with fanlight and outside light, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (14' 8'' x 5' 10'' plus 6'5 x 3'11) (4.47m x 1.78m plus 1.96m x 1.19m)
a most welcoming entrance, with central ceiling arch, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings and multi-paned sash window to the front elevation. Elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and spindles. Double opening cloakroom cupboard, two ceiling light points, radiator. Four-panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
STUDY/OFFICE: (10' 8'' x 4' 8'') (3.25m x 1.42m)
sash window overlooking the rear garden, tall moulded skirtings, radiator, fitted bookshelving, ceiling light point.
DRAWING ROOM: (front) (12' 11'' x 12' 1'' max into chimney recess) (3.93m x 3.68m)
having a virtually full height bay window to the front elevation comprising three multi-paned sash windows. Central period fireplace with open fire, cast iron surround, ornately carved wooden mantelpiece and slate hearth. Tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose and recesses to either side of the chimney breast. Fitted bookshelving, two radiators, ceiling light point. Wall opening with deep moulded architraves and double opening four-panelled doors through to:-
SITTING ROOM: (rear) (13' 0'' x 12' 1'' max into chimney breast) (3.96m x 3.68m)
large multi-paned sash window overlooking the rear garden. Central period fireplace with open fire, cast iron surround, ornately carved wooden mantelpiece and slate hearth. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with fitted bookshelving). Tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing and an ornate ceiling rose. Radiator and ceiling light point.
REAR LOBBY: (5' 11'' x 5' 11'') (1.80m x 1.80m)
exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, sash window overlooking the rear garden. Stairs descending to the lower ground floor.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
SUPERB SEMI OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN & FAMILY/DINING ROOM: (26' 2'' x 16' 8'') (7.97m x 5.08m)
a good sized dual aspect room, loosely divided as follows:-
comprehensively fitted with an array of cream coloured shaker style units with a combination of drawers, cabinets, shelving and wine rack. Solid wooden worktop surfaces with panelled splashback and pelmet lighting, Belfast style sink with mixer tap. Rangemaster cooker set into chimney breast recess with tiled surround and lintel above (range cooker available by separate negotiation). Space for tall fridge/freezer, space for freezer and space for dishwasher. Exposed wooden floorboards, multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, inset ceiling downlights, ceiling light point. Wide open through to:-
part multi-paned double doors and additional singular door overlooks and opens externally to the rear garden. Central period fireplace with cast iron surround, decorative tiled slips, ornately carved mantelpiece and slate hearth. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, two radiators, two ceiling light points. Doors opening to:-
BATHROOM/WC: (6' 0'' x 5' 5'') (1.83m x 1.65m)
panelled bath with hot and cold water taps and wall mounted electric shower with handheld shower attachment. Wall mounted wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps. Low level wc. Partially tiled walls and timber panelling to dado height, obscure glazed window to the rear elevation, exposed wooden floorboards, radiator, extractor fan, inset ceiling downlight. Airing Cupboard housing Vaillant gas fired combination boiler.
UTILITY ROOM: (8' 4'' x 3' 9'' max measurements) (2.54m x 1.14m)
wooden worktop surface with inset stainless steel sink, draining board to side and hot and cold water taps. Tiled flooring, barrelled ceiling, radiator, fitted shelving, space and plumbing for washer/dryer, wall light point.
STORE ROOM: (9' 11'' x 3' 9'') (3.02m x 1.14m)
part restricted head height, tiled flooring, extractor fan, illuminate strip light.
staircase rises from the reception hall via lower half landing at mezzanine level with separate wc located off. Large multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, radiator, ceiling light point. Turning staircase ascending to the second floor. Four-panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (12' 10'' x 12' 0'') (3.91m x 3.65m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising three multi-paned sash windows. Period fireplace with cast iron surround, mantelpiece and slate hearth. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 1'' x 12' 0'') (3.98m x 3.65m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, period fireplace with ornately carved mantelpiece, moulded skirtings, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
located at lower mezzanine level off the half landing; low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, obscure glazed window to the rear elevation, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
SHOWER ROOM: (5' 11'' x 4' 0'' plus door entrance area) (1.80m x 1.22m)
walk-in shower cubicle with wall mounted electric shower and handheld shower attachment plus fully tiled surround. Pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps. Obscure glazed sash window to the front elevation, timber panelling to dado height, radiator, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
staircase continues rising from the first floor, door off to store room at mezzanine level, double opening cupboard, ceiling light point. Four-panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 3: (front) (12' 10'' x 12' 0'') (3.91m x 3.65m)
a pair of multi-paned sash windows to the front elevation, fireplace with slate hearth and recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (13' 0'' x 12' 0'') (3.96m x 3.65m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, fireplaces with slate hearth and recesses to either side of the chimney breast, fitted shelving, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point. Loft access.
STORE ROOM: (6' 2'' x 2' 9'') (1.88m x 0.84m)
located off the mezzanine level; sash window to the rear elevation.
BATHROOM/WC: (5' 11'' x 4' 1'' plus 5'6 x 3'0) (1.80m x 1.24m plus 1.68m x 0.91m)
panelled bath with mixer tap and telephone style shower attachment. Pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps. Low level wc. Timber panelled to dado height, wood effect flooring, obscure glazed window to the front elevation, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
FRONT GARDEN: (25' 0'' x 22' 0'') (7.61m x 6.70m)
brick paviored driveway parking for one vehicle with deep shrub borders to either side, further enclosed by low brick/stone boundary walls.
REAR GARDEN: (25' 0'' x 24' 0'') (7.61m x 7.31m)
enjoying a good amount of privacy and a sunny aspect. Lower gravelled courtyard area with steps up to a timber deck which offers ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Raised height deep shrub borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. Side pedestrian gate onto Woodland Terrace.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As from the 1st April 2018 there will be a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to normally have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations will come into force for new lets and renewals of tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption [eg the building is Listed]. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.