0117 946 6690
- An inspirational town house
- Warm industrial style
- Circa 3,000 sq. ft of design-led living
- Stunning c. 1000 sq.ft. open plan living space
- Exceptional master suite and ensuite shower
- 2 or 3 further bedrooms
- Large work from home space / Bedroom 2
- Far reaching city scape views
- Beautiful landscaped rear garden
- 2 parking spaces plus EV charging point
An inspirational, architecturally designed town house, constructed in 1991 and having undergone a no expense spared, imaginative and eco-friendly renovation to become one of the finest residences that Bristol has to offer.
Circa 3,000 sq. ft. of design-led living, 'low-key luxe' with a warm industrial style - think glass, concrete and painted brick walls - with a focus on light and space.
The house combines a rare combination of very high-end design and specification yet retains a relaxed, comfortable and laidback feel. The standout features are the full height light well which fills the house with natural light, far reaching cityscape views and the superb, almost 1,000 sq. ft. open plan living space.
The remaining accommodation offers a sumptuous master bedroom with generous en-suite and full width windows with cityscape views, an additional large snug/tv room, an entrance hall, 2 further bedrooms served by a family bathroom and an inspiring studio space/additional bedroom with a completely private 'gin and tonic' terrace.
Well planned and valuable ancillary rooms on the ground floor include a 'butler's pantry', walk-in larder, laundry and boot room - all impeccably finished.
Outside there is a beautiful, landscaped rear garden - designed and planted to attract bees - a calm and tranquil oasis in central Bristol. There is also a side courtyard with ferns and a productive fig tree. Access from both courtyard and rear garden to a useful bespoke storage shed.
At the front there are 2 parking spaces and preparation for an EV charging point.
The house benefits from a most discrete and private approach, even residents of Kingsdown might have difficulty locating the house, yet the understated exterior couldn't be more in contrast to the stunning interior.
The Kingsdown area is an intriguing and relaxed neighbourhood. Located centrally but up high with fine cityscape views. Offers close and convenient access to the academic and medical districts, Gloucester Road, Whiteladies Road, Park Street, the city centre and the Harbourside, all of which is within walking distance.
There are a number of friendly local pubs, 2 convenience stores and the Michelin starred restaurant 'Bullrush' all within a short walk.
large courtyard shared with neighbouring properties and studio-office premises opposite. Timber door opening into:-
glass brick and casement window to side elevation, painted brick walls, concrete console shelf, column radiator, understairs storage cupboard, painted timber door opening into:-
SNUG/TV ROOM: (21' 3'' x 12' 2'') (6.47m x 3.71m)
there is an immediate wow factor from the light well and view to the open plan living area below. Stairs rise to the guest bedrooms, bathroom and large studio. Open landing 'bridge' leading to the master bedroom suite, cast concrete staircase leading to the ground floor living space. Reclaimed herringbone oak parquet floor.
2 casement double glazed windows to side elevation, bespoke column radiator, bespoke storage cupboards and drawers.
MASTER BEDROOM: (17' 3'' x 14' 4'') (5.25m x 4.37m)
continuation of parquet floor, full width triple-glazed window to rear elevation with stunning cityscape views and Dundry and Lansdown Hills in the far distance. Painted beamed ceiling, air conditioning unit, column radiator, range of bespoke fitted wardrobes and drawers. Large opening into:-
En-Suite Shower Room:
large walk-in shower with Hansgrohe Axor overhead 'rain' and flexible shower heads, marble tiled walls and porcelain walk-in shower floor, large glass shower screen, column radiator and matching heated towel rail, Duravit WC, Duravit double wash hand basin with 2 monobloc mixer taps.
The ground floor has underfloor heating throughout.
LIVING/DINING/KITCHEN AREA: (37' 10'' x 25' 2'') (11.52m x 7.66m)
an incredible sense of light from the full height light well and the sociable and huge, 975 sq. ft. open plan space. Full width double glazed steel windows to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden. Feature rotating eco storage wood burning stove. Large format tiled floor throughout the ground floor.
fitted with Bulthaup B3 kitchen units and a combination of stainless steel and wooden working surfaces, Gaggenau electric induction hob. Stainless steel sink with Bulthaup mixer tap. Space for range cooker and space for large American style fridge/freezer. Gaggenau electric oven and fridge. Recessed ceiling extractor, partially tiled walls, steel windows to side elevation overlooking the courtyard garden. Bespoke built in 'Gin-bar' glazed cupboards and shelving.
Quartz 'marble' worksurfaces with bespoke painted timber base units and open shelving above, fitted glazed crockery cabinets and bespoke hardwood drawers, stainless steel double sink and mixer and filter taps, tiled splashback, integrated Gaggenau dishwasher. Door opening into further storage area/plant room housing incoming services, underfloor heating manifolds, space for wine fridge, integrated data/wi-fi system serving whole house.
Colourful French cement-tile floor, stone and concrete shelving. Mice not included!
doors opening into the laundry, boot room, and doorway opening out to the side courtyard garden. Continuation of large format tiled floor.
space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and tumble dryer, fitted units and solid maple worksurface, Duravit wash hand basin with Axor Starck tap, Duravit WC. Column radiator for drying purposes.
glass bricks and casement window to side elevation, range of storage units and solid maple worksurface.
The top floor has underfloor heating throughout.
circular skylights in 4.2m high ceiling, glass brick window to rear elevation over stairs, internal window into the studio, doors opening into Studio/Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 4 and main bathroom. Airing Cupboard housing Vaillant condensing system boiler with pressurised hot water system, timber shelving.
BEDROOM 2/STUDIO: (21' 3'' x 12' 2'') (6.47m x 3.71m)
full width triple glazed windows to the rear elevation with stunning cityscape views, door leading out onto the terrace. Recessed spotlights. Small range of fitted units with basin and mixer tap (this room used to be a large bedroom with en-suite and could easily revert if desired).
an exceptionally private terrace with stunning views. Outside light and tap. Sheep not included!
BEDROOM 3: (14' 6'' x 9' 3'') (4.42m x 2.82m)
steel casement window to side elevation with views to Dundry, range of fitted wardrobes and shelves.
BEDROOM 4: (9' 5'' x 8' 7'') (2.87m x 2.61m)
glass brick and steel casement window with door to the front elevation opening out onto small balcony.
large Bette Supasteel bath with Hansgrohe overhead 'rain' and flexible shower heads, Matki shower screen. Tiled walls, Duravit WC, Agape steel basin unit with huge storage drawer and Hansgrohe recessed mixer tap, heated stainless steel towel rail, recessed spotlights, glass brick and steel casement window to side elevation.
simply stunning landscaped town garden. Private with a south easterly aspect, lots of sky and an open westerly side aspect which captures the afternoon and evening sunshine. Patio and decking interlinked with water feature and pond. Planted specifically to encourage bees. There is a particularly impressive white Wisteria spanning the back of the house.
Door to bespoke storage shed providing access to the side courtyard.
a charming courtyard with tree-ferns and a productive fig tree. Access to storage shed, outside tap.
two covered parking spaces with preparation for EV charging point, the second space is smaller due to a timber built bike store that could easily be reduced in size or removed. Built-in storage for bins, recycling boxes etc.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the selling agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. It is understood that there is a perpetual yearly rent charge of £12.8s.4d. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.