0117 946 6690
- A stunning first floor apartment
- 3 double bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms (plus study)
- Within a gothic style Victorian building
- Beautiful period features throughout
- Decked walk-out roof terrace
- Direct views over the Downs
A stunning 3 double bedroom, 2 reception room (plus study) apartment set within a gothic style Victorian building with garage, parking and decked walk-out roof terrace with direct views over the Downs.
Enjoy the slightly greater pace of life with the Durdham Downs offering 400 acres of recreational space whilst still maintaining easy access to Whiteladies Road and Westbury Park shops - both circa 1 mile away
Beautiful period features throughout including high ceilings, gothic pointed arch, stained glass windows, rounded arch doors, decorative architraves and period fireplaces.
Huge entrance reception hall with open plan study with raised mezzanine dining area which acts as a central focal point for the flat with principal rooms leading from here.
Accommodation: reception hall, study, dining room/hall, kitchen, sitting room, inner hallway, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room/wc, second inner hall, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bathroom/wc.
Outside: roof terrace with south-easterly views, Garage parking with power and lighting and, in addition, an off road parking space.
the property is approached over tarmacadam driveway, up a short flight of five stone steps into:-
grand open porch with decorative columns, rounded archways and balustrade. Further stone steps leading up to communal entrance door, opening into:-
communal hallway and stairwell providing access to four of the five flats within the building, turning staircase with two short flights of steps leading to the first floor with a rounded arched six-panel private wooden door opening into:-
cavernous entrance hall which is open plan with adjacent study and overlooked by the mezzanine dining area with natural lighting provided by twin leaded stained glass windows with central mullion and pointed archway, radiator, wooden flooring continues through to:-
STUDY: (17' 5'' x 12' 3'') (5.30m x 3.73m)
open plan with the hallway, currently used as a small art studio with high level wood framed sash window, boned suspended ceiling provides loft access for storage. Steps from the lower hallway area rise to:-
HALLWAY/DINING AREA: (15' 0'' x 12' 6'') (4.57m x 3.81m)
a large central hallway which provides access to all sections of the flat and is currently used as a dining area and overlooks the lower hallway. Wooden flooring continues, radiator, telephone intercom entry system.
KITCHEN: (17' 10'' x 13' 9'') (5.43m x 4.19m)
fully fitted kitchen on all sides, roll edged granite effect worktops with splashback boarding and wooden eye and floor level cupboards and drawers, open display shelving, space for range style cooker with stainless steel extractor hood, space for fridge/freezer, space for washing machine, integrated Neff dishwasher. Central island with granite work surface with breakfast bar and wine rack, further waxed wooden work surface with central granite surface area with inset stainless steel sink with swan neck Victorian style mixer tap. Naturally lit by wood framed sash window, central ceiling rose, tiled flooring throughout and radiator.
SITTING ROOM: (17' 7'' x 15' 5'') (5.36m x 4.70m)
wood framed sash windows flanking either side of central French doors which open onto the rear terrace. Decorative cast iron insert fireplace currently housing electric fire with granite hearth and white marble surround, high ceilings with decorative mouldings, dado rail and twin radiators.
accessed from the dining area; a small inner hallway which continues through to the bedroom provides access to a former staircase (which is blocked off at the top) currently serving as a cupboard. Further door through to:-
BEDROOM 1: (18' 5'' x 17' 7'') (5.61m x 5.36m)
double glazed window with far reaching views over the surrounding area, high ceilings continue, radiator, fitted wardrobes along one corner, tiled fireplace with wooden surround (not in use), door into storage cupboard and further door through to:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC:
enclosed corner shower cubicle with electric Mira Sprint shower with partially tiled walls into the corner, white suite comprising oversized pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, close coupled wc, mains fed heated towel rail, wall mounted extractor fan and tiled flooring.
SECOND INNER HALL:
further inner hallway provides access to further bedrooms and bathroom with bookshelf storage at one end, floor level modern electric consumer unit, twin radiators. Rounded arch dividing the bathroom end of the hallway from the bedrooms, which is naturally lit by glass bricks and benefits from built-in storage cupboards and head height corner shelving.
BEDROOM 2: (16' 8'' x 8' 3'') (5.08m x 2.51m)
high ceilings continue, double glazed window with far reaching views, simple mouldings and radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (16' 7'' x 8' 2'') (5.05m x 2.49m)
high ceilings continue, double glazed window with far reaching views, simple mouldings, radiator and wooden fireplace surround over former chimney breast.
double glazed wood framed sash window, matching white suite comprising freestanding stone double ended bath with side mixer tap and shower attachment, close coupled wc with concealed cistern, walk-in shower cubicle with low level tray and electric Mira Sprint shower and corner tiling, tiled flooring and mains fed heated towel rail. Mirrors inset into the door frame and decorative ceiling mouldings.
ROOF TERRACE: (17' 5'' x 11' 6'') (5.30m x 3.50m)
accessed from the sitting room; two steps down to a decked private roof terrace which directly overlooks wooded views towards circular road, with outside power supply, water, lighting and low stone balustrade providing a 180 degree south-easterly facing vista.
GARAGE: (20' 10'' x 10' 1'') (6.35m x 3.07m)
the property benefits from a long single garage with standard up and over door, power and lighting. The garage allocated to this apartment is the first on the right as you approach the property.
the property benefits from one allocated space, which is the centre space of five reserved for the five flats within the garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1 January 2000. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £128. The property currently has an internally managed Management Company. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.